Raiders draft picks bringing winning attitude to the team

justwinbaby

Banned
[h1]Winning attitude important in building Oakland Raiders[/h1]
http://www.examiner.com/x-514-Oakland-Raiders-Examiner

April 30, 2:21 AM

http://image.examiner.com/img/icon/comment.gif) no-repeat scroll left top; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; margin-right: 20px; color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;" onclick="location.href = '#comments';" title="comments">34 comments

ShareThis

http://image.examiner.com/img/icon/feed.gif) no-repeat scroll 0% 0%; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;" onclick="location.href = '/RSS-514-Oakland-Raiders-Examiner';" title="RSS Feed">Feed

DHB.jpg

DHB will block as well as catch.

Photo by AP Photo/Nick Wass, File

[h2]Related Articles[/h2]
The common thread among all of the players selected by the Oakland Raiders is that all of the draft picks are high work ethic players who are leaders and winners. This is a far cry from the Raiders of the recent past who were about themselves first, and a sign that the culture of losing that has infected the Raiders for years is finally lifting.

The first round pick Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland, whose selection at number seven was mocked by most draft followers, could not talk enough about following the lead of Jerry Rice's legendary work ethic. He has also made it a point that one of his strengths is his ability to block down-field. This is a stark contrast to the favored pick Michael Crabtree making a gesture of relief when his name wasn't called to join the Oakland Raiders.

Second round pick, Mike Mitchell from Ohio University managed to work his way up draft boards for different teams, despite not getting invited to the combine or receiving any of the predraft hype. He had to work harder than anybody else taken on the first day to receive that honor. He has also handled himself with nothing but class since hearing his selection bashed mercilessly.

Fourth round pick Louis Murphy was a team captain his senior year at Florida. He toiled in the shadow of first round pick and now Minnesota Viking Philadelphia Eagle Percy Harvin. This did not bother him as his goal is not personal numbers, but wins. When Cable called him to tell him that he was now a Raider, Murphy's first response was to ask for the strength and conditioning coach's number, and his second thing was asking to play special teams. Special teams is the all guts no glory type work, that makes the difference between wins and losses.

The Raiders added another worker as an undrafted free agent in Florida Atlantic's Frantz Joseph. These guys are representative of what Coach Cable wants to bring to the Oakland Raiders. It has to be about having that winning attitude and playing as a team. Nnamdi Asomugha and Justin Fargas shared the Oakland Raiders "Commitment to Excellence" award this past offseason, because they have that attitude.Gibril Wilson, on the other hand, was cut because he didn't.

Coach Cable is bringing the team together, which is something that has not happened for the Raiders. Fullback Luke Lawton said it best, "I love Coach Cable. I would take a bullet for that man. He cares for us as individuals, and he understands that we have to stay together in the system."

There have been numerous questions about the draft after a very solid free agent signing period. However, the draft guides only go so far in analyzing the prospect. There is no measurement for heart. The Raiders are populating the team with players who will leave everything on the field, and that is a recipe for success.

http://www.examiner.com/x...building-Oakland-Raiders

pimp.gif
bash all you want haters, the raiders are gonna be back real soon.

how are they bringing a winning attitude when only Louis Murphy has won in his collegiate career.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

how are they bringing a winning attitude when only Louis Murphy has won in his collegiate career.

A true winner trains hard, works hard and plays hard. and those guys up there are doing those things,

Originally Posted by JustWinBaby

A true winner trains hard, works hard and plays hard. and those guys up there are doing those things,
we talking about the same Louis Murphy & Derrius Hayward-Bey that underachieved in college?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Blah, blah, blah.

Seven wins tops.

id be happy with 7 wins, that's progress. I simply want to see my team get better, we all know they aint winning @#%% for at least 3 yrs minimum. but afterthat, AFC west watch out.
happy.gif

Someone should start an "Raiders Off Season" thread to post all this garbage.

All of a sudden these guys are the goods, because someone writes a feel good piece about them.

6-7 wins in a weak conference.

we talking about the same Louis Murphy & Derrius Hayward-Bey that underachieved in college?

thank you

I do not see them winning 7 games this season

5...maybe 6 tops.

What's going on with Jeff Garcia by the way? Is it going to be a QB competition at camp?

laugh.gif

Thats some ignorant %@%! right there.

smh.gif

Homer.

bash all you want haters, the raiders are gonna be back real soon.
The Raiders need to be good for about 5-6 years straight before getting some respect

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Someone should start an "Raiders Off Season" thread to post all this garbage.

All of a sudden these guys are the goods, because someone writes a feel good piece about them.

6-7 wins in a weak conference.
Holmes, every season is an offseason

^DoubleJs, i have to question how much you even watched DHB play if you think that comment is humorous.

i have seen DHB lay many, many people out in person.

he ALWAYS goes hard throwing blocks weakside or down the field.. he's certainly not one of those guys that thinks they're too good to get dirty.

lets not be like Cavs fans and make a thread everytime someone on the team takes a %%!#

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

^DoubleJs, i have to question how much you even watched DHB play if you think that comment is humorous.

i have seen DHB lay many, many people out in person.

he ALWAYS goes hard throwing blocks weakside or down the field.. he's certainly not one of those guys that thinks they're too good to get dirty.
he's about as inconsistent you can get w. his downfield blocking....one or two crackbacks doesn't constitute that he's a"willing" blocker....he's no Kenny Britt...

Originally Posted by sinser13

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I'm not gunna front, I'd be overjoyed with 7 wins
laugh.gif

that would be
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I'm saying, 7 wins would be nice.

Good looks on that article OP, I really want to see Murphy do well, I was a big fan of his at Florida.

Back
Top Bottom