Rakim had the best Discography hands down

rakim is one of my favorites but nah man dont know about this
laugh.gif

maybe one of the best rappers but def not discography as a whole, thats why I cant say the same for BIG, their library is too short

Scarface's discography>>Rakim's
Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's

Face and Ghost with stronger catalog?

You're pushing it.

Where did you get this info about him only dropping 2 albums?

Paid In Full
Follow The Leader
Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em
Don't Sweat The Technique

Ra's first 2 albums>most........

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's
Nas' Discography>>>> Rakims's

What''s your explanation behind this? And Outkast and Jay are my favorite rappers and it pains me to say this but they got wack albums in theircatalog. Scarface and Ghostface actually have none. And I thought about Nas. Then Nastradamus came to mind and I had to delete his name.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Both albums were classics, even though he only dropped 2, who drops back to back classics within the span of a year and a half?

Kanye did it in a little over 2 years, just sayin..

Originally Posted by D723

Both albums were classics, even though he only dropped 2, who drops back to back classics within the span of a year and a half?

33ykl0y.jpg

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by D723

33ykl0y.jpg

I don't think he's lying though......... I think you can debate that Kanye's first 3 albums were instant 4.5/5's.

It's solid as hell, but I don't know about the greatest.
Dude's still one of the GOATs regardless.

Great discography...best that ever did it imo. there's no doubt in my mind he could have had the best discography if he put out more material

Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's

Scarface maybe but the rest of them nah, Rakim has never made a wack album, i can't say that for Jay & Outkast. Ghostface doesn't have any wackalbums, he has few duds but some of his album dont have any replay value to them.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's

Scarface maybe but the rest of them nah, Rakim has never made a wack album, i can't say that for Jay & Outkast. Ghostface doesn't have any wack albums, he has few duds but some of his album dont have any replay value to them.

I agree but the reason I give them the edge because their discography's are bigger than Rakim's. If he had 5 to 6 in his catalog i'd probably agreehe has the best overall. Jay got what? One wack album? Maybe 2 if you consider Dynasty wack? Outkast got what? Idlewild? Even with the one wack album therecatalog's still superior.

Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's

Scarface maybe but the rest of them nah, Rakim has never made a wack album, i can't say that for Jay & Outkast. Ghostface doesn't have any wack albums, he has few duds but some of his album dont have any replay value to them.

I agree but the reason I give them the edge because their discography's are bigger than Rakim's. If he had 5 to 6 in his catalog i'd probably agree he has the best overall. Jay got what? One wack album? Maybe 2 if you consider Dynasty wack? Outkast got what? Idlewild? Even with the one wack album there catalog's still superior.
Jay got like 3 wack albums

BP2
Vol. 3
Kingdom Come

Outkast has 2

Speaker Boxxx/The Love Below
Idlewild

i mean he has released more then two albums lol but i can see why you made the statement

Originally Posted by MALI700

i mean he has released more then two albums lol but i can see why you made the statement
Maybe he's talking about the albums he made wit out Eric B...
If he is...aint nothing classic about them $*!+#...

Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's

I agree but the reason I give them the edge because their discography's are bigger than Rakim's. If he had 5 to 6 in his catalog i'd probably agree he has the best overall. Jay got what? One wack album? Maybe 2 if you consider Dynasty wack? Outkast got what? Idlewild? Even with the one wack album there catalog's still superior.

BP2
Vol. 3
Kingdom Come

Outkast has 2

Idlewild
correction its 1 1/2. I dont even consider idlewild a part of their discography. its a movie soundtrack.
eyes.gif

Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's

BP2
Vol. 3
Kingdom Come

Outkast has 2

Idlewild

Can't co-sign this %$+. Kingdom Come? Granted, Hov was on his life is like a beach chair %$+ but the album was hot. Definately doesn't deserve to bementioned with that garbage Vol. 3 %$+. And Blueprint 2 wasn't wack. had they trimmed down the filler the %$+ would've been on par with Blueprint IMO.Speakerboxx/LoveBelow is that %$+. Its different but hot nonetheless. I thought Idlewild was hot but I understand why people think its wack.

Jay's >>>Rakim's
Outkast's>>>>Rakim's
Ghostface's>>>Rakim's

BP2
Vol. 3
Kingdom Come

Outkast has 2

Idlewild
smh.gif
The words "concept album must mean nothing to you guys. Idlewild was fire and so was The Love Below. As for Jay-z, BP-2 should have been one cd, not two and it would have been sick. Considering what Eric B andRakim did together, I can see how the OP could say that.

Back
Top Bottom