Ralph Lauren struggling?

I'm just wondering what people are gonna do with the OD long tees and distressed garments when this fad goes out of style.
Seems like the time is quickly approaching.
Nothing, they'll rot in closets with RL rugby's and other trends that fell off. And that's why h&m and zara are booming right now, you can get the look for the low, and when it does fall off you won't feel like a idiot for spending hundreds of dollars for it.

H&M and zara clothing will fall apart before they fall off. That clothing is as cheap as it come. Screams im broke but i want to try to fit in. Struggle fashion.

And ive said it before, going public, selling out and having wall st. call the shots for your company is the problem here. They expect more and more and more, every quarter. At first they were getting more and more every quarter too. Doesnt take a genius to realize that type of growth is unsustainable. Whats happening now is the inevitable result of over growth. Everything has a business cycle, litterally every company ever goes back and forth between boom and bust. You could replace the word polo with jordan in this entire thread and it would still make sense, but no one thinks jordan is done.

And polo hasnt even started retroing yet lol. Best believe before its all said and done they are gonna eat off all their old classics. Martini bear dropping next fall.

And a tip for you guys. If you are shopping for polo at outlets and dept. stores you are not even seeing the best of the best. And im not even talking about the high end lines, strictly blue label. Its like y'all are buying gr's from macys on sale and complaining about the price and quality and you dont even realize there are premium quality, exclusive releases in the handful of rl store across the country. Most of yall are in the team jordan, gr realm of the polo game and dont even know it.

i Think the idea that the youth isn't buying polo is a bit extreme. I'm in NYC and i see Polo ALOT on the youth... Hell they were the OG dad cap and ****** been rockin those for years. Polo simply doesn't draw the hype that these other brands draw because 1) it's manufactured in large quantities 2) the more expensive things Polo/RRL throws out isn't easy to identify because it's not all Logo'd out. The plus of Polo having that tradition and such large platforms is that it doesn't need to have control of the youth to continue to flourish. We are talking a multi billion dollar company who is still doing very well, just not by there standards.

They will def outlast this drought because they have the means to do this & a few small revamps to their lines could put them right back in the eye of the "fashion forward" crowd. Not to mention that LO is INGRAINED in hiphops DNA and hiphop is what shifts the needle n fashion these days, so i fully expect a pole boom to come around soon.

H&M and zara clothing will fall apart before they fall off. That clothing is as cheap as it come. Screams im broke but i want to try to fit in. Struggle fashion.

And ive said it before, going public, selling out and having wall st. call the shots for your company is the problem here. They expect more and more and more, every quarter. At first they were getting more and more every quarter too. Doesnt take a genius to realize that type of growth is unsustainable. Whats happening now is the inevitable result of over growth. Everything has a business cycle, litterally every company ever goes back and forth between boom and bust. You could replace the word polo with jordan in this entire thread and it would still make sense, but no one thinks jordan is done.

And polo hasnt even started retroing yet lol. Best believe before its all said and done they are gonna eat off all their old classics. Martini bear dropping next fall.

And a tip for you guys. If you are shopping for polo at outlets and dept. stores you are not even seeing the best of the best. And im not even talking about the high end lines, strictly blue label. Its like y'all are buying gr's from macys on sale and complaining about the price and quality and you dont even realize there are premium quality, exclusive releases in the handful of rl store across the country. Most of yall are in the team jordan, gr realm of the polo game and dont even know it.

Faaaacctsssss! Danny Myers voice

THIS

You can be a fan of FOG....and still be a fan of Polo. Not mutually exclusive. I'm a fan of both....and could care less about Jerry Lorenzo :lol:.

I'll rock the polo sweatsuit in the winter with some New Balance 990's or Nike Boots.....The polo slim fit tee's in the summer....and rock the low end FOG style jeans.

That price tag on them beautiful denim :smh:

Let the kids have all new booty weirdo gear, timeless pieces will remain that, timeless. And I don't even rock with horse logo polo

man yall getting defensive about your love for the brand and it's timelessness but you're ignoring the facts about why their numbers are slipping

Glad I don't really get down with "fashion" these days,I'll stick to the same stuff I've been rocking for going on damb near 40 years. Long live Ralph. It's been said in here a lot already but rock whatever you like,do you and don't worry.

I ain't getting defensive about the brand for a matter of fact Ralph Lauren makes a lot of corny stuff as well. It's just wild how they're gonna remove their better looking themes. It's all gravy Ima still be in pro 5 white tees and fitted hats til death, no NT denim or nikes though way too old for all that haha

I genuinely do not know the last time I cared about RL. I stopped wearing their polo shirts because the arm holes were too small after I got back in the gym. Even the people I know who wear Polo RL get them from the outlets and Marshalls/TJ Maxx.

I'm not really a fan of the "American Classic" look. Outside of work and formal events, I'm usually in sportswear and athletsuire. Nike, Adidas and other streetwear brands all have better designs than Polo Sport/RLX.

well said.

Those polo white tees suck. Wide fitting unless they've gotten better recently.

They make slim fit 3 packs now and they are the truth. Not worth retail but if you can find em at marshalls for $20 thats not too bad. I got a spot that sells em individually for $3.50 :smokin

Last edited:
frankmatthews frankmatthews

i agree on your comment about H&M

not so much Zara, i don't own either or

H&M is cheap

an I'm too big for Zara :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom