Ramadan Mubarak!

How goes it friends. I got a question for my Muslim brothers on NT (I am catholic myself). I am currently working with a co-worker who is Muslim and is observing Ramadan. As a result, my dood isn't eating during the fasting period ( working hours). My question is, how can I be sensitive to his fast. When I snack, I make sure to walk outside of our office and eat in the lobby because I know dood is hungry. I even feel bad drinking water in front of him but I drink a lot of water so I can't walk out every 5 minutes to take a sip. Should I feel guilty? How can I be supportive? I know when I am hungry I get super irritable and want to smash some skulls. This guy must be super saiyen irritable.

Talk to him about it. Not all Muslims will feel the same way. My boy sat right next to me while I eat and I would ask him questions about it, and it wouldn't bother him. Open up a dialogue before you eat, and then later on in the day, ask him if he minds if you eat in front of him.

It doesn't bother me at all when people are eating/drinking in front of me. It most likely doesn't bother him either but you should just ask

Salaam. We're used to it. It doesn't bother me and I sure none of us. In fact, we don't want you to feel uncomfortable. Just talk with him and he will be please to speak with you about it.

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Have any of you guys "cheated" during ramadan?
What are the consequences?

God knows all. That's punishment in itself.

However, if you have sex during fasting - you will have to fast for another 30 days.

If you break your fast, you have to make up each day you miss. (No cursing, Music, Lying, Arguing, Food, Water, Sex, BackBitting, Gossiping, Negative thoughts or harsh attitude.)
Or, feed somone that is in need of food each day you miss.

If you break your fast by accidnet, it's not consider breaking.

We get used to it, but just like others have said, talk to him about it. However, its very rude in a muslim country, unlike america. In a muslim country, lets say turkey, you eat or smoke around people who are fasting, you will be punished and pretty much being rude.

If you eat or drink water on purpose during Ramadan, i know for a fact that you have to fast for another 60 days. Not sure what happens if its a mistake though.

My fat barber stays breaking ramadan, dude is comedy
laugh.gif

I didn't know you dudes had to go without water. That's got to result in serious dehydration and fainting for people who work physical labor. Not healthy man. 
ohwell.gif

i would not care at all. most probably because im an atheist.

DEALWITHIT.swf

i respect people with religions by not bashing them, but i am not gonna change the way i do things just cause youre around.

^^ You'd be amazed at what your body is capable of. The old example of Hakeem Olajuwon who used to play games while fasting. When you've been doing it since you were 11, you get used to it.

OP, I'm sure he doesn't mind. This month is like clockwork to us. You can talk to him about it, but I'm sure people eating and drinking around doesn't bother him at all. The bigger problem was people shoving food in your face in junior high
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom