Ramen Speed Eating Contest May 20th from 3pm-8pm!! Winner gets Free Ramen for 1 Year

I like my ramen undercooked. Beef Flavor. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

I like my ramen UNDERCOOKED!!!!!
if youre ever in Gardena, CA there is an awesome ramen place that lets you choose the doneness of the noodles.  I am in the same boat as you (kinda).  I prefer my ramen noodles al dente.

I'm high as a kite and could really go for a good bowl of ramen right about now. Perhaps I should head to Japantown.
2124052111_e3bdeb012c.jpg

ramen.jpg

532854948_745fc008b3.jpg

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

if youre ever in Gardena, CA there is an awesome ramen place that lets you choose the doneness of the noodles.  I am in the same boat as you (kinda).  I prefer my ramen noodles al dente.

You're probably talking about Shinsengumi Hakata Ramen.  They let you choose the softness of noodles, amount of oil, and flavor strength.  At TonChan, you can also just let the servers know that you want hard noodles if that's what you prefer.  I'm in the same boat as well.  Hard noodles is the way to go.

this place is the truth, one of the best ramen places in town. Ima try my hands at free ramen for a year no doubt!

U should do a contest on who can eat the most bowls.

I can eat at least 4-5 bowls of ramen for brunch, real talk.

What y'all prefer, though... Pho or Ramen?
laugh.gif

love that place.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

this place is the truth, one of the best ramen places in town. Ima try my hands at free ramen for a year no doubt!

THIS.  You better come correct son

I'm thinking of trying this but not sure how I stack up. Might go in a few times this week to see if I have a chance.

XI SHINE IX - have you done this before? if so, what were the winners times then?

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

as a current college student the thought of this contest turns my stomach no disrespect but living off these is 
sick.gif

You do realize real ramen and instant ramen are two totally different things right? That's like saying you don't like spaghetti b/c you don't like spaghetti-o's or chef boyardee...

Originally Posted by XI ShinE XI

You're probably talking about Shinsengumi Hakata Ramen.  They let you choose the softness of noodles, amount of oil, and flavor strength.  At TonChan, you can also just let the servers know that you want hard noodles if that's what you prefer.  I'm in the same boat as well.  Hard noodles is the way to go.

correct.

maybe i have to stop by TonChan and give this place a shot next time im around SGV

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

THIS.  You better come correct son

"you don't want it with hov, ask nas he ain't want it wit hov, noooooo."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Maaaan I can mirk a bowl of ramen in 30seconds.
real ramen in the big !!+ serving bowl it comes in? na son
laugh.gif

Maybe if you can eat like them
Dude on the left is a beast. He had time to clean his glasses and they still weren't done
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ddouble wrote:

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

real ramen in the big !!+ serving bowl it comes in? na son
laugh.gif

Maybe if you can eat like them
Dude on the left is a beast. He had time to clean his glasses and they still weren't done
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damb... son must have been breathing it in
alien.gif

Originally Posted by xtianp

I'm thinking of trying this but not sure how I stack up. Might go in a few times this week to see if I have a chance.

XI SHINE IX - have you done this before? if so, what were the winners times then?

No, this is our first eating contest event so I have no idea how it will turn out.  But we always have this Level 6 Spicy Challenge where if you complete our level 6 spiciness ramen in 6 minutes or less, you get the ramen for free.  I believe the fastest time for that was around 5 minutes but for that they get double the noodle.  I'm guessing people will be able to finish our single noodle ramen in 2-3 minutes for the regular challenge and maybe 3-4 minutes for the spicy challenge? 

Also check out this review from fellow NTer VeryAnalytical85 and the rest of his food blog. 
http://foodoofus.com/2011...en-spot-please-stand-up/

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

as a current college student the thought of this contest turns my stomach no disrespect but living off these is 
sick.gif

You do realize real ramen and instant ramen are two totally different things right? That's like saying you don't like spaghetti b/c you don't like spaghetti-o's or chef boyardee...
its the idea of noodles period.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

^ First dude chilled there for hella long, wiped his mouth 2x, then his glasses and his mouth one more time 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Dude was like, "Y'all still not done?"
30t6p3b.gif

Does an egg in the soup really make it better?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

the cheap ramen has a lot of sodium

i pour water in the cup and then i drain it and then pour water again to heat it up

I use half a little over half the packet in ramen, and I dont consume all the liquid either.

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Originally Posted by Luong1209

^ First dude chilled there for hella long, wiped his mouth 2x, then his glasses and his mouth one more time 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Dude was like, "Y'all still not done?"
30t6p3b.gif

Does an egg in the soup really make it better?
nerd.gif
I think the egg makes it better especially when it's soft boiled and nicely marinated.  At TonChan the egg is perfectly cooked so the yolk is still gelatinous but not too runny.  I prefer the soft boiled hanjuku egg to the hard boiled egg.

Back
Top Bottom