Random *!@ Sports Facts....vol. strange but true....

Coach Daly (RIP) never called a timeout during the Olympics when he coached the Dream Team.

_BOS_Perkins_Kendrick.jpg

FACT: this is the only left over evidence that Kendrick Perkins has teeth.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude even looked PISSED when they won last year.

"Man @!%% this I wanna keep playin even though I hate that, too."

Originally Posted by alcapone

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the other night, chuck was saying he wants to see dude smile one time in his career
laugh.gif

Last year Minor Leaguer John Odom was traded for 10 bats. A few weeks later, he just upped and left the team.

What most people don't know is about 5 or 6 months later, he was found dead from H, meth, booze and other drugs.

From being the laughing stock of all sports media to killing himself...

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by alcapone

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the other night, chuck was saying he wants to see dude smile one time in his career
laugh.gif

The Chuckster FTW
smokin.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Last year Minor Leaguer John Odom was traded for 10 bats. A few weeks later, he just upped and left the team.

What most people don't know is about 5 or 6 months later, he was found dead from H, meth, booze and other drugs.

I remember that trade.

The aftermath though.
frown.gif

10 bats...10 bats?!...I'd prolly kill myself as well. Who trades a grown man for ten bats? They basically told him, your value is 10 bats, good luck withyour life.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Kevin Garnett's mother was a Jehovah's Witness, he was nineteen before he celebrated his first Christmas and Halloween.

Ray Allen once dunked the ball in his own hoop following the tip-off as a high school senior.

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacques Wamutombo, aka Dikembe Mutombo, speaks seven languages fluently

WWE star the Undertaker played high school basketball with Magic Johnson.

In the last 10 years, the only players to win Defensive Player of the Year while averaging less than 10 RPG are Alonzo Mourning(2000) and Ron Artest(2004).

Fernando Valenzuela was on the brink of signing with the Yankees before Mike Brito convinced him to come to LA.

I don't know how well known this one is outside of us dodger fans but...

As a kid, Vin Scully was a huge Giants fan.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

10 bats...10 bats?!...I'd prolly kill myself as well. Who trades a grown man for ten bats? They basically told him, your value is 10 bats, good luck with your life.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I remember my roommate telling me this when it happened. Frankly, the trade works out best for the team because the bats are still there.

Miami Seahawks: The team moved to Baltimore and were renamed the Baltimore Colts. The Seahawk name was then given toSeattle

Originally Posted by 255forLife

scot pollard's left foot is a sz 17, right foot is a sz 18 (i think, could be the other way around)

but basically.. whenever he breaks out a new pair of shoes, it's actually two pairs.
i heard Z too have a different size of shoe for each foot mainly because of his past foot injuries.

While playing for the Cavs, Ricky Davis once intentionally bounced the ball off of his own rim to get his 10th rebound so he could get his 1st career tripledouble...

EDIT: The official stat dudes weren't cool with it at all...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i read it and didn't really believe it either....but i decided to post it anyways
happy.gif

That Undertaker/Magic "fact" is false. Undie grew up in Texas, Magic grew up in Michigan, Undertaker was born in 1964, Magic in 1959. You must bereferring to Kevin Nash, because he was the 2nd best player in Michigan, behind Magic Johnson, during that time frame.

San Diego Chargers are named after a credit card.

If a nine-inning baseball game lasts around two and a half hours, only around eight minutes of that time is action time.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

That Undertaker/Magic "fact" is false. Undie grew up in Texas, Magic grew up in Michigan, Undertaker was born in 1964, Magic in 1959. You must be referring to Kevin Nash, because he was the 2nd best player in Michigan, behind Magic Johnson, during that time frame.
yehh i was just gonna say cause i remember good ol' JR saying something about how nash and magic were the 2 top prospects in their area...oldschool wwf FTW
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Ken Norton Jr is the only NFL Player to win 3 Superbowls in a row

pimp.gif

-bill walsh coached at my old high school
-dennis eckersly went to my old high school
-from 1994 to 2003 robert horry and steve kerr alternated nba championships...both also won 2 rings with popovich and 3 rings with phil jackson...they were also known for being clutch

Originally Posted by heat23

Miami Seahawks: The team moved to Baltimore and were renamed the Baltimore Colts. The Seahawk name was then given to Seattle

eek.gif
I never knew this.....

Not many young kids know that the Portland Blazers and the Houston Rockets past on MJ in the Draft
laugh.gif

The Seattle Seahawks are the only team in the NFL never to wear white at home

Back
Top Bottom