Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

If true, dude has a good team behind him

Lol good team. I saw another post that said WB just followed the incorrect protocol for signing him since he's a minor. But regardless getting the masters to that record is a W if Tha Lights Global don't own some of it because of the deal he has set up with them :lol:.

If akademiks not getting paid he needs to be slapped seriously...he gotta be getting paid under the table.

He should but at the same time he could be like SayCheese and take a few racks to just post anything sometimes Shawn be posting some bull ****.

He probably wouldn't be Akademiks if he just took money from anyone. Even though he be posting **** he knows will get people riled up lol.

Last edited:
I mean but dawg he literally isn’t posting lil pump anymore he is PROMOTING him. Look at what he keep saying “he has 8 figure deals on the able” “he’s reportedly getting 10 million dollar deals”

Lol it’s been like 4 posts in a row. Fam is hyping him up he gotta be getting a bag. Either that or he just d riding for no reason

I mean but dawg he literally isn’t posting lil pump anymore he is PROMOTING him. Look at what he keep saying “he has 8 figure deals on the able” “he’s reportedly getting 10 million dollar deals”

Lol it’s been like 4 posts in a row. Fam is hyping him up he gotta be getting a bag. Either that or he just d riding for no reason

Man. Does it matter? I'm doing the same ******* thing if I'm getting money. The ***** is posting pictures followed with captions to make money. I will do that in a heartbeat.

To people 20+ it's lame but if all of his "chat ******" are 13-19, and those Twitch donations, YouTube views (ad revenue) and audience is what is buying his endless supply of Hennessy and fitteds and is what is giving him his leverage in these Complex/Revolt/Amazon/etc. discussions, then I see why he is focused on posting ad nauseum about artists we typically don't care about. We not the ones donating to him on Twitch and following his every rant and YouTube upload.

For everyone who has complained about Ak no one has stepped up to be the "real *****" alternative. And since it looks like a big ol Dorito and Ramen Noodle Wrap for Tax, the lane is wide open.

It's not wide open anynore. More and more people are doing the cover hip hop news on ig and social media schtick. It's at the beginning of being overestimated. Akademiks is lucky that he's been doing it for a minute. I didn't know he's been doing it so long.

The idea of being a Akademiks type page is def oversaturated but thats basically been the case since the mid 2000's. How many different blogs or hip hop social media pages exist?

I'm talking strictly the lane of focusing on street esque artists and then putting a face behind that that is ready to take the consequences of a rapper not liking your opinion. Imagine how much more lit Akademiks would be if he was in comment sections not running from smoke when Flocka or someone commented some spicy **** under his posts lol.

The only people in that lane were Tax and now Charlamagne (who has chilled out and never had that energy to begin with w/ guys like Gucci or Master P) and Joe Budden who also got sometimesy with Jeezy. Lane is wide open. You just gotta be charismatic, tough looking and have the right ****** on speed dial lol.

F that Racist bish.

Ain’t nun new

Man...you different. You **** on Oprah and Mary J for some **** in another thread...then say Tomi looking sexy and ask if she dating a black (Uncle Tom racism denier btw) in this one

:smh: :lol:

i mean
u cant say someone is attractive
even if they are racist????
or u cant say u would smash either????
and i was sayin aint she dating a black dude
cause i sworn it came out she had a black dude
but i was just asking cause i wasn't sure
thats probably who put her on to 21

snoop-doggs-new-alter-ego-is-a-white-guy-named-to-2-5949-1409339011-1_dblbig.jpg

He should but at the same time he could be like SayCheese and take a few racks to just post anything sometimes Shawn be posting some bull ****.

He probably wouldn't be Akademiks if he just took money from anyone. Even though he be posting **** he knows will get people riled up lol.

Nah AK got a whole different “wider” fanbase off that Chiraq ****, all those nerds in flyover country that was obsessing over local Chicago street beefs ain’t really following saycheese like that for some reason

He wasn’t really posting the type of artists they would be into either but he’s starting to now. I remember him posting Smokepurrp a min ago when he got signed and none of his followers knew who the **** he was :lol: His followers on there to see legit street rapperS like YoungBoy not wannabe SoundCloud _’s. Seem like he making headyway in that lane tho

People are really underestimating the Twitch channel he his. You can basically play any music you feel like
like stream it and collect donation/subs all while playing games if you choose. Nobody is doing THAT, he can
promote all that trash on a streaming site anytime.

This is a company that just spent 90 million for 2 years to broadcast Overwatch to it's base. I don't see Revolt
or any of them other companies doing anything remotely close to that. They don't have the capitol. He has
a agenda.

ak is prolly doing what tax was doing

a&r’ing and managing people behind the scenes

Nah AK is entirely too Stanish for that, ****** eyes be filled with glee when talking to these soundcloud ******. He may be taking bread from labels to promote artist, but A&R/Manager is way beyond his skill set.

Nah AK is entirely too Stanish for that, *****s eyes be filled with glee when talking to these soundcloud *****s. He may be taking bread from labels to promote artist, but A&R/Manager is way beyond his skill set.
Unless his whole thing is a act I can't see him managing somebody. :lol:

Xxxtetdgfhk and Yachty are his role models.

Nah AK is entirely too Stanish for that, *****s eyes be filled with glee when talking to these soundcloud *****s. He may be taking bread from labels to promote artist, but A&R/Manager is way beyond his skill set.

if he’s still promoting lil pump and pump got out his label deal I still stand by that possibility if he’s getting money from artists

Guess I'm the only one that's subscribed to Ak's Twitch channel. lol
Best of both worlds for me. A cat that talks about rap while playing video games. If he was smart, he would partner up with Hip Hop Gamer and do something with Hot 97.

Back
Top Bottom