Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

giphy.gif

Lyricism will be back full force by 2019. I’m almost positive. There’s no way everyone can continue to listen to all these ****** when they’re EXACTLY the same.

Lyricism will be back full force by 2019. I’m almost positive. There’s no way everyone can continue to listen to all these *****s when they’re EXACTLY the same.

****** said this 10 years ago.

To think it’s coming back...would mean you think that young ****** are going to suddenly start valuing lyricism again. I don’t see things trending in that direction.

As long as rappity rap **** is considered “uncool”...that **** is dead.

I remember Pusha proclaiming “live *****” rap is back a few years ago and wondering to myself what this ***** was talking about.

Last edited:
***** said said this 10 years ago.

To think it’s coming back...would mean you think that young *****s are going to suddenly start valuing lyricism again. I don’t see things trending in that direction.

As long as rappity rap **** is considered “uncool”...that **** is dead.

I remember Pusha proclaiming “live *****” rap is back a few years ago and wondering to myself what this ***** was talking about.
I’m not talking them valuing lyrical rap because most of them can’t rap. But the ones that are only good at being a Great Value ___ will get themselves out the paint. When you actually think about it, it’s about 70% of them that aren’t original.

And before anyone says I’m an old head, I’m 23 and a fan of the new and old stuff.

It hasn’t left. I said back in full force meaning mainstream.

These newer guys ****ed themselves by copying each other to get on. Like your not gonna make Travis, Uzi, Future, Drake sound better than them, and why listen to the imitation when the original is better? It might work for a little, but it’s gonna die out soon.

I don't know about that. They gon keep rolling these disposable Lil Uzi, Lil Pump, Trippie Red, dudes cuz lil high school kids love 'em. Kids don't mind biting as long as they can singalong with it and the beat is good. It's still a lot of people that want to hear dudes that can actually rap and got talent but the BS fast food rap is gonna continue.

It's not gonna be the majority because a lot of ****** simply don't have the skill to rap well & aren't gonna push for that because it makes getting the mone harder. With that said the three biggest rappers in the Genre focus on bars along with the other traits.

Strictly being a lyricist isn't gonna get you to the top of mainstream, but truthfully that has never gotten the Job done All the great lyrical artist who popped mainstream Jay, Big, LL, Outcast, Pac etc etc all had multiple facets & song making ability.

It's proven yearly that lyric focused rap can sell, i just don't think it will be the most prominent amongst teenagers. Fortunately rap has grown past just being marketed to Teenagers.

Strictly being a lyricist isn't gonna get you to the top of mainstream, but truthfully that has never gotten the Job done All the great lyrical artist who popped mainstream Jay, Big, LL, Outcast, Pac etc etc all had multiple facets & song making ability.

Prolly the biggest things dudes ignore. You basically tryna please everybody at that point and it requires a lot of different skill sets. **** is a lot easier said than done.

What do you guy’s rap tiers look like? :nerd:

A - Peoples projects I’ll always check for, day one
Jay, Ye, Kendrick, Drake, Cole, Future, Ross, Big Sean, 2 Chainz

B - People I’ll check for, not a priority
Fab (crazy underrated), Dave East, Meek, Chance (sometimes), ASAP (Rocky, Ferg, etc), KRIT, Travis Scott, Wayne

in terms of skills, there’s no rank for me, no one is topping Jay on any list

Are these supposed to be personal?
To me the tiers should somewhat be correlated to touring.

Who can headline arenas?
Jay, kendrick, cole, drake, Ye, Em and I guess chance is here i didn't pay attention to his tour

Then you have future, sean, joey bad, meek, and all them other guys that play at the smaller venues but above the club showing guys. (Hard rocks, fillmores, amphitheaters, etc)

You got guys talking about getting 30-40 for a club appearance but some guys are making 1m plus a date. They shouldn't be in the same category as far as im concerned. But if its who I like then the list is different.

Back
Top Bottom