Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Agreed.

However, what's a bit interesting here is that this dude said he just started rapping in 2017. You don't usually see someone elevate so quickly in the business of something that involves a craft. That's a FAST *** push.

I saw an interview where he said Coach K had been trying to get him to rap for 5 years prior and how Gucci Mane tried to sign him.

@str8drop is he somebody's son or little brother that was "connected" in the streets and/or music business in Atlanta?

He elevated because people are ******* with the music. I'm not arguing that it isnt a push. I'm just saying that the rise, at least to me, is organic because at the end of it it all goes back to the music and people being receptive to it

No social media antics or aggressive, forced label push. Just music and buzz.

nah lil baby is def a street ***** industry plant :lol: but it works because he had to be doing something to be in that circle to begin with which is why no one is mad about it. his narrative adds to the legitimacy of his music.

my dawg was an “organic” hit in that people chose it and it spread organically along with his other music, but QC connections def helped him blow as fast as he did. All his **** was debut on worldstar/mymixtapez/etc.

his music being fire helped spread it but QC plugged it in the rigt plces.

Last edited:
Define organically

**** been from the ground up for real for real. I was in the A when “My Dawg” dropped in real time (late July/early August).....then I went back from AUC homecoming in October. It was one of those things where EVERYBODY was blasting the music from car windows and clubs before people even knew who it was :lol:.

Especially AUC homecoming. People walking around playing that from their phones.

Not only that...dude did the entire chiterling curlicue in the south and had Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana etc on his back before taking off further

Of course it’s a luxury to have Thug, QC, Gucci and Migos in your corner off the rip....

But he really developed a buzz off of the Two mixtapes he dropped in 2017. He ain’t officially sign with QC til December...when the 2nd project dropped.

Atlanta supports their artist like no other. When Tip, Gucci, Big Bank, Chainz etc get behind it as well as the local radio combined with the label and quality music....it’s on its way.

Agreed.

However, what's a bit interesting here is that this dude said he just started rapping in 2017. You don't usually see someone elevate so quickly in the business of something that involves a craft. That's a FAST *** push.

I saw an interview where he said Coach K had been trying to get him to rap for 5 years prior and how Gucci Mane tried to sign him.

@str8drop is he somebody's son or little brother that was "connected" in the streets and/or music business in Atlanta?

he was with thug along with gunna and in general apparently always just been a young ***** getting money allegedly and had the popularity and aura in the city, already around P and K shooting dice hustling and ****. K and P saw the aura for years and he only took it seriously when he came home from doing 2.

Hoodrich had a similar story where he was the plug for the Migos getting a lot of **** “allegedly”, was already living the lifestyle and all of a sudden started rapping. I remember someone saying they saw him win big on a dice game and jump out of a ****ing window :lol: years before he started rapping.

Youngboy remind me of Boosie and Kevin Gates (the tolerable gates)

Quando Rondo next up from that lane

Kodak spawned an entire genre of Project Baby’s making bluesy, heartfelt, pain rap.

All I got from the video was that they was passing around a bottle of Tequila

Youngboy definitely holding it down for the streets

Kodak started fumbling before he went to jail

Come on Wavez. You can't deny this bruh.
Even white folks reciting Baby freestyle word for word.
You don't think a song with Drake getting even more attention?
Joint is undeniable. Like I said, It's Baby & Gunna world, we just living in it.

Birdman’s son was only better than Curren$y, “Nutt Da Kid”, and whoever that 4th (5th?) Sqad Up member was back then.

You can't keep saying dude was the best rapper alive or best rapper during a period, and he was doing an album with Juelz. Who thought Juelz was the best rapper or even in competition for that title?

You would only do a joint album with someone who matched your popularity or talent level. He'd dumb down his music to do an album with Juelz?

If he were the best rapper he'd be out rapping Juelz on every song. People would be wondering why he would be doing a song with someone so beneath him.

Ya'll stay saying that, because he said it, not because he earned it or was anywhere the best. He wasn't Fab, Cassidy or Banks when it came to punchlines.

Wayne was king basic bar who had a better flow than most.

And he hasn't gone down that much from what he was before, it's just that you're older now and that basic **** doesn't impress you like it did when you were 13.

You can't keep saying dude was the best rapper alive or best rapper during a period, and he was doing an album with Juelz. Who thought Juelz was the best rapper or even in competition for that title?

You would only do a joint album with someone who matched your popularity or talent level. He'd dumb down his music to do an album with Juelz?

If he were the best rapper he'd be out rapping Juelz on every song. People would be wondering why he would be doing a song with someone so beneath him.

Ya'll stay saying that, because he said it, not because he earned it or was anywhere the best. He wasn't Fab, Cassidy or Banks when it came to punchlines.

Wayne was king basic bar who had a better flow than most.

And he hasn't gone down that much from what he was before, it's just that you're older now and that basic **** doesn't impress you like it did when you were 13.

This needs to be on a plaque somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom