Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nah man... I’m not believing she’s that desperate. :lol:
F88147B1-E08D-4B2F-99A2-C94CC9A07478.png

:rofl:

I gotta hand it to her. She got everyone's attention by going full Love & Hip-Hop/Shade Room. On one hand it reeks of desperation, and on the other...I can't be too mad at it. If other major artists can dabble in gossip (especially male artist) why can't she?

I guess we'll see how she leverages the attention into business this time around. Regardless, I'm sure they'll find a way to tell us how many "streaming records" she set or some ****.

You know she's upset Cardi isn't taking the bait :lol:

Nikki know it’s do or die now with her career. She’s done.

Its a lot of dudes who career really might be over...

Ye
Jay
Nas

Sad to see man

FEFE is bigger than all her singles combined and I know her sales were low for her standards. I’m curious if they add those numbers to her sales or does it start later.

She was projected to do 150 (total) and 60 of those are actual sales. She's coming in at 2 or 3 until this FEFE move.

"This week's tight chart battle for #1 between Nicki Minaj's Queen and Travis Scott's ASTROWORLD is another skirmish in the longstanding competitive rivalry between Republic boss Monte Lipman and Epic prexy Sylvia Rhone.
Earlier in the week the odds seemed very much in Scott's favor, as new merch bundles were added to his highly successful store. Both sides have gone into overdrive to generate maximum numbers since then. Wednesday saw Republic strip on "FEFE," the 6ix9ine single on which she's featured (originally released on Elliot Grainge's TenThousand), to Nicki's album. The move may be a Hail Mary, but some in the UMG camp believe it has moved the center of gravity in the race. The freshly added 20th cut to the YMCMB/Republic set is currently #3 on Spotify's U.S. chart, and #2 at Apple Music.
Sony will argue that Apple shouldn't count today, since "FEFE" wasn't ingested into the Apple system until after 5:30pm ET. Look for other maneuvers from both camps, including a Nicki Tidal play.
Could this nudge the chart fight in Nicki's direction as she vies for the crown against returning champ Scott? Uni handicappers think so. But don't count Rhone out; last week Scott amassed about 250k in D2C, the biggest single-week direct-sales number in recent memory."

Last edited:
I think these 3 have graduated beyond "careers" as far as actually making music goes :lol:

How is Jay in this list?
yea I think that didn’t come out right, I def didn’t mean to put her with them. I guess I’m trying to say 2018 is prolly the end of the goats(not including nikki) like Idk how jay can top 4:44 at this point. Ye gone, and my mans Nas just mailed it in on the last one. Those 3 are at the top for me as far as rap. Sad to see it’s over.

I say all of that to say, nikki know her run is over. She pressing.

As far as Hov, he could walk away from rap right now and I wouldn’t be mad at him. Eliminating personal favorites or Top 5 talk from the conversation, he’s the greatest to ever do it. And at this point, he’s transcended hip hop. He’s one of those pillars in the community whose shown us that we can ascend to tremendous heights regardless of where we’re from or the conditions we’re born into. Financial freedom, the importance of family, being accountable for your actions, etc. 4:44 would be a perfect note to end it on, although I doubt it’s his last go at it. Homie loves the game too much and it’s interesting to see the god take a stab at the new sound that’s prevalent in rap. “Can’t stop won’t stop addicted to this new ****.”

There really is a Hov bar for damn near every situation. :lol:

I wouldn’t say it’s curtains for Nas just yet.

Him and Ye just didn’t fit. I attribute that more so to Kanye than Nas, but that’s just my take. That project wasn’t terrible, or as bad as some people tried to make it out to be. Waco was in pocket on most of those songs.

I’m still checking for homie when he drops that project with Swizzie. :smokin

Ye can get the **** on as far as I’m concerned. MBDTF still my favorite album of all time, but son is gone. :smh:

I say all that to say this, Nicki made a trash move by adding FEFE to her joint and people can see the obvious desperation. Her album is titled Queen. The Queen of hip hop shouldn’t have to be out her doing the things she does to garner attention like that. It should go without saying. Out the blue, shorty brought up Tyga in all of this for Christ’s sake. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom