Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

_'s thought they was killing the game with that back in 03-04. :lol: I never understood that lineup.

50-cent-trl-2003-billboard-1548.jpg

to be fair that ish was a hold over from da late 90's.

jon-baka-jonathan-david-buckthe-4th-annual-soul-train-lady-of-soul-DA97TF.jpg

What I mean by Jim Jones has a distinctive voice, is that whenever you hear him on a mixtape, album, or on the radio, you know it’s him without thinking about it. He didn’t replicate someone else’s cadence/voice sound like a lot of rappers do. I’ll give an example, A Boogie stole Dej L entire singing pattern/cadence. Even though Krit has his own voice, we all know he rips Pimp C,s cadence and rhyme pattern sometimes. Doesn’t matter if you don’t like Jim or recognize what I’m saying.

Whenever you hear him, you know it’s him without second guessing yourself. I just heard that Swiss Beats Feat Jim Jones song, he’s defenately upper his skill level. I know that we never thought that we’d see the day, but he is carrying dipset on a skill level. If Cam and Juelz would’ve worked on their skills and craft to elevate their flows, Dipset would probably make a couple of more classic albums.

Seems like Jim stayed hungry for improvement while everybody else got relaxed after having success. Doesn’t matter how good you spit, you could always improve your skill level. But when you peak lyrically, you can only improve your flow, how you ride the beat with different flow patterns while riding the beat.

Nothing is wrong with the chin strap line up. Them cats just had or has horrible barbers. The key to it, is not getting the lines to skinny like how Cam and 50 has theirs. It has to be on Jon B,s level or a tad bit wider, plus just shaping up the bottom neck, instead of shaving it all off helps too. A barber with persission can do it right. The ones who cut the lines to skinny, forget about it.

I downloaded that Jay Critch album this morning, deleted that **** in less than five minutes. Nothing but autotune and bull****. SMH

I'll give it a listen later today. Expecting it to sound like a bunch of Rich/Dex songs, but the track with French sounds good.

In honor of Heavy D birthday.

RIP to the dude that may have very well been the pioneer of the fly fat dude in rap.

This a banger though.....

Also put Mr. Vernon on the map.....

Underrated rapper

One of the best flows

- **** Jimmy Iovine
- Dawn Richards is ugly as ****. No body and bad skin. She was the ugly one in Danita Kane and D Woods was bad as ****. She was the ugly one in Dirty Money, the other girl in the group body was ****in stupid K something.
- Were those comments before or after they put out Last Train to Paris? I’m assuming it’s before, why didn’t she quit or curse him out? If she allowed that type of ignorance, I have no sympathy for her. I’m not letting anyone talk to me like that for a check.

I'm not shocked

Music has always had a certain mold you had to fit as much as talent. It's why Diana Ross got backlash.

It's why Alicia Keys got the push she got.

Sometimes you get the rare combo of both, Beyonce and Whitney

Back
Top Bottom