Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Grammys still don’t matter.... cool to see people like nipsey who “they” don’t even acknowledge be named tho. Still don’t matter tho. Mac Miller being nominated is a prime example why.

Astroworld is hard
5% TINT :pimp:
RIP SCREW :pimp:

My fav song on the album. Goodie Mob flashback got me all the way

I don't think Astroworld is nearly as great as people view it and can't say I understand why it's being hailed so high

He probably won't win, but it's dope to see my dude Nip get the RAOY nomination. Especially since his album came out way back in February. Well deserved.

Victory Lap was my introduction to Nipsey and it's definitely needed to be nominated

GRAMMYs with the fumble as usual. Best rap album should of been

Astroworld
Kids see Ghosts
KOD
Daytona
Scorpion

But I get why they put Cardi B and Mac. I’m glad Nipsey got the nomination too.

My Nominations woulda been

DAYTONA
KOD
Victory Lap
Culture II
NOT ALL HEROES WEAR CAPES

Grammys still don’t matter.... cool to see people like nipsey who “they” don’t even acknowledge be named tho. Still don’t matter tho. Mac Miller being nominated is a prime example why.

There aren't any award shows that matter or are fully respected. I wonder what small show will be able to earn people's/the culture's respect

I never knew Kodak sounded so much like Longway until after listening to the Peewee album

This Payroll got me feeling like Nino in his prime

1225_038.jpg

Was the interview about the NBA? No, it was about music. I’m glad he ain’t making the money off music no more, he’s a twerp.

I don’t pocket watch, and neither should you.

Not sure we watched the same interview. and I'm sure this is the prime example of you being the pocket watcher

I agree and disagree, a hot melody DEF has the potential to supersede everything but the lyrics/words still matter. Lyrics/words don’t have to be about technical bars and ****

Like even w the Pump x Ye record he was talking about, the edginess of the lyrics are definitely apart of the appeal for some ppl/kids

Then you can shift and talk about somebody like Drake or Ross or even 21. They might not always be doing the craziest flow or melody but they stay with quotables for their fans. Drake damn writes in IG captions sometimes. His fans can quote his one liners for days

So yeah I think it’s a lil of both still just in a different way

Why do people use this "it's about the melody and feeling now" like that just started. :lol:

Michael Jackson got a lot of songs where people didn't really know what he was saying but the melody was great. James Brown also. The 90's was full of R&B singers just ad-libing for half the record. Pac and DMX had a lot of "feeling" in their music.

They use that now to defend dudes not having much talent in writing songs and content.

Back
Top Bottom