Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Late contender for song of the year :pimp:

I can screw who I wanna screw, I came from nothin', I can never lose
Turned my dreams into reality, I thought that you'd be glad for me
I can't believe that you mad at me, damn, dawg, I'm proud of you
My life was garbage, too, but I did what I 'posed to do
And I went and bought the latest coupe, told my young ***** stay in school
But he ain't listen, now he got a .45 in the kitchen with a biscuit ready to flip it

Late contender for song of the year got the late contender for worst verse of the year

Interesting how that work

Late contender for song of the year :pimp:

I can screw who I wanna screw, I came from nothin', I can never lose
Turned my dreams into reality, I thought that you'd be glad for me
I can't believe that you mad at me, damn, dawg, I'm proud of you
My life was garbage, too, but I did what I 'posed to do
And I went and bought the latest coupe, told my young ***** stay in school
But he ain't listen, now he got a .45 in the kitchen with a biscuit ready to flip i
t

Song TOO hard :pimp:

Side note - seen that his mans got picked up for a robbery and body :smh: . That last line mad cautionary.

Please... not again with this Drake x Kanye x Pusha ****.

giphy.gif

"Finish" :lol::lol:. *****s master told him enough is enough & he wanna keep throwing shots at the dude who didn't disrespect your entire bloodline. The AUDACITY
I guess now J prince book tour over he dont give a **** no more, I'm good on all this, he had an willing opponent earlier this year and he threw in the towel. Dont want to see Drake beef with anybody for atleast a year

Brah I see Welven around town all the time. He always looks zooted and half the time he got on a wrist band like he just got discharged from a hospital. :lol:

I assumed he was talking about that dude but wasn't sure. Last time I was in Vegas he was mad dusty, walking around like he was looking for the **** :lol:

Damn all these Welven Da Great sightings talking bout he looking bad out chea :lol: ...sounds like all that partying and Vegas nightlife got eeeeeem :smh:

Rapper Troy Ave. is confident the rule of law will topple the code of the street he once lived by when he goes on trial Jan. 11 on attempted murder and gun possession charges.

“The streets are a myth,” he told the Daily News at a quiet restaurant in the Flatiron District, just blocks from the concert venue where he was shot twice and a childhood friend was killed in a May 2016 bloodbath. “All the ignorant ways we were taught, they’re not right.”

Troy Ave, born Roland Collins, said he stayed quiet when he was arrested following the violence at an Irving Plaza performance headlined by rapper TI, where he was shot twice and his friend Ronald McPhatter was killed.

According to the “Streets Is a Myth” performer, he also remained silent at NYU Langone Medical hospital while investigators found four guns in his car, including the murder weapon.
After sitting in jail for two months, he came to realize the people he once called his friends — whom Troy Ave said abandoned him and McPhatter when the violence began — were looking out for themselves and he needed to do the same thing.

“I didn’t tell everything that happened, I held up to the street code like an idiot,” Troy Ave claimed. “If I’d said in the hospital, ‘here’s what happened, here’s who shot me,’ (the case against him would) be over.”

Rapper Daryl Campbell, aka Taxstone, was arrested in connection with McPhatter’s killing in July 2017. Troy Ave said he was briefly in possession of the murder weapon because he took it away during the melee.

“You come from the ‘hood and you get a ‘hood mentality of things that don’t matter in real life,” he said. “They say ‘don’t talk to the cops.’ Alright, but if someone breaks into your house, you’re calling the cops. It’s a fact. You’re at a handicap. It’s usually unsuccessful people who will tell you that and you can’t take the advice of unsuccessful people if you want to become successful. Its all about perspective. People who have nothing to lose will tell you to do this, do that, do this that way — and you think wait a minute, (those advisors don’t) have s—t.”

Troy Ave said he thinks about his upcoming trial every day, but is confident he’ll beat the rap.

“If I was guilty I’d be scared as s—t. I’d have all the fear in the world, like ‘I’m caught! Now I need to make up lies to get out of this,’” the rapper said. “I told my lawyer, when he came to see me in the hospital, we don’t have to do anything but tell the truth. The truth gets us out of this.”

The rapper’s 2- and 3-year-old sons are too young to understand their dad’s situation, but he vows they won’t grow-up knowing life on the streets.

“F—k no!’ he said. “Why would they?”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-tory-ave-shooting-20181212-story.html

Back
Top Bottom