Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The list crazy for real. I remember being mad at Gucci for putting all these random ***** on his tapes, only to **** with them later :lol:.

He introduced mad ***** to a lot of people and gave em a shot.

i remember thinking thug was a drugged out meek mill first time i heard him :lol:

DJ Ghost reaction had me f’n with it (starts @ 3:45). I was hating at first. But deadlocs goes. Idk bout the other ****. But I **** with that joint :pimp:

I don't mean to be mean
Don't chase me, *****, chase your dreams
On the deadlocs!

Yeah, aight, how you ****** down
****** socked you out and you stopped comin' around
On the deadlocs

Its...just... different :pimp:

The list crazy for real. I remember being mad at Gucci for putting all these random ***** on his tapes, only to **** with them later :lol:.

And this is why I can’t even listen to Gucci like that anymore. He’s responsible for a lot of this trash.

Ain't understand why he was putting Peewee on tapes til this dropped :pimp:

That’s when it clicked for me too.

-I been juggin, I been making plays, In exclusive jays”

:pimp:

i remember thinking thug was a drugged out meek mill first time i heard him :lol:

Remember hearing Thug for the first time and not thinking anything of it. Then I went to AUC homecoming in like October 2013 and went to the Libra...stoner came on...and everybody was hitting the “nay nay” and I knew that was a hit. Was kinda surreal tbh :lol:

Why some of these same dudes tryna talk **** on him now?

Y’all won
F6819EFD-CA93-4BE7-867A-3A19CB2E6C09.png

no clue for real. Idk. Looks like some small minded ****. Mainly just Nudy, Scooter & Thug.

I don't think it's fair to attribute 21/Nudy to Gucci's tree

You can make the reach and say Metro put him on with Savage Mode who is a Gucci product but I first heard 21 summer 2015 with that tape he did with Sonny Digital

especially not Nudy tho that's solely Pierre

That’s when it clicked for me too.

-I been juggin, I been making plays, In exclusive jays”

:pimp:

Remember hearing Thug for the first time and not thinking anything of it. Then I went to AUC homecoming in like October 2013 and went to the Libra...stoner came on...and everybody was hitting the “nay nay” and I knew that was a hit. Was kinda surreal tbh :lol:

This whole era was magical man. How fast **** changed from 08-10 and that post A Milli/post Wayne type rapper/song then 10-12 the blog and Karmaloop era lol and then 13-15 was when Atlanta trap became the dominant zeitgeist of the game. It was crazy that we didn't realize how fast **** was moving and each year I feel **** kinda moves exponentially faster.

As I type this I think the rap game does actually move in two year phases and one artist/song/moment shifts the tides.

So where have we come since 16-18 and where is **** going for 18-20...

I sense a lot more tisakorean/blueface type artists where everyone is completely with their own style good or bad hopefully...post-Lil B rap game...eccentricity and HOW you do your **** will replace the traditional idea of lyricism and having to bar ****** up.

I know it's just me but I'm tired of seeing this ***** with the ukulele playing with every up and coming rapper now

Reactions: OTG
Back
Top Bottom