Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Everyone with a phone in their hand in the second video. Smh, Travis Jenner as lame as his fans

That **** is so lame/weird. Like, the show is cancelled. I get being mad, but what is standing outside banging on the doors going to do? You harassing them police like it's their fault the show is cancelled. Travis isn't going to come out of nowhere and get the show cracking just because y'all are outside whining about it being cancelled.

That **** is so lame/weird. Like, the show is cancelled. I get being mad, but what is standing outside banging on the doors going to do? You harassing them police like it's their fault the show is cancelled. Travis isn't going to come out of nowhere and get the show cracking just because y'all are outside whining about it being cancelled.

Thats whats so ridiculous about it lol

I saw another video and it’s just the whole crowd chanting “Let us in” x50 :rofl: privilege is amazing

^ion listen to cole
There was a point in 04-05 when alot of dudes was tryna be like Jay "getting their grown man on" and all that but I never listened to Wayne and thought he sounds like Jay or his flow was like Jay's. They're a lot different. Wayne definitely sounded like Santana though.

Lol

Arent you one of the guys that was referenced as having a credible hip hop opinion on NT in @a-mans (may not be his exact sn) efforts to **** on me a couple days ago?

But anyway, listen to this (aint no way you aint heard this before):

This was all black album Jay-Z dna

***** was rockin the s. Carter ree’s roun this time too. Lol

DzNm5o7U8AA09dD.jpg

Wayne and Juelz don’t sound alike man :lol:. Cut it out. Wayne was doing Hov covers and picked up all the early 00s Hov adlibs and inflections and ****

He was blatantly biting off Santana :lol:

^ion listen to cole

Lol

Arent you one of the guys that was referenced as having a credible hip hop opinion on NT in @a-mans (may not be his exact sn) efforts to **** on me a couple days ago?

But anyway, listen to this (aint no way you aint heard this before):

This was all black album Jay-Z dna

***** was rockin the s. Carter ree’s roun this time too. Lol

I've heard all his old **** and he never sounded like Jay TO ME. :lol:

If he didn't say that "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" people woulda never compared him to Jay. He forced that comparison.

He was blatantly biting off Santana :lol:

I've heard all his old **** and he never sounded like Jay TO ME. :lol:

If he didn't say that "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" people woulda never compared him to Jay. He forced that comparison.

YOU the only one, man :lol:. ***** was saying Wayne was rapping like Hov during the prefix/suffix days. And that’s before he came out with the “best rapper alive” comparisons. Again, he was doing literal Hov covers in 02, 03, 04. He didn’t start saying that best rapper alive ***** until bring it back. And the rapping like Hov **** was before that.

Wayne and Juelz SOUND nothing alike. They operated in the same space image wise...but from a flow, rapping level. Hell no.

I heard this idea last year or so, I forgot from where. But why are the Grammys still as big as it is? With rap being the number one genre now, why don’t all these people skip the Grammys and make the BET awards the new Grammys? Or even make a whole new award show. Makes no sense to keep running to a place that’s so out of touch for validation from people who don’t matter. If all those black artists just came together and said **** em, I bet some **** would be different.
For some odd reason we continue to ask ourselves these questions, but nothing comes from them.

Sheck Wes look like he got a 40 inch vertical,

I bet son got a old 247 profile out there somewhere. Can't tell me he ain't hoop.

He definitely wss one of those nyc HS hoop _’s, that’s pretty much the entirety of his branding: a hooper from the projects of Harlem that also models and is very much aligned with the “cool” nyc tumblr type hipster crowd :lol:

He’s had an in up there at Nike for a couple years now too

E515F266-4611-4AE3-84AC-F1ECB4E576CF.jpeg

I don’t think so. He just cooks up. Being instrumentally sound also helps. He nice af with classical musical instruments as a foundation. As well as just having an ear. The man really a genius.

True, that's what I'm thinking as well

You should watch him work his magic on YouTube

That man is blessed

Word zay is nice..I've watched a couple of his videos before ..im just at work listening to beast mode 1&2 and it hit me that I've never heard him use a sample before

Back
Top Bottom