Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Both legends but Tim got more classic albums to his name.

Pharrell's production spans across a lot of genres, Timbo is a little more in his same pocket (not bad), but Pharrell really gave us Grindin’ and Nothin’ in that same time frame

I never seeked out a G-Eazy song. But he be giving dudes a shot. It’s something to be said about using his privilege to reach back an grab Neph The Pharo, put Yo Gotti & YG om tour as headliners. Grab Juvie, Raekwon, All Black, Nipsey, OMB Peezy, E-40, Too Short, Nahmir, Blockboy JB, and Blac Youngsta.

It would be real easy for him to do songs with whoever tf “Halsey” is...or Skylar grey 5000 times lol. But he’s in tune....waaaay more than your favorite white rappers.

Pharrell's production spans across a lot of genres, Timbo is a little more in his same pocket (not bad), but Pharrell really gave us Grindin’ and Nothin’ in that same time frame
Tim changed the sound of R&B, Hip Hop and pop. His work with Devante late in Jodeci's run. Then Aaliyah and Genuwine's albums took R&B somewhere else. Missy's debut was big. His work with Jay in the late 90's. Then reinventing Justin and Nelly Furtado. Tim and Pharell have made similar impacts but Tim just got more under his name and the Neptune's are a duo.

I never seeked out a G-Eazy song. But he be giving dudes a shot. It’s something to be said about using his privilege to reach back an grab Neph The Pharo, put Yo Gotti & YG om tour as headliners. Grab Juvie, Raekwon, All Black, Nipsey, OMB Peezy, E-40, Too Short, Nahmir, Blockboy JB, and Blac Youngsta.

It would be real easy for him to do songs with whoever tf “Halsey” is...or Skylar grey 5000 times lol. But he’s in tune....waaaay more than your favorite white rappers.

That’s a good point, he still wack as ****. His lyrics trash and his flows generic as ****. He’s basically a tall Macklemore sprinkled with Logic.

Timbaland >>> Neptunes and it’s not even close in my book

Back
Top Bottom