Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Scrapped those albums just to sell a handful more copies than Blankface. Crash Talk was a mess. Oxymoron was a much better version of what he was trying to do on Crash Talk. A fresh sound with some nice singles.
Really disappointed man, Blankface was a masterpiece but this isn't it. He's too talented to have released this as a finished album. No cohesion, singles are barely hitting.

Damn shame because I always thought of him as one of the best and most original rappers out.

Meg the Stallion joint is decent. Shawty definitely needed more features on this album because it felt like one long track with just her lyrics. Didn't help that every beat sounded the same. Could see this being bumped out the whip by people that are into "thot rap".

Meg the Stallion joint is decent. Shawty definitely needed more features on this album because it felt like one long track with just her lyrics. Didn't help that every beat sounded the same. Could see this being bumped out the whip by people that are into "thot rap".

I feel the same way. I acknowledge I'm not in the group of listeners this album is meant for but there's nothing here that's even catchy, but it's also not terrible.

Listening to this Khaled and the Ms. Jackson sample just started and it pissed me off instantly. This better not be trash

I hate this "Just Us" song, it's not bad I just don't understand the desire/need to use that sample

Don't think I've ever listened to a full project from DJ Khaled lol. Had to skip over that and go str8 for this "Grand Turismo" joint by Currensy & Stat.
Jadakiss has a nice verse on "Clear part 2"

I listened to a good portion of the Khaled album and man...all these albums sound the same.

And the use of samples. Didn't even flip them joints or put a new spin to them, straight sampled **** on back to back tracks.:stoneface: :sick:
Listening to this Khaled and the Ms. Jackson sample just started and it pissed me off instantly. This better not be trash
It's the exact same beat...other than them dropping everything but the bass a couple of times...every little detail I remember about Ms Jackson and Señorita is there.:smh:

Last edited:
Sounds like a year and some change he barely gon serve. Dude too important for his label to go out like that

Don't you think his priors are going to have an effect on this tho?
Seems like the fact that he's always in something he's gotta get a medium sized book thrown at em

Khaled’s albums have been booty after the one that had “Go Hard” on there. Now it’s like he tries forced epics for every single song and hopes some catches on. Top Off was terrible. Don’t know how that was a top 25 charting song and I heard it less than Timmy Turner.

Anyway, never knew there was a version of this song with the GOAT NOE on here :smokin :smokin

This Ciara album is for late 20s to late 30s moms who want to dance like they young but not feel thot-ish
It's honestly not bad lol

Scrapped those albums just to sell a handful more copies than Blankface. Crash Talk was a mess. Oxymoron was a much better version of what he was trying to do on Crash Talk. A fresh sound with some nice singles.

boy got too into golf lol

anyone mess with larry june?
dude got a new ep with Lex Luger (hello 2010)
not bad

Back
Top Bottom