Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Eh, I’d say it just SEEMS like it gets more of the blame because it’s the most popular genre now. I’m pretty sure all, if not most, of these genres were considered “rebellious” at some point in time and received tons of scrutiny for subject matter.

Example. Here’s the “Filthy 15” from those PRMC senate hearings in the mid 80’s (A Prince song is the one that didn’t make the crop).
F5CCC311-8E7D-4860-A47F-4D7809BFFC27.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Music_Resource_Center

Sugar Walls :smokin

(Written and produced by Prince)

This was weird, this is basically Pac’s song but when he put this out, Pac’s version wasn’t officially released. So I wonder how they went about clearing it and putting it on the album. Never really seen the story behind this and I remember C’s manager saying C didn’t like this album cause P wanted him to sound like Pac on it.

Ride On Dem Bustas hard as nails though

This was weird, this is basically Pac’s song but when he put this out, Pac’s version wasn’t officially released. So I wonder how they went about clearing it and putting it on the album. Never really seen the story behind this and I remember C’s manager saying C didn’t like this album cause P wanted him to sound like Pac on it.

Ride On Dem Bustas hard as nails though
The whole South was influenced by Pac. All them had Pac tribute records and imitated his style. P was a big Pac biter, C was better at it though. Pac's influence is all over Life Or Death.

What happened to the Pac sound alike P signed? :lol:

The whole South was influenced by Pac. All them had Pac tribute records and using imitated his style. P was a big Pac biter, C was better at it though. Pac's influence is all over Life Or Death.

What happened to the Pac would alike P signed? :lol:

Krazy, hahahaha. I’ve seen him on IG. He still hang with P. Breather Life had a few songs. The Truth, Thugged Out and I Know

Grine Grine would know best

Jay z only allowing his music on tidal gonna make future generations not care about him anymore lol.

With that said it’s been 10 years blueprint 3 came out....

why is it a bad thing when we do it
but movies been doing it since forever
but nobody complaining

A better example for what you’re trying to say is video games. Like others have said, people do complain and if it isn’t as vocal that’s probably because most films are firmly rooted in fiction (secret agent type ****) or a story where it’s easy to see who’s bad and good. I can’t rememver a movie where the protagonist ur supposed to root for is bigoted or a rapist or something. It’s fantasy from the jump while music is different...dude who’s rapping to you was really on that at one time or so he makes you believe which is a whole nother problem...

Video games where you sit for hours being borderline racist and shoot **** up are as influential to “non urban” culture as Youngboy and whoever are as influential to urban culture and every week there’s a school shooting.

capitalism ****ed us up by not allowing us to see where we are actually really going as long as we are making a dollar in the current term...

All that **** is very very bad for an impressionable kid and it only gets worse with each expansion of media capabilities each generation since the starting point of the 80’s has had...

But sole responsibility isn’t on music or video games Or movies. ****** minds are ****ed for a lot of reasons

Krazy, hahahaha. I’ve seen him on IG. He still hang with P. Breather Life had a few songs. The Truth, Thugged Out and I Know

Grine Grine would know best

His name used to be Crazy on Ruff Rider sub label.

Yeah he dropped another project I think under P’s associate label. I remember when him and Soulja Slim was beefing. :lol:

Anyhow, he’s not imitating PAC. That’s how dude really talk. :lol:. The way his voice
sounds.

He was around before Master P signed him. But when PAC passed, everybody wanted to have someone with that voice. So P pushed him to use PAC lingo in a way for sales of records. I think it backfired on him. He got a lot of back lash for it.

If he’s still with P, he must be just as loyal as Mr. Magic was to the tank.

Slim diss track

His first project slap...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom