Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Pretty sure you misread that. Not it's bad he "brought that singing and rapping ****", but the fact that he thinks he brought that in the first place. You can't bring something to the game that was prevalent before he even read his first Degrassi script.

oh wow this nonsense again :rofl:

lemme guess NELLY :rofl:

JA RULE :rofl:

LOL

Since the topic is here.... i don't think there's EVER been a more fraudulent dude in hiphop history & i'm 100% serious about that from the ghost writing, to the accents, to the stories.. bruh is Raps Mr potato head

:lol: if anything he's one of the most authentic, and lives his raps
Never cap about money , homes, jewelry or cars he doesn't have
Doesn't rap about drugs that he's not moving or people he's not actually killing.

Everyone else raps about being rich as hell with Bugattis, lambos and wraiths that I never see or they never own.
Everyone else raps about quarter million dollar chains but barely have a million dollar advance.

Dudes are Pablo Escobar with Kilos coming overseas, but are broke getting bent by labels :lol:

I’m talking about breh saying he thought Mims was poised to takeover NY.

I know the song was hot when it dropped.

In New York?

Nah

New York didn't claim him like that, because they pigeon holed him just like the rest of the country. Because he wasn't doing boom bap, at least with that first single. I thought his album was decent and he wasn't a terrible rapper, but he was sort of mocking rap with that first song. How do you take that?

He didn't come up the typical New York way, from mixtapes. I was confused, because he came out of nowhere. It was like some industry plant type stuff. He went from not being known to having a number one song. No Kay Slay, Clue, Puff or Rocafella backing, no crew, just from nothing to being everywhere.

Next he was from Washington Heights, but he was black. I wasn't sure if he was Dominican or black. Maybe if he was from Harlem or even LES he would have gotten more support locally.

That "Mims, Walk it Out, Pop, Lock and Drop it, Party like a Rockstar, Hurricane Chris, Crank That, Sean Kingston era was a dark period for "hip-hop". Ringtone hit era. So much putrid product. This was back at the end of BET's relevance, music videos were on television and the radio sort of mattered. Difficult to escape it if you wanted to stay current. Don't know how I made it through.

Compared to that we're in a golden age. I'll never complain about the hip-hop that's out now.

We know for a FACT
That "Mims, Walk it Out, Pop, Lock and Drop it, Party like a Rockstar, Hurricane Chris, Crank That, Sean Kingston era was a dark period for "hip-hop". Ringtone hit era. So much putrid product. This was back at the end of BET's relevance, music videos were on television and the radio sort of mattered. Difficult to escape it if you wanted to stay current. Don't know how I made it through.

Compared to that we're in a golden age. I'll never complain about the hip-hop that's out now.

Nah. That ringtone era stuff was prelude to social media rap. That’s EXACTLY what created the famous dex’s and Trippie Redds of the world.
Luckily I wasn’t on that.

Jeezy was dropping music, TI, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, Common, Mos Def, Boosie and Webbie, etc. people chose to listen to ringtone rap.

Same way they choose what to listen to now.

I did not make it through this era. My last major music radio usage was when I was in a trade school in AZ back in 07/08. Snoop's - Sexual Eruption was the craze.

I remember this was around the time BET realized what type of content was being shown, so they put out that 'Hot Ghetto Mess' show, which only further shined the spotlight on garbage they were trying to steer away from. Don't know what they were thinking with that.

And that was most def a horrendous era for rap as far as a lot of singles go.

SiriusXM was at its best this time period. Unheard of artists who are huge now first platform.

Back
Top Bottom