Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Ok, aka you can't address any of the other points. Got it.

For the record, she smoked everyone with her verse on Motorsport including Nicki off delivery alone.
I already addressed it. We just disagree. I ain't bout to go keep going back and forth with a _ that thinks Cardi B has a great delivery. :lol: So yeah you won.

No difference in skill between these girls

All the same. :lol:

Joined May 15, 2003
There is more variety and music available than any point in history. All of it is easily discoverable to anyone, in fact Tidal and Spotify automatically suggest songs that are similar and start playing it. I listen to Cole, and Tidal took me to JID, then took me to West Coast Boogie, then KRIT. All of these artists I would never hear through the radio or "gatekeepers". People are just playing what they want.

I disagree, because most people don't dig for music. They listen to what's played by peers or what's popular and are in their own bubble.

Look how people up here how are probably more knowledgeable and aware than the average person are still being put on to music. People are still getting in to Griselda.

also the 90's was far more diverse, because being similar was shunned. If you were number two you had to prove yourself and earn it. Fab who never even really sounded like Mase to me got that. Now compare that to how many people sound alike now. You weren't getting record deals if you were like someone else. You've heard the stories of rappers being turned down, because they sounded like _____?

Joined May 23, 2005
I already addressed it. We just disagree. I ain't bout to go keep going back and forth with a _ that thinks Cardi B has a great delivery. :lol: So yeah you won.

No difference in skill between these girls

All the same. :lol:
hardcore still bangs
gotta bump it low when im in the car
on certain songs
but still bangs

$tacy

formerly willchamberlain
Joined Nov 24, 2012
Ok, aka you can't address any of the other points. Got it.

For the record, she smoked everyone with her verse on Motorsport including Nicki off delivery alone.
This is facts, she had the most memorable and stand out verse. I agree wit u on this debate tho, Kim was no different, except BIG wrote her raps and gave her the flow and cardi has a team. These *****es sell us sex they the look and rhymes that are penned by others.

Joined Aug 7, 2012
I disagree, because most people don't dig for music. They listen to what's played by peers or what's popular and are in their own bubble.

Look how people up here how are probably more knowledgeable and aware than the average person are still being put on to music. People are still getting in to Griselda.

also the 90's was far more diverse, because being similar was shunned. If you were number two you had to prove yourself and earn it. Fab who never even really sounded like Mase to me got that. Now compare that to how many people sound alike now. You weren't getting record deals if you were like someone else. You've heard the stories of rappers being turned down, because they sounded like _____?
I think you're proving my point in a sense. The fact that off of a forum post I can immediately stream Griselda's catalog and check out their music for free allows me to discover artists that I would have to pay $14 each to digest. People will always play what's popular, but now we have more opinions on the table than 2 or 3 radio stations DJs. I've discovered music from someone playing it on IG or in the background on YouTube. You might get put on to a song by a curator that you follow on Twitter, or a podcast. So many artists get discovered on SoundCloud everyday that radio completely avoided. Even a prolific artist like the Weeknd put out multiple projects before mainstream radio and millions of people checked it out via a blog post.

There are far more avenues to find artists.

Joined May 15, 2003
I think you're proving my point in a sense. The fact that off of a forum post I can immediately stream Griselda's catalog and check out their music for free allows me to discover artists that I would have to pay $14 each to digest. People will always play what's popular, but now we have more opinions on the table than 2 or 3 radio stations DJs. I've discovered music from someone playing it on IG or in the background on YouTube. You might get put on to a song by a curator that you follow on Twitter, or a podcast. So many artists get discovered on SoundCloud everyday that radio completely avoided. Even a prolific artist like the Weeknd put out multiple projects before mainstream radio and millions of people checked it out via a blog post.

There are far more avenues to find artists.
No, I'm not proving your point

and already answered what you said.

What's the percentage of people who come in the music section versus on NT? I'd say it's easily less than 10%, because it's mostly the same ones interacting with each other. We're the ones more likely to be in to new music.

You have people who are still finally listening to Griselda in this section. They've been with Shady for two years. So that's four or five years after they've become pretty popular on the underground scene.

And artist starting small before gaining popularity is nothing new and distinct for just today. Music has always been like that. You think The Beatles just popped up performing in front of 20,000 people? The only difference is how music is consumed.

Last edited:
Joined Jun 1, 2011
90’s was waaaaaay more diverse musically. New beats and styles were dropping all the time. Even the way the sound changed from the early to late 90’s. There are WAY MORE ARTISTS now but 90’s had diversity on lock.
Pre-06 in general was full of that.

Cardi is ALL DELIVERY. Literally nothing else
Pretty much. Despite the fact that she's very rehearsed in her rhymes and has a ton of handlers, she delivers her rhymes with 1000% confidence and you can't take that away from her. I thought her album was very well put together around that time. This new single though (Press?)....wow...it is awful.

Joined Sep 21, 2008
My N, she off beat and mispronouncing words. She sounds like she could be deaf.
Has nothing to do with her conviction or confidence in what she's saying. That broad believes everything that comes out her mouth and that's why these thots FEEL IT. When she raps she literally got these **** in a trance

$tacy

formerly willchamberlain
Joined Nov 24, 2012
Why Glock bussing dolph windows out on ig tho :smh: what type of games these *****s be playing

Joined May 15, 2003
Has nothing to do with her conviction or confidence in what she's saying. That broad believes everything that comes out her mouth and that's why these thots FEEL IT. When she raps she literally got these **** in a trance
I don't think it has anything to do with her confidence or conviction, it's because of her online persona and honesty.

She built a brand before she ever picked up a microphone.

Joined Jan 2, 2010
I don't think it has anything to do with her confidence or conviction, it's because of her online persona and honesty.

She built a brand before she ever picked up a microphone.
Dudes are confusing having a good rapping delivery with her persona. Let some random chick spit those exact bars with the same struggle flow she has nobody would care. Cardi has a entire team helping her get through verses cuz her and her label know rapping ain't that much of a talent for her. Her accent is super heavy and how she says certain words it's not a smoove flow to it. Listen to one of Megan's freestyles then listen to a Cardi song where she got people coaching her and she's able to punch in and out. Her flow is terrible compared to other females.

Joined Sep 21, 2008
Shouldn't have to go to certain lengths to discredit someone, especially someone who lacks in 9/10 areas when it comes to rapping.

Shorty delivery is fire, online persona/brand or whatever you want to use as the "reason" has nothing to do with it.

Joseline Hernandez had a huge online persona BEFORE Cardi and her delivery ****ing sucks. Straight garbage rapper that never popped at all

Y'all can say whatever y'all want about Cardi but her delivery is one of the best in the game right now.

We can give Offset and her handlers a bunch of credit that's fine because his delivery is top notch as well.

Joined May 15, 2003
Shouldn't have to go to certain lengths to discredit someone, especially someone who lacks in 9/10 areas when it comes to rapping.

Shorty delivery is fire, online persona/brand or whatever you want to use as the "reason" has nothing to do with it.

Joseline Hernandez had a huge online persona BEFORE Cardi and her delivery ****ing sucks. Straight garbage rapper that never popped at all

Y'all can say whatever y'all want about Cardi but her delivery is one of the best in the game right now.

We can give Offset and her handlers a bunch of credit that's fine because his delivery is top notch as well.
This is a hell of a reach.

Joseline Hernandez? Stevie J's chick? What online persona did she have? She was a character on TV. Who popped off on L&HH? Cardi B was so big from instagram, so they got her L&HH.

I was seeing chicks reposting Cardi B's vids when she was still in Sue's. I never saw chicks reposting Joseline.

Also a lot of success in rap music is about timing.

Her delivery isn't fire and isn't much different than a lot of other female rappers.

Who the hell says Cardi B has the best flow?

Last edited:
Top Bottom