Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

"I’ve worked with a bunch of artists already," he told the publication. "I don’t want to give up the goods on too many. Lil Baby. I’m a big Lil Baby fan. So it was a swap type of thing. You send me a song, I send… that type of thing. But actually he demanded that he work with me. That’s a new thing these days. Back in the days when I was doing it, there was no such thing as you send me your song. You had to be in the studio with that person. He demanded that. So I respected that. We got to do the session together. We was out here in New York, not long ago. Probably a month ago. It was him, I and Big Sean."

The goat recognizes a young prodigy :pimp:
Funeral gone be flames

Sounds like Wayne. Who’s meandered between being a crip, blood, skateboarder, punk rocker, college graduate, etc.

Shot himself.......... accidentally

Lastly, he’s “never experienced racism” :lol: :rofl:

He shot himself because he was depressed over not being able to rap :rofl:

Game or Bow Wow must have suggested that to him.

He's Tekeshi69 with Maya Angelou quotes.

DC1AC5ED-8C9D-4E2A-9FEB-281C1807D6E3.gif

Y’all mf gotta chill lmao

Sounds like Wayne. Who’s meandered between being a crip, blood, skateboarder, punk rocker, college graduate, etc.

Shot himself.......... accidentally

Lastly, he’s “never experienced racism” :lol: :rofl:

When you see all of the identity crises this *****’s suffered from listed out next to one another... fam. :lol:

This is some of y’alls goat for real huh :lol: :smh:

Bruh stop being ***** and say what you gotta say. *****s get banned everyday, b. You tough. You got back up screen names right? You’ll be alright :lol:

IP ban is next for me. My backup names got banned. You don’t remember at one point all my posts had to get reviewed before getting posted? My posts were clearing 7-10 hours after I posted them.

And as your OG, don’t talk to me like that again. Next time I won’t let it slide.

IP ban is next for me. My backup names got banned. You don’t remember at one point all my posts had to get reviewed before getting posted? My posts were clearing 7-10 hours after I posted them.

And as your OG, don’t talk to me like that again. Next time I won’t let it slide.

Oh yeah. I remember that.

But **** all that, get a new VPN. Stop being ***** bro. :lol:

I've heard people call Pac overrated since I was in high school, that's not a new thought
Of course not. That's an argument that people have had for years.

This new trend of it coming up so often is about the newer generation telling us how they feel though...which is cool. It's just pretty clear where it's coming from. I think Pac's cultural impact is immeasurable, and he's a bit above average as a technical rapper. I don't even consider whether he's overrated or underrated because Pac and his movement felt bigger than just a rapper rapping at the time.

Of course not. That's an argument that people have had for years.

This new trend of it coming up so often is about the newer generation telling us how they feel though...which is cool. It's just pretty clear where it's coming from. I think Pac's cultural impact is immeasurable, and he's a bit above average as a technical rapper. I don't even consider whether he's overrated or underrated because Pac and his movement felt bigger than just a rapper rapping at the time.
This is what I don't get. Why someone's age matter if they still recognize the greatness of older rappers?

I miss music videos. Used to love coming home from school for Rap City. Without youtube, you just had to get lucky and hope they played your video :lol:

Or you had it recorded on VHS somewhere. Then the P2P software started coming out and you could download videos.

This is what I don't get. Why someone's age matter if they still recognize the greatness of older rappers?
I don’t think age really matters. My point is only that the discussion around Pac being overrated is a different conversation when it’s the new generation carrying the torch.

Pac being overrated is definitely not a new concept...I just take most of what the new generation says with a grain of salt because it always comes off as taking a strong stance against a common belief...especially when it comes to ranking and rating then

Last edited:
I miss music videos. Used to love coming home from school for Rap City. Without youtube, you just had to get lucky and hope they played your video :lol:

Or you had it recorded on VHS somewhere. Then the P2P software started coming out and you could download videos.

Ay do y’all _’s remember The Box?

It came on a random non cable channel (we ain’t have cable so my TV stayed on that and UPN 24/7 :lol:)

But basically you called a number and paid a lil fee like $2 or something and they played whatever video you wanted, **** was so hard man

**** had a real influence on me cause it introduced me to soooo much different music from across the country as a young _, it could be some pop **** like Britney Spears first song/video on then immediately go to a regional hit like this

Only thing is I was young as hell so I ain’t have money to request nothing lol then MTV Jams bought it out :rolleyes :smh:

Back
Top Bottom