Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

at the end of the day ppl need to ask why a lot more. why did they do what they did in regards to blackballing kaep and why do they support trump? why did they try to make the narrative about the military and why did they not genuinely listen to kaep and others given that most of the league is black and a lot of if not most of their target audience is black?
why did this deal with jay and roc nation go down?
why are most of the acts that perform at the superbowl rock/pop acts of white/non black/racially ambiguous ppl?
why did they not really reach out for black acts (real r and b and real rap) until recently???

the short answer is because they are white supremacists that don't respect us as ppl. they respect the dollar and what we can do for them financially. period.
that's the problem that I and others have.

we are people and they're still treating us like property. especially the owners in regards to the players.

1) They blackballed Kaep and support Trump because the NFL owners are capitalists and see the world mostly in dollars and cents. A majority of their audience is the caucasian demographic, as there are proportionally more white people in the US. Kaep taking the knee upset their key demographic, as white people are uncomfortable when it comes to dealing with racial inequalities that exist in America. Kaep got blackballed so as to ensure that their outcome was still income.

2) Because it was easier to paint Kaep as unpatriotic in America’s current climate. Actually listening and standing against police brutality would have required actual work being done on their part. The mentality, without a doubt, is that the players work for the nfl, the nfl doesn’t work for the players. A group of people more concerned with making money is more likely to simply run with a false narrative, and rely on the naivety of their target audience to eliminate one trouble maker from the equation. The military veterans who told Kaep that taking the knee was the patriotic way to protest were ignored by the masses because it’s easier to do so.

3) Because the nfl did not count on the backlash they received from the African American community to have lasted as long as it did. Rather than continue to turn a blind eye, the smart thing to do is to concede to the initial point that Kaep attempted to make, and try to stand on the right side of history. They ultimately don’t care about social justice reform, they care about money. So if they stand a chance to make money, they’ll leap at the opportunity. What greater way to ensure that they regain favor in the black community than to partner with Jay Z in his social justice endeavors? The nfl gets their black viewership back, Jay’s social justice initiatives get more exposure, Hov makes more money and ultimately puts more people from the culture in position to win. He told y’all ****** in 04 that he’s a business, man. Y’all know what he’s on.

4) Because like most of America, the nfl is not prepared to acknowledge that Hip Hop is the most massively consumed music in the current day. So, they continue to cater to older trains of thought that suggest that pop acts like Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift are responsible for what’s considered as popular music .

5) This just isn’t true. A quick Google search of past Super Bowl halftime performers since 2000 shows that we’ve seen the likes of Prince, Janet Jackson, Nelly, Beyoncé, Cee Lo, Missy, Lenny Kravitz, Nicki Minaj, etc.

I won’t deny that some/all nfl owners are white supremacist. But I’d argue that they care a lot more about money than they do protecting their racism.

I’m not mad at Hov. If he’s shown anything over the years, it’s that he cares about the Black community. He makes money along the way through his business acumen, but since when has that been something to throw shade at? If you’re good at something, never do it for free.

And if we’re keeping it a bean, a lot of the owners of these large corporations quietly harbor racist sentiments but they keep it to themselves so that their business isn’t affected.

You smart.

Infiltrate the system and make it work for you and yours. Mix the Martin with the Malcolm and get to the money.

“Financial freedom our only hope”

Swag surfing never went anywhere it’s always played at the functions

After they play the hook and bring in Weezy verse >>>>>>

Wayne on Swag Surfin is one of his only listenable tracks.

#MuteWeezy

The thing is though if you've heard one Wayne verse from an era you've damn near heard 70-80% of them (From that era) lol.

I don't get how ****** be like I like this song only from him...odds are all his tracks from that year sound like that :lol:

looking back 09-11 Wayne was underappreciated compared to **** like his MMVI verse.

Wayne About Nothing Thread

The thing is though if you've heard one Wayne verse from an era you've damn near heard 70-80% of them (From that era) lol.

I don't get how *****s be like I like this song only from him...odds are all his tracks from that year sound like that :lol:

looking back 09-11 Wayne was underappreciated compared to **** like his MMVI verse.

Wayne About Nothing Thread
chill
he killed that run this town
and throw it in the bag remix freestyle
and that hustle hard remix

It's 3 different videos with the same black background with the holes/light shining thru...the quando one featuring the pac sample so likely an intentional homage

i wanna know where the set is located

what dont u get lol

I said it was one of his only listenable songs though. :lol:

I listened to No Ceilings. It’s his only good project.

anyone been to the nas tour past few weeks
im going tomorrow
just wanna know what i should prepare myself for
will he be drunk and forget his lyrics
or be engaged during his set

Back
Top Bottom