Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Don Q ain't it for me either. Neither is Dave East. They both feel like generic versions of artists we've had before, nothing about their music really rings off.

Curious to see the next wave that comes out of here.

Gotta agree with this one...

Don Q ain’t it b. Dave East is meh.

dave was never NICE fr but the fact that he was from NY and was actually rapping, albeit on a somewhat mediocre level, was enough for NY to crown him "the next one".

he benefited bc the bar for lyricism has been so low lately.

thing is tho, as time progresses, his music and image leans more and more toward these youngins.

I mean he does have a point. Who from Buffalo that we know in the past 20 years??? - GG just hit the scene...

Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly :lol:

dave was never NICE fr but the fact that he was from NY and was actually rapping, albeit on a somewhat mediocre level, was enough for NY to crown him "the next one".

he benefited bc the bar for lyricism has been so low lately.

thing is tho, as time progresses, his music and image leans more and more toward these youngins.

Nas thinks he's nice though

Which is crazy to me how dudes will say someone is meh, when other rappers think they can rap.

You think Styles would do a project with someone he didn't think highly of?

_'s don't know who they want to like til they have a big following. :lol:

Cas is lacking of talent just like a lot _'s y'all post in here. He's good for a couple bangers just like just like a lot of dudes y'all swear have some real deep deep talent.

Dave East can rap his *** off but y'all got some weird jealousy thing with him cuz broads like him. :lol:

ASAP mob the best thing you guys have produced in a decade. .

IMG_4326-750x474.jpg

Which is crazy to me how dudes will say someone is meh, when other rappers think they can rap.

Dave did more than keep up with styles but he’s meh

:smh:

You don't keep that same energy when it comes to other rappers who get co signs.

Not that it matters, I don't give a **** about other rappers opinions. Only the music matters, and Dave East's projects have been nothing to talk about IMO.

You don't keep that same energy when it comes to other rappers who get co signs.

Not that it matters, I don't give a **** about other rappers opinions. Only the music matters, and Dave East's projects have been nothing to talk about IMO.

I can say J Cole and Banks can rap, but I will also say they're boring. I can say artist aren't for me.

You dudes **** on dudes who can rap. It's that whole either everything is garbage or the greatest thing culture we have now.

as a rapper, what does dave east do well tho?

i dont hear anything exceptional bout dude style. energy, flow, song writing, nothing.

dude benefits from the current climate. anyone thats not kickin melodies is a rap god. *shrugs*

i dont hear anything exceptional bout dude style. energy, flow, nothing.

dude benefits from the current climate. anyone thats not kickin melodies is a rap god. *shrugs*

He probably just ain't for you dawg. :lol:

Kairi Chanel, Paronia 2, The Beloved joint with him SP are all great projects. His delivery, bars are dope and he's a good storyteller.

Lil Baby is better than Cassanova :emoji_wink:

You really think I'm talking about him all the time. :lol:

It's a lot of _'s out now lacking talent and just doing what's trendy. He ain't the only one.

Those maybe the case, but there’s nothing exceptional about him. :lol:

I don't think anybody has said Dave East is some all time exceptional rapper though. :lol:

It just seems to be this push back when some us like a dude that's putting effort into his lyrics and substance. Like people feel the need to say "Ah man ain't he THAT great!".

Ok. :lol:

Would styles have done a tape with Turncoat69?

_'s don't know who they want to like til they have a big following. :lol:

Cas is lacking of talent just like a lot _'s y'all post in here. He's good for a couple bangers just like just like a lot of dudes y'all swear have some real deep deep talent.

Dave East can rap his *** off but y'all got some weird jealousy thing with him cuz broads like him. :lol:

IMG_4326-750x474.jpg

Bingo!!! Dave lyrics mediocre, then what are Turncoat69 or Pop smoke lyrics??? What’s below mediocre, lol. Now NY got that lil dread headed dude with braces. I forgot his name. :lol: :rofl: he’s just as trash.

Now, Neek Bucks is cool too! But NY don’t promote him. He can spit.

Would styles have done a tape with Turncoat69?

Grimey stay using 69 as a example :lol: but 69 really was a experiment on hip hop fans.

Everybody with sense knew he was fake and phony yet it was still dudes typing paragraphs to defend him and all of ya'll that was saying "but his music bang" are ya'll still bumping his ****? Cuz I ain't seen no 69 appreciation in here. Dude really vanished. If people really f'ed with him music that hard they should still be bumping now if all that mattered with him was the music.

Seem like people just ran to the circus. He was a clown and people was drawn to it. Now the circus is over and we see nobody really f'ed with dudes his music like that.

i dont hear anything exceptional bout dude style. energy, flow, song writing, nothing.

How can Dave benefit from the current climate, of his calling card is being lyrical and actually trying to pen street tales or just, smooth songs. He ain’t trying to make strictly club or stripper music.

He’s nothing like todays rappers as far as song making. He can get into that mode (he’s got a song with Gunna). But his style is more 90s and 2000s.

Back
Top Bottom