Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dave gotta be exceptional while dudes out here riding waves.

There really must be two sides

You just said a MOUTHFUL bruh. Dave gotta he held to some mystical standard when majority of these cats just throwing s**** to the ceiling. Hoping it stick.

OJ the Juiceman better than 80% of these new rappers.... and people use to clown his freestyles. How ironic

Grimey stay using 69 as a example :lol: but 69 really was a experiment on hip hop fans.

Everybody with sense knew he was fake and phony yet it was still dudes typing paragraphs to defend him and all of ya'll that was saying "but his music bang" are ya'll still bumping his ****? Cuz I ain't seen no 69 appreciation in here. Dude really vanished. If people really f'ed with him music that hard they should still be bumping now if all that mattered with him was the music.

Seem like people just ran to the circus. He was a clown and people was drawn to it. Now the circus is over and we see nobody really f'ed with dudes his music like that.

Buddy real deal was a social experiment bruh. Proved that people are followers and co-sign stuff, just not to be considered a hater.

You got Fat Joe saying he’d never take a picture or be in the same public space as dude. BUT ALPO MARTINEZ IS WALKING SCOTT FREE IN NYC :lol: :lol:

No witness protection

for the last time i wish ya'll would realize that not everyone is trying to be in the same lane... just because an artist isn't popping in a certain circle or in the club doesn't mean that they aren't relevant/ nobody's checking for their music.

Do you realize everyone from that era is either dead or in jail or on dope?

Cam'ron made Alpo a cult like figure with his performance in Paid In Full for people under the age of 30.

These young ****** really don't care that much

Po not moving in circles where he knows someone will seek revenge for the **** he's done in the 80's

Dude is literally pulling up on fans and taking pictures knowing it's gonna ruffle feather's WITH armed security at all times.

He's not out and about in DC where he did ****** really filthy and he's hated on a whole other level.

Rumor is he dropped two people already and is on the run again.

You'll never see me comment on street politics in another state like I know what the **** I'm talking about :lol:

Those maybe the case, but there’s nothing exceptional about him. :lol:

this can be said about 90% of the rap game these days, but somehow it's East & Don Q who get these critique's for not being "exceptional"

Point blank East makes good music overall, and has been pretty consistent for a 5 year run. What he's best at doesn't translate to being "HOT" in this new climate... either way as long as Def Jam doesn't have him out here chasing that 13-20 demo i'm completely fine with that. Just keep delivering the music he's been doing

Who said Dave got to be in the same lane...I got to remember I’m talking to guys who believes that Future is God’s way of saving hip-hop.

For the life of me, I don’t know who Pop Smoke is...

At the end of the day, Dave is good but nothing special. Just like that Quan guy.
I have some of his tapes, but he still meh.

In fact, what is a memorable Dave East song? Not personal favorite or mixtape favorite. As song that most people can reference Dave East to?

Don Q, he’s cool but he’s in the same lane as Dave.

honestly, dave, don q, etc. none of them do it for me...Griselda got the torch.
Shannon kinda ****ed on buffalo as a city and Griselda but i'm leaning toward it being a part of the game since why would they/this subject even get brought up? the timing is interesting.

industry moves..

Dave East gotta be Nas and Hov level but every month it's a new "yah, yah, aye, aye," rapper and he's "the next one :pimp:".

:lol:

Name em....you always do this, and never provide any names of what “yah yah aye, aye” rappers we overwhelmingly in this thread crown, “the next one”.

Most the *****s in here are close to 30 or over...and generally like the same **** more or less...save a few differences.

Who said Dave got to be in the same lane...I got to remember I’m talking to guys who believes that Future is God’s way of saving hip-hop.

For the life of me, I don’t know who Pop Smoke is...

At the end of the day, Dave is good but nothing special. Just like that Quan guy.
I have some of his tapes, but he still meh.

In fact, what is a memorable Dave East song? Not personal favorite or mixtape favorite. As song that most people can reference Dave East to?

Don Q, he’s cool but he’s in the same lane as Dave.

So basically a "Hit" record is what your looking for :lol:, what does him not having a hit record have to do with people enjoying his music

I’m a Dave East fan.....but you *****s are lying if you say the quality of his music hasn’t declined from his ‘15 to ‘16 run.

Kairi chanel was probably is best overall project to date, with that said he has had SEVERAL songs on par or better than the music on that tape. Beloved is arguably better than Kairi but it's a duo tape with one of the better rappers of all time.

while we on this subject

He’s a crooning off key rapper. There’s plenty of them in his lane

Moreso blue-sy....and what Lucci does is very different from other rappers that harmonize with street content and introspection....while making bangers too. I think Lucci is pretty distinct. I get he may not be fit everybody....but to dismiss him as some unoriginal rapper that’s like everybody else is washed thinking.

Moreso blue-sy....and what Lucci does is very different from other rappers that harmonize with street content and introspection....while making bangers too. I think Lucci is pretty distinct. I get he may not be fit everybody....but to dismiss him as some unoriginal rapper that’s like everybody else is washed thinking.

And Quando rondo does the exact same thing.

And Quando rondo does the exact same thing.

There are such things as rap Lanes and regional sounds and influences. You know this. Mud music. It’s for the chitterlings circuit and streets. But with some crossover appeal too. And Quando Rondo is closer to a Boosie & Youngboy than a Lucci.

Back
Top Bottom