Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by brivera716, Apr 20, 2017.

1. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

You be posting *****s like Trap Manny...soley because they’re from your city. But got the nerve to say that :rofl:

finessence likes this.
  2. Magic33

Magic33

If Trap Manny was from Atl you'd be his biggest supporter, talking about he's got next. :lol:

I posted it because someone posted A Boogie, and he's on Highbridge.

3. tyisny

tyisny

to be fair Trap Manny mid as ****, buttt let's not act like *****s don't post other cats of that same tier in here daily :lol:

4. tay1

tay1

Social media stay making older ******* do dumb ****

The hell is Benny arguing with a 50 year old Shannon Sharpe for? :lol: . If he was smart, he would've said some ***** to the tune of "invite us to the show unc, to get to know us" to get more exposure

5. $tacy

$tacy formerly willchamberlain

I mean if we really going there **** it throw the first chair, NY rap been wack for a long time besides the southern clones and y’all hype up anybody with a buzz

6. donewithjs

donewithjs

7. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

BDD8D8C0-6588-4934-9CA0-3A5699081FE2.gif

8. debso

debso

I mean he did *** on their city...and that's after basically saying nobody knew who they were.

9. tay1

tay1

Don't matter. He's a 50 year old sports personality. Now if this was a DJ Akademiks or somebody connected to rap, cool. He going back and forth with Shannon Sharpe. I wonder if he even realized that at some point :lol:

10. debso

debso

he's a 50 year old sports personality that was a great player and has a real large platform. anybody would feel a certain type of way...especially a group of ppl holding the torch for their city (and really a segment of hip hop listeners that care about quality).

nobody wants to do all of that to get ****ed on.

finessence likes this.
  11. tyisny

tyisny

Lmaoo again i see the *****s ya'll champion in here, if that's what NY gotta sound like to be "hot"... i'm good :lol::lol:

Been two decades nearly and *****s still got that resentment man, LET IT GO :lol::lol:

12. Dubby

Dubby

These dudes (and girl) busted they nutts all over my era of hip hop (A$AP, SGP, RVIDXR KLVN, Suicide Boys, GHOSTEMANE, Seed Of 6IX etc. etc. etc.

zube42 and finessence like this.
  13. Shannon goes back and forth with people all the time, it's fair game.

14. Feels like any time Griselda is the topic of discussion for the hour a lot of you *****s lash out.:lol:

tyisny, zube42, kingfoamnyc and 5 others like this.
  15. $tacy

$tacy formerly willchamberlain

The west side Gunn ***** wack and come off as trying too hard. Conway the lopsided faced machine lowkey scare me. I can’t look at that ***** while he rap, he need to leave the visuals alone. The Butcher cool, I **** wit the song wit him and push but outside of y’all recommendations and convos about them I have no need to listen or hear anyone else listening to em. The internet made me aware and I really wasn’t missing ****.

JRaW’d likes this.
  16. finessence

finessence

The old “can’t beat em’, join em’ “ mantra :lol: :lol:

You hate to see it

17. RIP sleazyy

RIP sleazyy

You asking this to *****s who get on here and argue with mf they don’t know day in and day out

For months and sometimes years

Let that marinate :lol:

finessence likes this.
  18. Dudes want rap to be filled with a bunch of rappy/singy dudes that can't do either. :lol:

19. finessence

finessence

We can’t defend “lyrical myrical” rappers. Smh. God forbid we defend dudes who sound like traditional 80s, 90s, and 2000s emcees.

Let someone bash one of these squealing, no talent, tattoo’d face, skinny jeans sagging dudes with a Lawrence Taylor/Barry Bonds earring. Mfers coddle these guys DAILY. Taking bullets for these cats on the regular...

But nah, if you’re a traditional lyricist, you gotta fend for yourself......

harlemtothebronx likes this.
  20. debso

debso

dunno, I doubt you've heard enough if you're saying that.
    regardless, you're entitled to your opinion and you can feel how you feel but they're putting a lot of effort into ensuring that every project is of a certain quality and they drop music real often.there aren't too many artists as consistent as them when it comes to that.

add that to the fact that they come from a small city in upstate NY that's going through a lot right now as far as poverty, crime, etc.
    there aren't a lot of opportunities out there and you yourself are talking about them and you don't live in buffalo afaik. Shannon sharpe was talking about them. i'm talking about them. etc.

they got signed to shady and roc nation. they've toured and sold out each show. they're respected by anybody someone from my generation would respect.

yeah, I would feel a certain way too if I were them. you couldn't tell me anything if I got signed by someone like jay or if I came from nothing (not that I don't..) and came up and got rich in the last two years. you couldn't tell me anything if wu tang, nas, jay, prodigy, etc. cosigned me.

and if I came from buffalo or any other small city? i'd look at you a certain way too. anybody would.

you can't name an artist that they can't hop on a song with and hold their own. and they're from buffalo.

jaymosenvied, zube42, 24karat and 3 others like this.
  21. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

What! :lol:. This is random. But Durkio one of the best out :pimp:

firstclass and HOU$TON like this.
  22. tay1

tay1

That's on those guys.

23. Even the dusty old heads not rocking with folk

24. tay1

tay1

He sure did come a long way from when he first came out. Improved a lot

frshstunna likes this.