Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by brivera716, Apr 20, 2017.

1. The whole Griselda crew is _'s from upstate NY that make music that puts you in that environment. Nothing about that is trying to hard. Even outside of the big three (Conway, West, Benny) their other members been putting out hard **** too with their own style. None of them sound alike, all of 'em got a uniqueness about them. Been a long time since a big crew consistently put out dope ****.

2. ahat20

ahat20

Half manne half cocaine video dropping tomorrow

3. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

He one album away. Once he learn how to sequence his project, hone in...and drop a body of work that’s cohesive and showcases his range of talents with the right push...he outta here.

HOU$TON likes this.
  4. $tacy

$tacy formerly willchamberlain

My keef bias used to have me in denial but yeah it’s a landslide

HOU$TON likes this.
  5. kingfoamnyc

kingfoamnyc

upload_2019-9-11_19-54-11.gif

6. ahat20

ahat20

Lor homie got it, he up next

Zones 1 thru 6 ****in with yo

7. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

THIS *****? Cmon son :rofl:

It’s plenty of trash ATL rappers. The ones I rock with happen to be dope. And they got a lot of good rappers too. That place is a talent hotbed. It is what it is. I pretty much rock with dudes from every region. Good music is good music. Trap Manny AINT it. No matter how @Magic33 tries to spin it.

8. str8drop

str8drop

:lol:

6pac and VARNELL HILL like this.
  9. JRaW’d

JRaW’d formerly jrodski

Thats bc yall n****’s act like the rap game only consist of the lil boopy’s and griselda.

There’s other n****’s out here spittin just as nice that aint young boys but they get no mention.

Yall in here everyday postin lyrics from them n****’s like they bible verses or some s***.

What this boils down to is “golden era” NY centric elitist bulls***.

N****’s is nice. They got a place in this game but nah...

10. ahat20

ahat20

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maximus Meridius and finessence like this.
  11. JRaW’d

JRaW’d formerly jrodski

^Exactly.

Yall kno who yall are...

12. Durk been fire but then he fell off...he back on his **** last few projects :pimp:

wavycrocket and HOU$TON like this.
  13. zube42

zube42

I just love anytime someone has their opinion of a not that talented rapper challenged they try to call out Griselda in here :lol:
    Says enough

14. zube42

zube42

So you're mad Griselda fans are really big fans of their music and don't bring up rappers they don't know? Ok :lol:

tyisny, VARNELL HILL and finessence like this.
  15. ahat20

ahat20

I'm laughing at how mad how you sound :lol:

"Other cats that ain't young boys that are spittin but get no mention"

Who's not getting mentioned that got you in your feelings fam :lol:

16. JRaW’d

JRaW’d formerly jrodski

Deflections a plenty...

If your a regular in this thread, you cant lean on this as an excuse.

Alotta different dope rappers that are under the radar get posted in here REGULARLY.

17. kingfoamnyc

kingfoamnyc

upload_2019-9-11_20-44-25.png

Attached Files:

18. kingfoamnyc

kingfoamnyc

upload_2019-9-11_20-45-56.gif

When Griselda is posted :rofl: :rofl:

Can't NO ONE from ANYWHERE get *****s panties in a bunch more than some NY *****s

I'm about to start rapping 8)

tyisny, a blinkin, zube42 and 2 others like this.
  19. I'm not a young cat, but I stay up on the current new artist from when they started out with their first songs/mixtapes/etc. Watching the Drill scene from the start of its exception, it's really crazy to see who's popularity has grown and lasted through a long period of time, compared to the cats who came out blazin hot out of that music scene in Chicago. You wouldve thought Keef would've been the Chi/Midwest version of Eazy E. He just didn't progress lyrically/musically over time like I thought he would. He basically stayed stagnant skill level wise, but he's still somewhat popular because of how big (don't like) was.

Back then I couldn't imagine seeing cats like G Herbo and Bibby making the moves they're making. I remember seeing them in that Chiraq/Drill documentary looking like they where in the last place to get a push from anybody down there. You just never know when it comes to music on who's going to outlast who.

Durk has progressed, but I'm easily putting GHerbo as the #1 Chicago Rapper at this moment. 1. Herbo, 2.Durk as for right now. But a major hit from either one of them in the next couple of years can change it.

alexody and Dubby like this.
  20. kickvicisous

kickvicisous

If Griselda gets posted more often than some the other people who supposedly be spitting its probably because of their work ethic and they how put **** out at a crazy pace thats also quality. That's all I really think it is when compared to other people who some consider lyricist in here. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some examples

Dubby and finessence like this.
  21. mastamind033

mastamind033

If there are other dope MCs putting in work currently, post the songs and/or lyrics. Not sure why it’s so difficult to ignore or skip over the **** you don’t like. I don’t mess with most of the stuff @wavycrocket posts but I’m not going out of my way to **** on em.

22. Herb ain't from the Chi now?

Durk cool but he sound like toddler Future.

a blinkin likes this.
  23. Peep Game

Peep Game

And a legitimate crew, not just a bunch of dudes who happen to rap together cause they're under the same management

Maximus Meridius likes this.
  24. So YOU mention them _'s then :lol:

Everybody free to post whatever they want. What's the issue?

Dudes flood pages with 10 _'s that all sound the same that "got next" and it's whatever.

tyisny, kingfoamnyc and zube42 like this.
  25. zube42

zube42

What excuse am I leaning on?
    And what point are you trying to make?
    Your use of "excuse" and "deflection" don't work here.
    You're mad people aren't giving love to rappers you want to get love and like something else more than them, we don't owe you **** as far as what we should listen to and post :lol: