Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I mean he did *** on their city...and that's after basically saying nobody knew who they were.
Don't matter. He's a 50 year old sports personality. Now if this was a DJ Akademiks or somebody connected to rap, cool. He going back and forth with Shannon Sharpe. I wonder if he even realized that at some point :lol:

Don't matter. He's a 50 year old sports personality. Now if this was a DJ Akademiks or somebody connected to rap, cool. He going back and forth with Shannon Sharpe. I wonder if he even realized that at some point :lol:
he's a 50 year old sports personality that was a great player and has a real large platform. anybody would feel a certain type of way...especially a group of ppl holding the torch for their city (and really a segment of hip hop listeners that care about quality).

nobody wants to do all of that to get ****ed on.

Lmaoo again i see the ****** ya'll champion in here, if that's what NY gotta sound like to be "hot"... i'm good :lol::lol:

Been two decades nearly and ****** still got that resentment man, LET IT GO :lol::lol:

Social media stay making older ******* do dumb ****

The hell is Benny arguing with a 50 year old Shannon Sharpe for? :lol: . If he was smart, he would've said some ***** to the tune of "invite us to the show unc, to get to know us" to get more exposure

Shannon goes back and forth with people all the time, it's fair game.

The west side Gunn ***** wack and come off as trying too hard. Conway the lopsided faced machine lowkey scare me. I can’t look at that ***** while he rap, he need to leave the visuals alone. The Butcher cool, I **** wit the song wit him and push but outside of y’all recommendations and convos about them I have no need to listen or hear anyone else listening to em. The internet made me aware and I really wasn’t missing ****.

Lmaoo again i see the *****s ya'll champion in here, if that's what NY gotta sound like to be "hot"... i'm good :lol::lol:

Been two decades nearly and *****s still got that resentment man, LET IT GO :lol::lol:

The old “can’t beat em’, join em’ “ mantra :lol: :lol:

You hate to see it

The hell is Benny arguing with a 50 year old Shannon Sharpe for? :lol: . If he was smart, he would've said some ***** to the tune of "invite us to the show unc, to get to know us" to get more exposure

You asking this to ****** who get on here and argue with mf they don’t know day in and day out

For months and sometimes years

Let that marinate :lol:

Dudes want rap to be filled with a bunch of rappy/singy dudes that can't do either. :lol:

We can’t defend “lyrical myrical” rappers. Smh. God forbid we defend dudes who sound like traditional 80s, 90s, and 2000s emcees.

Let someone bash one of these squealing, no talent, tattoo’d face, skinny jeans sagging dudes with a Lawrence Taylor/Barry Bonds earring. Mfers coddle these guys DAILY. Taking bullets for these cats on the regular...

But nah, if you’re a traditional lyricist, you gotta fend for yourself......

The west side Gunn ***** wack and come off as trying too hard. Conway the lopsided faced machine lowkey scare me. I can’t look at that ***** while he rap, he need to leave the visuals alone. The Butcher cool, I **** wit the song wit him and push but outside of y’all recommendations and convos about them I have no need to listen or hear anyone else listening to em. The internet made me aware and I really wasn’t missing ****.
dunno, I doubt you've heard enough if you're saying that.
regardless, you're entitled to your opinion and you can feel how you feel but they're putting a lot of effort into ensuring that every project is of a certain quality and they drop music real often.there aren't too many artists as consistent as them when it comes to that.

add that to the fact that they come from a small city in upstate NY that's going through a lot right now as far as poverty, crime, etc.
there aren't a lot of opportunities out there and you yourself are talking about them and you don't live in buffalo afaik. Shannon sharpe was talking about them. i'm talking about them. etc.

they got signed to shady and roc nation. they've toured and sold out each show. they're respected by anybody someone from my generation would respect.

yeah, I would feel a certain way too if I were them. you couldn't tell me anything if I got signed by someone like jay or if I came from nothing (not that I don't..) and came up and got rich in the last two years. you couldn't tell me anything if wu tang, nas, jay, prodigy, etc. cosigned me.

and if I came from buffalo or any other small city? i'd look at you a certain way too. anybody would.

you can't name an artist that they can't hop on a song with and hold their own. and they're from buffalo.

Even the dusty old heads not rocking with folk

The whole Griselda crew is _'s from upstate NY that make music that puts you in that environment. Nothing about that is trying to hard. Even outside of the big three (Conway, West, Benny) their other members been putting out hard **** too with their own style. None of them sound alike, all of 'em got a uniqueness about them. Been a long time since a big crew consistently put out dope ****.

Durkio been the best out of chiraq, it’s not even close at this point

He one album away. Once he learn how to sequence his project, hone in...and drop a body of work that’s cohesive and showcases his range of talents with the right push...he outta here.

If Trap Manny was from Atl you'd be his biggest supporter, talking about he's got next. :lol:

I posted it because someone posted A Boogie, and he's on Highbridge.

upload_2019-9-11_19-54-11.gif

THIS *****? Cmon son :rofl:

It’s plenty of trash ATL rappers. The ones I rock with happen to be dope. And they got a lot of good rappers too. That place is a talent hotbed. It is what it is. I pretty much rock with dudes from every region. Good music is good music. Trap Manny AINT it. No matter how @Magic33 tries to spin it.

Back
Top Bottom