Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Not too long ago I had a phase where I found myself "Growing out of hiphop" then I realized that I can't grow out of an artform. I can outgrow the music that I used to listen to when I was at a different point in my life but I can also find music that I can enjoy and relate to. I managed to find my lane and I'm cool with it.

This artform has everything for everyone to listen to and there shouldn't be an excuse for why you can't find your lane to. It's crazy how hiphop is the only artform of music that people think they can "outgrow". It's almost as if we treat this culture and it's participants like children that are incapable of maturing. I call bull**** on that.

This is not only the most popular artform in the world, but it's the most socially and politically driven artform in this modern era of music. Give it the respect it deserves.
for me its been the old stuff
i'll bop a lil to some of the new stuff
but it doesnt leave an impression on me

And *****s was saying “hip hop was dead” then too. All the while these albums dropped around that time.

09C6086C-4913-400B-86F9-B8E212C2DDCB.png
Every era has hits .. problem is that some people fall in love with a certain type and everything outside of that is garbage. However, there are tons of people out there that like that garbage.

I can't really **** with old/new Future or Migos, but do they make hits? Do people love them? I even like and vibe to a few joints, but to others they are straight garbage.

But yet the people that like them would call people like me dumb and would challenge the music knowledge.

FoH

I used to **** with Method Man so ****ing hard, then he put out Tical and I was done. So yeah....

I know people that ****ty on Chop and Screw and others that love and died for it.

People used to love ODB and hater GZA. Etc

So yeah.

I'm old, I don't want to hear new old head rap though, I want to hear from the youngins, I want to hear their pov
problem is there's more trash youngins than not. it's like 10 Lil Opiods to every 1 decent young artist

I turn 30 next February. There's literally hip hop for everyone out there and it's easier to access now more than ever.
100 ..

That's why is the most popular genre out there.

I remember going to Latin America and absolute dumps in the middle east and hear here and there rap ....

Dudes be wanting to act like elitist because ... I dont even know why.

I'm old, I don't want to hear new old head rap though, I want to hear from the youngins, I want to hear their pov
problem is there's more trash youngins than not. it's like 10 Lil Opiods to every 1 decent young artist
what youngins are u reffering to???
cole kendrick sean and them are our damn age
hell even asap rocky is
they aint young ******
i know u aint talking bout u wanna hear what lil yachty
or meg the stallion gotta say

Griselda records crushed all of that i'm too old/growing out of hip hop talk/thoughts for me.
honestly, credit goes to roc Marciano, meyhem lauren and action Bronson. through listening to them as a breath of fresh air, I found out about Griselda. once I heard reject 2 I pretty much stopped listening to anything but Griselda and their affiliates/friends/etc.

hwh6 is their illest release IMHO but yeah. 7 drops 10/31 and if it is anything like 6 we would be blessed.

Depending what my mood is I can play my Griselda playlist all day or I'll throw some Thugger/Carti type **** on.

as far as trap/southern hip hop goes...
I really wish bankroll fresh was with us. he was it. he had everything. smhhh.
I still listen to old migos, old rich the kid, old skippa...old Gucci. etc.
of course hypnotize minds stays in rotation.

I really wish more rappers cared about their craft.

*edit*
i'm rocking with tsf tho.
sauce walka is a star. SMH at the game not recognizing this. he should be plat easily.

Last edited:
There are plenty of young cats who came out over the last 3 years and are under 24 that are making decent music.

NBA YoungBoy, YBN Cordae, Kodak, A Boogie, Juice Wrld, etc. That’s just off the top of my head but you get the idea.

There is literally something for everyone in hip hop/rap culture.

What a time :smokin

dont get me wrong
ill slap some stick talk
or fight night
but after a while it just doesnt keep me engaged
hell i can throw on paid in full or illmatic
hell i can put on lil kim hardcore
and be engaged for longer periods of time

Griselda records crushed all of that i'm too old/growing out of hip hop talk/thoughts for me.
honestly, credit goes to roc Marciano, meyhem lauren and action Bronson. through listening to them as a breath of fresh air, I found out about Griselda. once I heard reject 2 I pretty much stopped listening to anything but Griselda and their affiliates/friends/etc.

hwh6 is their illest release IMHO but yeah. 7 drops 10/31 and if it is anything like 6 we would be blessed.
I don't know what it is but I can't get into these guys, It just doesn't resonate with me. I mess with Action though

Dont care how old you are or where you claim, I just want *****s to rap
wanting **** to just rap has been the problem
i want them to say something in they raps
tired of hearing i got the blicky
time is 450
the date is 4/20
******* a ***** named Nicki
while smoking that sticky icky
nah im tired of hearing that ****
or at least use a damn thesaurus
and find a creative or better way to express ur wraps
if these " now i do what i want" ***** dont get the **** out my face
tired of this ****

I don't know what it is but I can't get into these guys, It just doesn't resonate with me. I mess with Action though
i get why folks like em
but also get why folks cant get into them
they come off as trying to hard to NOT be the other folks
when it shouldnt come off that way
should just be natural

Back
Top Bottom