Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I haven't listened to all of Tory's Chixtape, but what's the point of redoing songs that were just out a decade before?

People say Hiphop has always been sample driven, which is true... but hiphop usually takes a sample & changes the entire mood & energy of a record. These remakes are technically not adding anything new to the record in most cases

I haven't listened to all of Tory's Chixtape, but what's the point of redoing songs that were just out a decade before?

People say Hiphop has always been sample driven, which is true... but hiphop usually takes a sample & changes the entire mood & energy of a record. These remakes are technically not adding anything new to the record in most cases

it sounds good

3C93D6C0-4534-4D18-BB3F-EB06C9D5ECAC.gif

I don’t think there has to be point other than nostalgia and paying homage to records he liked growing up :lol:

Also, a decade is a eternity in music now because the listeners are younger today

I don’t think there has to be point other than nostalgia and paying homage to records he liked growing up :lol:

Also, a decade is a eternity in music now because the listeners are younger today

I guess that makes sense to the younger generation. for me it's just up in the air :lol: . It's like i already heard all of these records & it's just a lazier version of the original but hey man it is what it is.

You gotta take into account most people don’t consume music how we do in here

I played it around fam and the old heads were lovin it

they not thinking “wow he just rehashed old songs” they just liked the music

I feel like in here we forget the average listener not thinking about music as hard as we are :lol:

You gotta take into account most people don’t consume music how we do in here

I played it around fam and the old heads were lovin it

they not thinking “wow he just rehashed old songs” they just liked the music

I feel like in here we forget the average listener not thinking about music as hard as we are :lol:

that's funny because i figured if anyone would have been thrown off by it, it would be the dudes who were in their 20s/30's when the OG songs came out :lol:

that's funny because i figured if anyone would have been thrown off by it, it would be the dudes who were in their 20s/30's when the OG songs came out :lol:

they were vibin, especially the women. I was surprised lowkey.

Told me run Yessirr back three times :lol:

I guess that makes sense to the younger generation. for me it's just up in the air :lol: . It's like i already heard all of these records & it's just a lazier version of the original but hey man it is what it is.

From a critical standpoint I feel you, nothing gonna top the OG versions you came up with

From a homage standpoint I think it’s cool tho, put some of the younger ppl on and he bringing the original artists in on it

As corny as Tory is he really does seem to be a student of the culture, specifically the early 00’s ****

Bruh be up at the radio stations doing his BEST 03 Philly/NYC Wayne freestyle impression everytime he get a mic :lol:

From a critical standpoint I feel you, nothing gonna top the OG versions you came up with

From a homage standpoint I think it’s cool tho, put some of the younger ppl on and he bringing the original artists in on it

As corny as Tory is he really does seem to be a student of the culture, specifically the early 00’s ****

Bruh be up at the radio stations doing his BEST 03 Philly/NYC Wayne freestyle impression everytime he get a mic :lol:

I ain't gonna front he killed one of those wayne style joints on Sway a few years back :lol:

Ross my favorite rap character by far

**** A BLOG DOG CUZ ONE DAY WE GON MEET

I know people in here quickly dismissed Ross's book but he pretty much admitted in it that he put on a persona and did a lot of cappin until it came to fruition.

Said he was around industry people early in his career without a dime in his pocket but they all thought he was ballin lol

I just finished Joe's Pull up with Tory & i may keep Chixtape on spin for the day just for him keeping it 1000% :pimp:

I know tricking been around since the dawn of time, and maybe this is just social media putting the spotlight on it more than ever, but chicks entitlement to ****** pockets is WILD out here.

chicks must've got hit with the wrong ***** evaluation, but the price of smashing a joint shouldn't be worth a 5-10k bag. Especially when your a celeb who got chicks giving it up for free just for the clout.

Back
Top Bottom