Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Songs from the 70s like 6-9 minutes long and I love every minute of them. Beautiful music. Love the long intro of just the beat. I also love when you get to like 2/3rds of the song and just let the beat play for a full minute and then bring the hook back. Y’all favorite music today is GARBAGE, **** AINT EVEN MUSIC

Last edited:
I had someone came over to watch the Hip Hop Evolution season 4 and legit got upset because DC and GoGo music did not have a segment.

I was like outside of Wale - what has gogo contribute to the HIP HOP culture?

Had the nerve to say Louisiana music is trash :lol:

I had someone came over to watch the Hip Hop Evolution season 4 and legit got upset because DC and GoGo music did not have a segment.

I was like outside of Wale - what has gogo contribute to the HIP HOP culture?

Had the nerve to say Louisiana music is trash :lol:
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican i’m telling u go go didn’t have the impact that it should of had.

Shame how lil attention they’ve really really gotten outside of Tee over the past 5-6 years. Icewear and Lonnie Bands both should’ve went :smh:

pablo skywalkin was basically Blueface before Blueface :lol:

Drego and lil Beno next up tho :pimp:

Was watching this David Banner interview and he said he was the first producer to tag beat with his actual name (rather than a signature sound)

Ti called Hot97 and told them keep the tag on Rubberband Man :lol:

Never knew bruh produced for Ruff Ryders in 2001, his name on this beat too :lol:

Broooooooo I never thought about that! Blue face Fa sho remind me of Pablo. Except blue face can never make a song like flex on em :nthat: boy was like18 putting out bangers.

and I ain’t heard that fiend song in yearssssss. Never noticed the tag. That was my ****.

Songs from the 70s like 6-9 minutes long and I love every minute of them. Beautiful music. Love the long intro of just the beat. I also love when you get to like 2/3rds of the song and just let the beat play for a full minute and then bring the hook back. Y’all favorite music today is GARBAGE, **** AINT EVEN MUSIC

Agree with the first part. :lol:

Isaac Hayes and Roy Ayers got songs long as hell and their great. At the same time, Al Green got some classics that's 2:30-3 mins long. Great music is great music to me, Song length never really mattered. Prince got songs with different breakdowns where he just be going on freestyling for a extra 4 mins.

please read this article

Forgot about Chuck Berry.

So basically the article writer is voicing their opinion on the comparison of Go-Go in all of music fromDisco to New Orleans brass to R&B to Rap.

Taking my personal bias opinion of me not liking Go-Go - it still has not have any huge impact for Hip Hop on a large enough scale to - like Miami Bass, Gangster Rap, Trap Music, Crunk Music, Screw Music, etc. perhaps I’m wrong.

Agree with the first part. :lol:

Isaac Hayes and Roy Ayers got songs long as hell and their great. At the same time, Al Green got some classics that's 2:30-3 mins long. Great music is great music to me, Song length never really mattered. Prince got songs with different breakdowns where he just be going on freestyling for a extra 4 mins.

Im trying to decide if Im wanting to see Roy Ayers in concert...I bet it’s going to be a good show.

Forgot about Chuck Berry.

So basically the article writer is voicing their opinion on the comparison of Go-Go in all of music fromDisco to New Orleans brass to R&B to Rap.

Taking my personal bias opinion of me not liking Go-Go - it still has not have any huge impact for Hip Hop on a large enough scale to - like Miami Bass, Gangster Rap, Trap Music, Crunk Music, Screw Music, etc. perhaps I’m wrong.

Gogo had major background influence, kinda like how HOT97 jacked WPGC entire wave to blow up

some folks will tell you Trouble Funk started it all before Sugarhill Gang. some folks will tell you gogo didn’t blow because the scene didn’t sell out when other regions and sounds did.

really just depends on who you ask

Back
Top Bottom