Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Heart of the streets albums def dont get enough cred.

bg had GOOD momentum for a lil minute after leaving CMR. Dude was grinding.

remember he performed the top back remix with TIP and them on some award show around that time. There was buzz bout TIP signin yo too. That died down, a handful of years passed, then yo was locked.

free geezy. The ORIGINAL geezy.

shouts out to ziggla da mudda fuggin wiggla yerd meh...

cx
I think Gibbs could stretch subject matter if he wanted to. Homesick a good example.

bruh really just doesn’t have a reason to expand too much. It’d be like Pusha not rapping about dope or Spitta not talking about bud.

if you can get the acclaim while sticking to your niche, why deviate?

It’s funny how some dudes on here have these standards for certain rappers. They’ll say j.cole needs to use different beats, but will never say that about Future or others. They’ll never say Drake or da baby should switch subject matter or production...

But Freddie Gibbs needs to, according to them

This is all you lil _s copped???
Yall got 2 hands on 1 O, what is this 10 o'clock???

I think Gibbs could stretch subject matter if he wanted to. Homesick a good example.

bruh really just doesn’t have a reason to expand too much. It’d be like Pusha not rapping about dope or Spitta not talking about bud.

if you can get the acclaim while sticking to your niche, why deviate?
Homesick
Insecurities
Practice
High
Higher learning

These just off the top of my head

Heart of the streets albums def dont get enough cred.

bg had GOOD momentum for a lil minute after leaving CMR. Dude was grinding.

remember he performed the top back remix with TIP and them on some award show around that time. There was buzz bout TIP signin yo too. That died down, a handful of years passed, then yo was locked.

free geezy. The ORIGINAL geezy.

shouts out to ziggla da mudda fuggin wiggla yerd meh...
Both heart of the streets were hard, The first one is a certified classic but the second one doesn't get any love for whatever reason..when he dropped this joint I thought he was about go on a serious run..especially after linking up with Birdman and Wayne

he def was.

BG was legitimately getting HOT without CMR.

i dont really kno what slowed his momentum down.
Oddly enough, he had just resigned to CMR (at least that’s what I remember). I know Wayne and Baby jumped on the Back to the Money Remix and Wayne was on Ya Heard Me.

Back
Top Bottom