Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

A n_ that close, and I KNOW spit got in buddy face. You gotta take. I would’ve lied and said he spit on me just so I could fire on him.

That would’ve been my alibi. He let Tory in to close
plus id be offended if someone that shorter than me acted like a chiwawa too close to me...

I'll never understand the "J. Cole is boring" narrative. It baffles me tbh

J Cole rapping over J Cole beats/production covering J Cole subject matter

Dude has bars, sure, but his projects are monotonous as hell because he isn’t the best beat maker and his topics are trash sometimes (see the song about folding clothes :stoneface: ). Dude needs features and other producers... just like Sean.

J cole can spit but his production can be a snooze. Like you don’t have to have “boring” beats because you rap well. Middle Child was flames and I would like to hear more of that

He can rap, he has the ability to make good beats. The music he puts together with his talent is just lackluster to me. It's been like that.
The first album I mentioned today was OB4CL2 so save that "well you must like garbage autotune rap" ****

J. Cole makes the same type of music Future make. It’s just packaged differently. Whether 9-5 or hustling ya bag of dope. It’s the same s****. His music make you wanna hustle. No matter what your hustle is. Legal or illegal. I find it funny that y’all believe Future moved packs. I know for a fact bruh wasn’t pushing weight. Dope boys put they money behind him, same way how they put money behind Jeezy.

It’s just all packaged differently. Same like Wale. They motivate the same way. But again it’s a lot of lames out here.

Drake couldn’t bag Nicki, Rihanna, Bria, Maliah, etc. this n_ done tried and failed with countless h***. I think it’s an ongoing joke by people pretending like he cool. I never seen someone simp
as hard as he does. That’s why I laugh at his fans. That’s what makes the whole narrative about J.Cole being boring funny. Then I remember Future and Drake simp talk so much. That’s the only reason they got female fans. Females love simps.

J. Cole doesn’t use simp raps

Define simp rap.

Because someone can easily make the claim that songs like the folding clothes track and the joint he has where he talks about never having sex before are some simp raps.
J cole was yo that made the song bout a wet dream right? ...I’d rather be simpin, it’s a slim chance of P that way instead of imaginary :lol:

Define simp rap.

Because someone can easily make the claim that songs like the folding clothes track and the joint he has where he talks about never having sex before are some simp raps.

That’s not simp raps. Simp rap = “I bought my b*** a benz, a birkin, a necklace, I spent 10 racks on my chic, etc.” “I flew her out and took her on a shopping spree”

Simping/tricking is the same. That’s all Drake and 80% of these cats talk about. That don’t make you look like a player. It makes you a sucker duck

That’s not simp raps. Simp rap = “I bought my b*** a benz, a birkin, a necklace, I spent 10 racks on my chic, etc.” “I flew her out and took her on a shopping

To be fair, I think just about every rapper has said something like that.

J cole can spit but his production can be a snooze. Like you don’t have to have “boring” beats because you rap well. Middle Child was flames and I would like to hear more of that

It’s like year 12 for JCole and his best beats and most standout verses are still mostly fur other people. I don’t find him boring, it’s him not varying up his production that may make his sound appear that way.

Define simp rap.

Foldin Clothes was the song about his mans realizing he wanted to live the married with kids life before he got killed. The following song talks about his daughter, followed by his death in the last song.

Yeah the song itself wasn’t it (outside of the last two minutes where he said some real **** about the hood) at all though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom