Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1602909285410.jpeg

1602909310864.jpeg
🥱

watching this fashion documentary that was tucked away on Netflix called The Remix: Hip Hop x fashion. can't even find a trailer for it
featuring Misa Hylton, April Walker (Walker Wear) thread favorite Pyer Moss etc...
Didn't know Sonia Sotomayor was the one that personally raided Dapper Dan's store, basically told him his stuff was great, belongs on 5th Avenue but it's coming with me.
wish it had gone a little deeper on some things.
think i'm gonna read Dapper Dan's book tomorrow

2020-10-17 (2).png

2020-10-17 (12).png

bring back the big denim suit!

2020-10-17 (15).png

2020-10-17 (19).png

2020-10-17 (22).png

this one is good too a bit more focused on the origins of things

Last edited:
Daps book is really good..read it last year I wanna say. Dap on the Dice was a serious problem. Read the book and you will see.

Homie has lived a wildly full life tho.

The Remix documentary was on Netflix top 10 when it first came out for almost a week. The trailer was on quite a few the usual clothing/streetwear/sneaker sites. They mention that was specifically slanted to focus more on the women of that era and their impact. I also preferred fresh dressed since it covered more than the traditional urban or hip hop focused brands (FUBU, Cross Colors, etc.)

The Remix documentary was on Netflix top 10 when it first came out for almost a week. The trailer was on quite a few the usual clothing/streetwear/sneaker sites. They mention that was specifically slanted to focus more on the women of that era and their impact. I also preferred fresh dressed since it covered more than the traditional urban or hip hop focused brands (FUBU, Cross Colors, etc.)
man i don't even know what the sneaker/streetwear websites are these days. I haven't kept up with that in forever. I wish it would've been just fully focused on Misa and April. Nothing was bad about it just felt a bit scattered

one thing i started thinking about while watching this was all the rapper clothing lines from back in the day that have come and gone. Most artists just do collabs with bigger brands and merch now, not their own lines beyond the usual t-shirts

That Lrg thread got me thinking about that huge Rich Yung thread that was on here, NT was a different animal back then. Dudes were really going crazy for that stuff
1602939810503.png

man i don't even know what the sneaker/streetwear websites are these days. I haven't kept up with that in forever. I wish it would've been just fully focused on Misa and April. Nothing was bad about it just felt a bit scattered

one thing i started thinking about while watching this was all the rapper clothing lines from back in the day that have come and gone. Most artists just do collabs with bigger brands and merch now, not their own lines beyond the usual t-shirts

That Lrg thread got me thinking about that huge Rich Yung thread that was on here, NT was a different animal back then. Dudes were really going crazy for that stuff
1602939810503.png

Streetwear sites are more niche now. They sell through their own webpages. Or mostly resell markets or apps like grailed.

I remember Rich Yung was expensive as hell. I wasn't paying that.

I'm a check out that movie on Netflix, sounds good.

I've had Dapper's book in my amazon cart since it came out. I need to buy it.

watching this fashion documentary that was tucked away on Netflix called The Remix: Hip Hop x fashion. can't even find a trailer for it
featuring Misa Hylton, April Walker (Walker Wear) thread favorite Pyer Moss etc...
Didn't know Sonia Sotomayor was the one that personally raided Dapper Dan's store, basically told him his stuff was great, belongs on 5th Avenue but it's coming with me.
wish it had gone a little deeper on some things.
think i'm gonna read Dapper Dan's book tomorrow

bring back the big denim suit!

this one is good too a bit more focused on the origins of things

Just saw this part and that’s so foul :lol:

Thats pretty much what I got from the doc. Wish they would have expanded more on the appreciation vs appropriation thing, cause there’s so much black culture and influence that gets hi-jacked, white washed and basically diluted. Feel like they cut that short to throw in how fashion has become gender-less
AC3A5AE1-4FFA-4DC8-B77B-65C1C75152A1.png

Back
Top Bottom