Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Saw a vid today of LL saying his favorite lyricists are Lupe and Aesop Rock and I was floored to find out LL know Aesop Rock exists let alone him enjoying his music :lol:
Malibu Ken was the 1st album I listened to last year. It was dope. This creepy *** video completely sold me:

Malibu Ken was the 1st album I listened to last year. It was dope. This creepy *** video completely sold me:

Tobacco and Black Moth Super Rainbow make some dope psychedelic synthy music. The live shows are wild too. This chick ran up on me at one and shoved her hand down my pants for the remainder of the show :lol:

No words exchanged the whole time :lol: She had me groping her and she just kept jerking me off. Lights hit when the show ends and she just dips out like nothing happened.
I was closed to blackout drunk for all of this and showed up to the show hammered but I was with a group of people for the show and they still bring it up to this day :lol:

He looks like ones of those cats that pays outrageous prices for old dingy clothing cuz its "vintage"

That whole "backpack" scene just ain't for me the production, the content, the deliveries etc etc i've tried many times & it's the same blank face i make when it's the opposite end of the spectrum & some 3rd tier trap rapper is telling me bout his lean expenses.

That whole "backpack" scene just ain't for me the production, the content, the deliveries etc etc i've tried many times & it's the same blank face i make when it's the opposite end of the spectrum & some 3rd tier trap rapper is telling me bout his lean expenses.

I don't even know what was/is considered a backpack rapper

Could you name some examples of the backpack scene your referring too? Not trying to call you out or anything its all a preference I just never considered him a backpack rapper

Could you name some examples of the backpack scene your referring too? Not trying to call you out or anything its all a preference I just never considered him a backpack rapper
Backpacker, Conscious, & Rappity Rap kind of get mixed in together... Maybe wrongfully so? Are Backpacker & Conscious interchangeable terms?

There's really no specific rapper i can think of, maybe backpacker was the wrong word..... but it's just a certain sound of hiphop that i just don't rock with at all

I don't even know what was/is considered a backpack rapper

I can’t really describe what the current version of that is, but peak backpack rap was probably 07-09. The good versions were stuff like Little Brother, Skyzoo, and their affiliates. The extremity unappealing ones were artists like Aesop Rock, Slug, Atmosphere, Cage, and other people like that.Very lyrical but corny as **** with awful production. Zero soul and swagless.

Back
Top Bottom