Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Rocky shifted to fashion and stuff, so I understand why people gloss over his actual body of work (which I’m a fan of btw. Testing was a solid album). But that mixed with the stuff he said about Black people made it easier to discredit him.

Ferg good for a banger so I never count him out, but his projects are underwhelming. You get a good 4 or 5 songs on a 12 track project and people are on to the next one.

The bigger topic, that this thread doesn’t touch on often enough, is how quickly music moves. You got access to projects by artists all over the country. And for the last 3 years, it’s been a flood of music damn near on a weekly basis. So your joint can be cool for a week and then come midnight the following Friday, there’s a new album or tape to talk about. Artists from every region have a hard time gaining traction or an actual foothold in it all because the consumer’s attention span is being pulled in every direction (no pun intended).

That's not just an NY problem though. ****** in every region need to stop snitching on themselves. Now more than ever it's so obviously blatant that the boys is watching so dudes really gotta put the phones down... and stop talking that **** in your interviews, regardless of who it's with or how perceivably big the platform is. They're watching all of it.

Rocky shifted to fashion and stuff, so I understand why people gloss over his actual body of work (which I’m a fan of btw. Testing was a solid album). But that mixed with the stuff he said about Black people made it easier to discredit him.

Ferg good for a banger so I never count him out, but his projects are underwhelming. You get a good 4 or 5 songs on a 12 track project and people are on to the next one.

The bigger topic, that this thread doesn’t touch on often enough, is how quickly music moves. You got access to projects by artists all over the country. And for the last 3 years, it’s been a flood of music damn near on a weekly basis. So your joint can be cool for a week and then come midnight the following Friday, there’s a new album or tape to talk about. Artists from every region have a hard time gaining traction or an actual foothold in it all because the consumer’s attention span is being pulled in every direction (no pun intended).

Ferg is so much better than his actual projects, specifically after his first one. At this point, ASAP Mob is similar to Dipset, where the least heralded member originally has gradually become the one carrying the mantle, and that’s ASAP Ant.

And you’re def right about the sheer amount of music coming out. That’s why it people think something came out months ago when it was really 3 weeks ago. There’s just so much music coming out. Since it’s so easy to get your music out there, people just drop when they want.

tennakeyslim tennakeyslim
Bro why you tell us the females in Memphis going crazy like this? :emoji_astonished:
How the hell Gucci sign them other two when Shiesty folks bucking like this?
I don't listen to female rappers like that, but they hard. Gangsta Boo daughters lol.
Memphis really going stupid right now with all the talent they got.

Last edited:
NYC hast lost damn near every transcendent artist to murder or jail. Stack, Max B, Bobby, Pop Smoke, ASAP YAMS...

People who were really just about to hit their stride & it got cut off, all original distinct personalities with skill.

And for some reason people just dismiss ASAP run as a whole
YAMS wasn't murdered.

tennakeyslim tennakeyslim
Bro why you tell us the females in Memphis going crazy like this? :emoji_astonished:
How the hell Gucci sign them other two when Shiesty folks bucking like this?
I don't listen to female rappers like that, but they hard. Gangsta Boo daughters lol.
Memphis really going stupid right now with all the talent they got.

Memphis been putting on for far too long

And the Kanye/good music plug at the time, had y’all *****s saying desiigner could actually spit, on some technical level. Hilarious to watch in real time.

keep it real with ya self. Mr. Old English was a fire mixtape.

YB, Baby & Kodak. Rap prodigies. Next :pimp:

I been rocking wit Future since Mollyworld, none of his technical rapping songs hit radio like that (besides Move That Dope).

Back
Top Bottom