Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

She pretty as hell w/o all that makeup

1614021639087.png

Still bad as **** tho

Jay had a (mini) fro since Ape ****. 3 years aint too long. Now the fact it's full as hell and not receding is wild
Yeah I don't feel like it grew that fast either. The wicks are dope tho. I was telling thekillerj23 thekillerj23 that Hov is my hair goals once my paper get long enough.

Kodak wicks looking dope too now. I should've just wick'd it up during this pandemic.

Yeah I don't feel like it grew that fast either. The wicks are dope tho. I was telling thekillerj23 thekillerj23 that Hov is my hair goals once my paper get long enough.

Kodak wicks looking dope too now. I should've just wick'd it up during this pandemic.

I’m not the most knowledgeable on locs by any means, but I thought Kodak new joints weren’t 100% real.

I’m not the most knowledgeable on locs by any means, but I thought Kodak new joints weren’t 100% real.
I don't follow Kodak but that's a shame if true.

He a celeb and it's different. Some would argue he brings more awareness to the style. Others (like myself) would prefer he took the time to go through the process.

More respect to Hov less respect to kodak I guess.

Hov did that **** publically in his 50s. Real g **** right there but he also dumb rich.

Last edited:
Why do ppl act perplexed when a rapper gets better in age? It's just confusing to me b/c thinking is the biggest proponent for a rapper. You should be getting better in age b/c you're constantly developing.

Probably something to do with the parallel that some people make with rapping and sports. Athletes don’t get better with age so it’s probably got something to do with the rappers being in the same boat.

Plus we’ve seen a ton of examples where people fall off and fade into obscurity.

Hip hop is still very young so its history is still being written literally every day.

People marketed hip hop as "a young mans game" until very recently. To be fair it was still a young genre as a blinkin a blinkin pointed out.

LL, Run, Kool G, etc were all heavy weights in their time but eventually they moved on or the culture moved on without them. To see what Jay and Nas are doing in respects to their age is just a newer concept.

To see what Jim Jones is doing is still incredible to see.

Plus people in general are creatures of habit. Think about it when you were growing up how much new music we're your parents really checking for?

New artist come around every day. The older I get the harder it is for a newer artist to really break through the bubble of what I already like, usually when they do I'm pleasantly surprised but I won't front I'm not checking every new up and comer when I already have 20-30 artist I love making music I like.

Kids will always decide what's "hot". They are more open to newer acts. Younger acts obviously appeal to what kids are experiencing in their day to day life.

If you wanna make a hit record u don't target the 30+ crowd you target the kids because they're the ones that tik tok, instagram, stream, and tweet your music into another stratosphere.

I don't follow Kodak but that's a shame if true.

He a celeb and it's different. Some would argue he brings more awareness to the style. Others (like myself) would prefer he took the time to go through the process.

More respect to Hov less respect to kodak I guess.

Hov did that **** publically in his 50s. Real g **** right there but he also dumb rich.

kodak joints real.... meanwhile, y’all let FETTY WAP wear fake dreads and get away with it......... y’all boys different

kodak joints real.... meanwhile, y’all let FETTY WAP wear fake dreads and get away with it......... y’all boys different
Nah I was teaching when Fetty was at his Peak. My students started coming in with those fake locs and I would roast them into oblivion.

I'm on my second set of locs right now (almost 4 years).

True story the first time I had locs a friend asked to hook him up with my loctician so he could get started. I only had been growing my **** for like a year and finally was at a decent legnth to get some styles.

Anyways my guy goes to see her and he popped up with the exact same style as me because he had fake hair installed with his locs. Homie went from mini fro to drip.

I never had so much hate in my heart for homie in my life. Ever since then I look at dudes who don't go through the struggle differently.

Hip Hop is the only genre with an age cap, mainly because its life expectancy was questioned from the jump, and it's one of black culture's few artforms that hasn't been completely overhauled, sabotaged, destroyed and rewritten by ytppl. But, that threat still obviously exists. Add to the fact that many lives of some of its strongest voices within the genre have been cut short violently. The deceased is celebrated almost more than the survivors, which is crazy to think about.

Kodak was rocking fake dreads as well. He attached human hair to his own after chopping it and going in. Same thing Fetty did.

to be fair if it’s Kodak’s own hair he put in the dreads attach back to themselves

plus he been gone for a minute he coulda legit regrew em again

Back
Top Bottom