Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

YouTube is great for that, the more you listen the more its recommendations are accurate, it now recommends me a lot of classical hip hop mixtapes, the more efforts you put at first in "digging" the more it's rewarding then / so that's not answering the question :lol:

bbe50b827877cccb3dbf55b83754a148.gif

Now Da Game...A lot of ###tty featurings and some bad productions, but some great too like the Slow Down's one...
No Limit Top Dogg my favorite with Tha Last Meal / Can't considerate Doggystyle in a ranking, it's a very singular one, bit if I had to, those 3 ones in the top of the list

EDIT : I wasn't wrong at time : Da Game is a #### in the ###to listen :rofl:
I appreciate all of Snoop's NL albums. Would put Top Dogg as my #1 followed closely by Tha Last Meal. I'll agree that Da Game is to Be Sold is kind of all over the place but it does have some gems. Snoop World and Still a G Thang hold lots of nostalgia for me and I still bump them here and there.

I remember asking a few months ago about any DJs who are still doing mixes or blends.

It's definitely a need for that

Some **** I can just throw on and let it ride for a hour a change
Stumbled on DJ Critical Hype. His J. Cole x Neptunes is really good. Kendrick x Dre isn’t bad. 3k x Tyler was a let down but has a few joints on there. Also check out A-OK All Day on YouTube. A bunch of blend/mashup tapes on there. But they are usually focused on one artist and producer instead of different artists like the old tapes.

DJ Green Lantern was my favorite by far with the blends.

Mood
mood.jpg

Now Da Game...A lot of ###tty featurings and some bad productions, but some great too like the Slow Down's one...
No Limit Top Dogg my favorite with Tha Last Meal / Can't considerate Doggystyle in a ranking, it's a very singular one, bit if I had to, those 3 ones in the top of the list

I’m not a big Snoop fan when it comes to his albums. Doubt I like more than half of any album of his.

Da Game is to Be Sold is one of my favorite Snoop albums. Those slow NL beats fit him perfect. But you could get rid of like 6-7 of those songs.

Doggystyle is cool but that album never hit me the way it hit most. There’s probably 5-6 songs on there I never play.

Mood
mood.jpg

"Da Game..." is his best album, imo.

Back
Top Bottom