Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1618031208881.jpeg

Was in the middle of an X tribute live stream and had to cut it because I found out mid stream my boy was found od’d in his car.

Check in on the ones you love and don’t ignore cries for help.

I like to party every now and then but addiction is a killer.

Last edited:
A lil gem i always liked from x that came after his run.

always thought it was dope.

crazy as it may sound, certain deaths i just dont kno how to take. His death is definitely a loss but the sledgehammer effect that usually comes with it just hasnt hit me yet.

if yall on them drugs, find something constructive to do with that time. Healthy outlets help with kicking those crutches out from under you.

*sidenote* im really not a fan of “RIP”. It just doesnt sit right with me. Iono

If you're an enthusiasts, you care. The average person isn't, so it doesn't matter to them. Back in the day, most consumers of Hip Hop were enthusiasts. Nowadays that isn't the case. If anything, people buy more into the allure of specific rappers than the genre overall. It's almost like computers. Back in the day you had to know Linux and command prompt to use one. People who spent time learning it on their spare time were enthusiasts. Nowadays you don't really need to know either to operate one to do whatever you want do even though it's beneficial to know it.

If you're an enthusiasts, you care. The average person isn't, so it doesn't matter to them. Back in the day, most consumers of Hip Hop were enthusiasts. Nowadays that isn't the case. If anything, people buy more into the allure of specific rappers than the genre overall. It's almost like computers. Back in the day you had to know Linux and command prompt to use one. People who spent time learning it on their spare time were enthusiasts. Nowadays you don't really need to know either to operate one to do whatever you want do even though it's beneficial to know it.

Most people aren't enthusiast though. They don't care. It's like R&B or pop. It's just music to them. It's something they were born in to.

My generation had ownership of hip hop, we wanted it pure, we wanted it authentic, we wanted it ours. It wasn't supposed to last.

These kids today don't give a ****. As long as the beat is knocking, that's all that matters to them.

Most people aren't enthusiast though. They don't care. It's like R&B or pop. It's just music to them. It's something they were born in to.

My generation had ownership of hip hop, we wanted it pure, we wanted it authentic, we wanted it ours. It wasn't supposed to last.

These kids today don't give a ****. As long as the beat is knocking, that's all that matters to them.
Yep, which is why I said back in the day. People use cop cds and look at the credits. Look at who produced what, who wrote what etc. Now, it's the total opposite. I remember playing CD's over and over. Now people listen to an album once and probably skip some songs if the riddim don't hit them right away and are on to the next album. Hell, alot of these cats ain't really saying much on a song.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom