Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Been meaning to ask you, do you think people gonna get tired of hearing him? Or do you think he’ll last most of this decade?
Definitely will last half the decade for sure. He’s been going upward since he came out. Only right he plateaus at some point.

That Lane is fickle & people will run to the new "IT" ***** soon enough, not to say he won't still be hot but the turn is going to come.

We seen it with Everyone who held that mantle at a point, Future, 2Chainz, Migos etc etc

Lil Baby doesn't have a project that comes close to this

1623773260336.jpeg

I've said it plenty of times I don't hear this great artist people say Lil Baby is but he cool. I like his features. I get his appeal, he fits right it to what people wanna hear now in mainstream rap.

This is exactly how I feel about him. I'm not "wow'd" by him but he's cool. He seems more cool as a person than anything to me.

That Lane is fickle & people will run to the new "IT" ***** soon enough, not to say he won't still be hot but the turn is going to come.

We seen it with Everyone who held that mantle at a point, Future, 2Chainz, Migos etc etc
Those aren't accurate comparisons aside from Migos. Fewtch & Chainz is way different, and Chainz wasn't that "street rapper" stylistically. Fewtch maintained consistency since prior and after he upped he stature, and has been a go to guy for 10yrs now. That's rare.

2 Chainz has the street credentials, but his rap style is mad quirky and damn near weird. I'd put him in that Juicy J area.

This is exactly how I feel about him. I'm not "wow'd" by him but he's cool. He seems more cool as a person than anything to me.
The person > the rapper. I’ve been hearing people trash Durk on Voice Of The Heroes and praise Lil Baby as if it’s peak Nas making an album with Un Kasa, but after finally getting through that entire album, there’s honestly not any significant difference between the two. I’m sure people will figure that out 10 years from now.

Speak on it! I think i remember him saying stevie wonder told him he had talent

I got put on to him from that Slide In joint with Perico years ago then I realized he did that hook on Lakers. :lol:

Dom, Nip, June, Le$, Currency, Perico he worked with all of 'em. He been one of the sources for that vibe for a decade.

Back
Top Bottom