Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

They’re doing a terrible job advertising these verzus battles
Specifically the last few. Seems like as Swizz and Timbo cashed out on it and it became super gentrified (the only word I can use for that lol), that’s when the promo for it dipped, which is a bit ironic.

7BC8B95C-AFF0-47FF-8FB7-7FF0CA3FA17C.gif

Did the hip hop historian A&R it?

Didn't really like the fact that this Versus battle took place during the NBA Playoff games. I love Eve and Trina, but basketball is more important to me.
From what I saw, you could tell that this wasn't a good matchup. Trina is more party style rap while Eve is more story telling rap so their song placement didn't sound right.

With that being said... Imma get on Soulja Boy *** for him claiming he from Atlanta. Boy stop that bull... We all remember when you was an unknown cat from Batesville, Mississippi pretending to be a Gangsta Disciple.

Didn't really like the fact that this Versus battle took place during the NBA Playoff games. I love Eve and Trina, but basketball is more important to me.
From what I saw, you could tell that this wasn't a good matchup. Trina is more party style rap while Eve is more story telling rap so their song placement didn't sound right.

With that being said... Imma get on Soulja Boy *** for him claiming he from Atlanta. Boy stop that bull... We all remember when you was an unknown cat from Batesville, Mississippi pretending to be a Gangsta Disciple.

Eve led off with “Tambourine”, I knew she was losing after this and that’s before I even knew it was 2am in London

Last edited:
finessence finessence did Kodak get his flow from Trina? The cadence gets REALLY obvious at the 0:14 mark.

It's that drawn out cadence he be doin, kinda sounds like he's whining:

Eve led off with “Tambourine”, I knew she was losing after this and that’s before I even knew to was 2am in London

They played that song until it got annoying that summer. Does she not think it was hit? 07 in general was a standout year for Swizz.

Back
Top Bottom