Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I saw some stories last night saying a rapper got hit 6-7 times.
Had no idea it was TJay. Damn man. :smh:

Rap/Hood **** Crazy

I just saw a post where Kay flocks MOM (The kid is currently awaiting trial for a murder on camera) was dropping clapping emojis over him saying he's GDK.......... He's from the bronx where there's damn near 0 reason to have beef with GD's :smh:

some ****** just don't have a real shot yo

I aint mad at people sayin the Yellow Album is overrated. Cuz he definitely has multiple projects that were better or on par when that dropped. I think people get offended by the word "overrated" in general like its a knock or that youre ultimately calling it bad/trash when that is not the case. In my opinion The Yellow Album was just a special moment in time for Dom and his music cuz it was still smooth playa Dom music but it also was more polished sound that brought him more attention from the masses. I was in college when it dropped and I had been rockin with Dom's music for a minute and none of my friends was into his stuff, but when the Yellow Album came out the same folks that was ignoring his joints noticed that and doubled back. Even though he is still relatively a lesser known rapper, Yellow Album definitely got him more exposure than anything else he did. So I def dont disagree with you saying its overrated by any means, but him getting that spotlight for that time was appreciated.

Cant lie tho I wish he woulda took off a little bit more, cuz I definitely expected him to blow after Yellow Album but it is what it is. Still one of my favorite artists ever. The music he makes is basically catered to my personality.

I’m sure he has his reasons but if he signed right after Yellow Album he would have had a big run. He would have caught that last little pocket where you could have hits without everything being super tough, dumbed down or trapped out lol

Always remember Ross saying he was tryna sign Nip, Dom and Wiz all in the early 2010’s. Would have been a hell of a roster

e5dqg649h8781.jpg

Back
Top Bottom