Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

i'm not gonna lie i forgot that Chris Brown was locked up, son has survived a domestic attack on one of the biggest stars of the generation, Jail, Label Drama and is still a Grade A superstar today

One of the rare instances where talent beat out everything

i'm not gonna lie i forgot that Chris Brown was locked up, son has survived a domestic attack on one of the biggest stars of the generation, Jail, Label Drama and is still a Grade A superstar today

Different time.

Chris do that now in 2022 he’s getting packed up with the swiftness.

Different time.

Negative. 2022 is just as worse as 2009. Y’all act like we live in an upstanding world.

Teachers quitting their jobs at alarming rates because of terrible students, mass murders are at an all time high… Country is in the s******er.

Trump was elected president…..

But Chris Brown would get packed up? :lol: :lol:

Different time.

Meh Tory allegedly clapped the new it girl in hiphop & is still moving around quite fine. I would expect the same thing to happen now that happened then, He gets dropped by all sponsors, lays low for a year or two... resurface with some heat and he would be right back in the position he's at now.

Meh Tory allegedly clapped the new it girl in hiphop & is still moving around quite fine. I would expect the same thing to happen now that happened then, He gets dropped by all sponsors, lays low for a year or two... resurface with some heat and he would be right back in the position he's at now.

Yup

Chris’ talent was always going to beat (no pun intended) anything. The only thing that might’ve effected him, is if he was on some sexual assault time. But gladly, he’s not.

Dude fan base is insanely loyal. There is real cognitive dissonance with him. I’ve witnessed it. And I understand it.

The craziest thing to me is, he could be even BIGGER. Like, think about the level of star Rihanna is, without dropping music. He was on his way to where Drake is now…but with more talent, and possibly even more success…had he never wilded like he did.

Talent 9/10 will make people overlook a lot of ****. We all knew R Kelly did it…..all of us.

No disrespect to Tory and Meg. But they’re not even remotely as big as Chris and Rihanna.

Cats were calling Chris the next Michael. I vividly remember women saying they didn’t care Chris beat Rihanna in public. I don’t think they’d say that in 2022.

No disrespect to Tory and Meg. But they’re not even remotely as big as Chris and Rihanna.

Cats were calling Chris the next Michael. I vividly remember women saying they didn’t care Chris beat Rihanna in public. I don’t think they’d say that in 2022.

Dude was stalking and harassing Karreuche in like 2016/2017….and they still didn’t care :lol:

It would be no dif for HIM. He different

Because of social media the blowback would seem even larger, but ultimately like wavy said above. As long as he wasn't on no sexual assault **** Chris Brown is too talented & makes too many people big money for him to ever truly flame out.

He did take a huge hit in regards to star status (maybe for his benefit in the long run) & even scaled down he's selling out arena tours with one of the biggest rappers in the world

Dude was stalking and harassing Karreuche in like 2016/2017….and they still didn’t care :lol:

It would be no dif for HIM. He different

I mean that’s Karaoke folks don’t love her like that.

My point was if Chris beat up Billionaire Rihanna in 2022 they’re on his head.

Grade A Superstar might be a bit of a stretch.

Grade A Superstar might be a bit of a stretch.

The tour was considered a big success, grossing over $30,100,000 in its 37 shows, selling out most of the venues, and being the third most successful hip-hop tour of 2019, after Travis Scott's "Astroworld – Wish You Were Here Tour" and Eminem's "Rapture 2019"[48]

- This from 2019, this summer he's headlining with Lil Baby

I think because he doesn't get the same media love as other stars (for obvious reasons) people tend to underestimate just how big he still is

Yup

Chris’ talent was always going to beat (no pun intended) anything. The only thing that might’ve effected him, is if he was on some sexual assault time. But gladly, he’s not.

Dude fan base is insanely loyal. There is real cognitive dissonance with him. I’ve witnessed it. And I understand it.

The craziest thing to me is, he could be even BIGGER. Like, think about the level of star Rihanna is, without dropping music. He was on his way to where Drake is now…but with more talent, and possibly even more success…had he never wilded like he did.

Talent 9/10 will make people overlook a lot of ****. We all knew R Kelly did it…..all of us.

This. 100%.. Breezy was on his way to unreal levels of mega stardom before he beat up Rihanna...then he had to do the damage control run....He definitely was on his way to where Drizzy is at currently, but instead we got mixtapes with Tyga and major Piru energy. and STILL that man rose back up to peak superstardom again, but its gonna always be crazy knowing that he coulda been wayyyyy bigger than what we are seeing right now.

1656000563678.jpeg

Also Lil Tjay's friends who had guns too who probably saved his life by having them are getting charged with unlawful possession too. Which leads me to ask for those that live up north in New York/New Jersey what is the benefit to living up there?

Cost of living is sky high, rodent infested, it's cold most of the year and y'all are expected to work in snow, the traffic is terrible, the sports teams suck, all the criminals have guns up there but it's next to impossible to carry one legally, y'all women talk mad aggressive.

I don't get it.
I personally won’t live up there but I understand why ppl do…A lot of ppl don’t wanna live in the south/middle of the country no matter how cheap it is or easy to carry guns, n it’s a long list of reasons for that :lol:

Women still say that to this day. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom