Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

closing the show with a house track by Taraji

trying-not-to-laugh-guy.gif

Moe yo, coming downnnn so clean….. moe yo gone maintainnnnn….

Whoaaaaaa…. I done came dineeeee, grip my grain….

1,2, 3, that’s the ****in 3rd!

Moe yo, from the city of the syrup!!!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Feels like they’re really trying to make her happen. Yea she can probably sing but it’s the sex appeal propping her up.

Anytime you've had a million singles and no album.....

They need to stop the stripper/singer act. Doing the same with Normani. It's already done with female rappers.

It's like these labels don't know how to market women otherwise. I mean even looking at HER, her numbers were rather low for how big her single was. I wonder what Jazmine did.

They need to stop the stripper/singer act. Doing the same with Normani. It's already done with female rappers.

It's like these labels don't know how to market women otherwise. I mean even looking at HER, her numbers were rather low for how big her single was. I wonder what Jazmine did.

It’s like Meg. You’d think they sell a lot based off their social media’s, airplay, etc.

But majority only like the idea of them and the fact that their half naked most of the time. People/fans could care less about their music

I’m also surprised at Jaz finding a second wind. She be talking that talk too :lol: Maybe (relative) subtlety is key

It’s like Meg. You’d think they sell a lot based off their social media’s, airplay, etc.

But majority only like the idea of them and the fact that their half naked most of the time. People/fans could care less about their music

Nothing is differentiated, because everybody is selling the same thing...sex, either lyrically, visually or both.

What separates one from another, she twerks better or has a better body? It's sort of crazy.

I don't know how women keep up with these girl rappers and can tell their songs apart. I just know them from who looks good and who doens't.

That's why I always say, who is it being marketed too, because it seems to be marketed towards us, but I'm not going to your concerts or buying merch or streaming your ****. They can't promote women empowerment beyond sex?

I’m also surprised at Jaz finding a second wind. She be talking that talk too :lol: Maybe (relative) subtlety is key

Jazmine ain't really even subtle.

I think hers is different, because it's to a older market now that she's in her 30's.

but it is sort of amazing, she was sort of dead, and came back ten years from when she was hot

Nothing is differentiated, because everybody is selling the same thing...sex, either lyrically, visually or both.

What separates one from another, she twerks better or has a better body? It's sort of crazy.

I don't know how women keep up with these girl rappers and can tell their songs apart. I just know them from who looks good and who doens't.

That's why I always say, who is it being marketed too, because it seems to be marketed towards us, but I'm not going to your concerts or buying merch or streaming your ****. They can't promote women empowerment beyond sex?

Definitely marketed towards women. Y’all bumping City Girls in the whip?

The Marketing people & the internet have been pushing hard to make women empowerment synonymous with overly sexual behavior.

Also assuming most of these artist are signing 360 deals I don't think the label is using the music as the main thing, the amount of endorsements someone like Meg or even Saweetie has compared to how their music sells is telling.

that music is just a kickstarter these days

So who is the being half naked and twerking for?

Now that’s a more complicated question.

Do I as a heterosexual man enjoy watching women twerk half naked? Yeah it’s cool sometimes.

However does it make me want to hear their music? No. I mean most of it is just the women counterpart to trap/drill music. I think the end goal is just make club anthems and songs that can be danced to on Tik Tok.

Jasmine actually is a singer/songwriter. And she was big before social media ever got to the point it’s at. I believe “bust your windows” came out in like 2008.

Singers like her have a real, core fanbase

The Marketing people & the internet have been pushing hard to make women empowerment synonymous with overly sexual behavior.

Also assuming most of these artist are signing 360 deals I don't think the label is using the music as the main thing, the amount of endorsements someone like Meg or even Saweetie has compared to how their music sells is telling.

that music is just a kickstarter these days

My thing is that the Latto's, Meg's and Sweetie's are the few. with more label support. It's literally a thousand stripper rappers right now. Either ones right off the pole or faking like they just got off in order to fit in.

Chicks who were just IG candy like Rubi Rose who suddenly become artist, because some dudes thinks he can get a lick writing and get them caught up in a deal. I keep wondering if it's a front, because women are more expensive to maintain. I know already these chicks can't have their paperwork straight, because most aren't even real artist. They're happy for the fame and image of money.

It's the exact opposite of the Nicki days. I'm just waiting for the **** to crash.

Back
Top Bottom