Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by brivera716, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Nike Jordan

Nike Jordan

2. doxen5703

doxen5703

Travis doesn’t really sound the way he did when he first got on the scene. He has his own sound now.

tomdiginson and D StaXX like this.
  3. tyisny

tyisny

This podcast has some potential. I love Vince take in the first few minutes on hiphop not really being as lopsided as it may seem. He basically states that the untalented cats are rinse & recyclable, don't have their business in order the majority of the times, and that the real creatives are getting paid the most. which i sort of agree with in MOST cases.

4. mrwavez

mrwavez

That dude (Apex) is actually my friend’s homie. I didn’t believe the story at first but a few of my boys know the apex dude personally so they confirmed it. Crazy stuff

5. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

I don't know about. :lol:

6. nawghtyhare

nawghtyhare

So did they run the fade or nah
    Travis sounded like he didn’t really wanna fight
    Not cause he a sucka
    But like he just came to talk
    And check the temperature
    And torey just decided to go 0-100.........real quick
    For no reason
    Like dudes can’t even have convos nowadays
    Without folks tryna do to much for the cameras
    And folks around
    Seems like what torey was doing
    I really dislike dude
    And torey......matter of fact
    I’m a start calling him by his real name
    Daystar is trash I really don’t like dude
    Yeah I’m a hater
    So ****ing what
    Daystar just gives me those
    BAN vibes
    And I’ll say it to ur face u sucka *** *****
    I dare u to run up
    Pm me daystar
    And I’ll run the fade
    I don’t even ig or fb like that
    So u ain’t gotta worry about me recording nothin or letting folks know
    I really don’t like u

Carreraa, Lakers, doxen5703 and 3 others like this.
  7. mrwavez

mrwavez

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. Maximus Meridius

Maximus Meridius

:lol:

Bet you won't pull to his next Oakland show

Lakers likes this.
  9. goledensilence

goledensilence

10. Proposition Joe

Proposition Joe formerly rollinwithangel

[​IMG]

mrwavez likes this.
  11. nom de guerre

nom de guerre

They fighting over who use more autotune

Nujabez, OTG and Lakers like this.
  12. mrwavez

mrwavez

Random but this is such a cool commercial :lol:

I like how hip hop culture is now being noticed as dominant :pimp:

13. nawghtyhare

nawghtyhare

I mean I’ll pass by
    But I ain’t paying to get in
    To give daystar the fade
    He gonna have to meet me outside
    Or let me get in for free
    To give him the fade

stopcappin likes this.
  14. nawghtyhare

nawghtyhare

I don’t
    This is what exactly what happened
    Before white folks took over rock

numbah1grimey and Hahahaha like this.
  15. harlemtothebronx

harlemtothebronx

This was super dope, but Vince Staples is annoying as hell. He knows what he’s talking about, but son be talking over OGs.:lol:

I like Vince and he seems like a very smart dude, but son be going a mile a minute.

EDIT:

RE: Torey:

How you tell someone to handle bings like a man when he comes up to you when he sees you to speak about the issue y’all have.

Walls closing in on Torey.:lol:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  16. Lakers

Lakers formerly ginfante

Tory on “Litty” (Meek song) sounds like a carbon copy of Travis :lol:

17. Hahahaha

Hahahaha formerly ballerific703

Wypipo definitely trying to take over and make it their's. It's getting real soft, commercialized and safe.

18. nawghtyhare

nawghtyhare

I AGREE

19. wavycrocket

wavycrocket

That shorty from stranger things? Wow. He done hit a growth spurt like **** :lol:

20. mrwavez

mrwavez

He made that song though. Meek was trash on it and got outshined as usual

21. VARNELL HILL

VARNELL HILL

Vince Staples rambles alot but during his streams of consciousness he dropped a few gems.

When he spoke on Art and Commerce and how Hip-Hop factors into that...I had to salute.

The game was bought and sold a LONG time ago...and alot of your favorite rappers/moguls were responsible for it...no matter how dope their music might have been. That's why I can only laugh when *****s start talking about "gatekeepers" and "preserving culture".

Tuh.

The idealized "culture" of Hip Hop that people want to believe in doesn't actually exist. Why doesn't Waka Flocka go ban the jews that forced him to go sit at another table cause he wasn't an earner for them anymore?

To piggy back off another thing he said...remove all labels and genres away and what you have is a spirit of BLACK music that influences the world and it changes it's face every few generations. At this point...i'm waiting for the next evolution of what that is and hopefully the commercial structure it operates in doesn't fall into white people's... the wrong hands.

P C H, 6pac, HOU$TON and 4 others like this.
  22. tyisny

tyisny

Vince Comparing Hip-Hop to Art sounded slick in the beginning until i further analyzed it a bit & it's the same old thought that artist shouldn't get paid or that "true" artist are broke. While i do believe in the concept that hiphop doesn't demand the monetary value of other forms of Art, it does (The Good Hiphop atleast) hold value and worth through the years & Times. Illmatic is 25+ in and is still referenced constantly, Classes are being taught on tupac's discography, it's still something that the hiphop culture holds in high regards.

His comparison to art kind of throws me off because while the artist may not get recognition for their art until years later, it's usually due to capitalism & Influence from the rich. Their are plenty of art dealers who treat art the way execs treat rap, they may not have true understanding of the artform, it may mean nothing to them. but a few people in the know stamp it & now it's the art dealers job to promote & create hype.

This idea that the "culture" doesn't exist or that we don't control it only happens when we look at it in monetary forms & from a "mainstream" view point. like they were saying on the show their are plenty of artist who exist, tour & release great music w/o the backing of the label or mainstream media. The problem is that at some point mainstream media tricked people into thinking they are the culture & that they dictate things because they back more money into it.

23. VARNELL HILL

VARNELL HILL

That's not what he said at all. He specifically spoke on hip-hop having an industry that is DRIVEN by commerce and materialism and. An art dealer's job is to SELL art. The art dealer isn't influencing the artist on what to make. There is no fine art equivalent of a "radio record". Basquiat wasn't saying..."damn I gotta use these brush strokes cause artist a, b, c, and d are doing this and this is what's popping". He's not submitting a painting to an art dealer for the art dealer to tell him..."hmm...you know what I think you should make this like this so it will sell more". Art is supposed to appreciate. The guy that copped a Picasso for 100 million can flip that down the line.

How much can you or Nas sell Illmatic for right now? I know how much the publishing company that owns it can sell it for.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    P C H, 6pac and mrwavez like this.
  24. VARNELL HILL

VARNELL HILL

On another note...

@wavycrocket my homie played a Lucci song that had a Killa Cam sample. What's the name of the song?

wavycrocket likes this.
  25. 6pac

6pac