Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Big Bank could easily fill a Taxstone lane. ***** that normally don’t open up...are comfortable with him. And the rapor and convo is natural.

Future wasn’t guarded at all. Real good listen. Fire mix too :pimp:

Big bank? Is he chill enough to do this with other artist though? he don’t seem like the type to always play it cool like an interviewer should, he comes across as someone that would instantly smack the **** outta you on spot you for coming at him incorrectly :lol:

@wavycrocket

It gets tiring hearing NY cats talking about music from other cities. If you haven’t been immersed in that place’s culture to experience the way the music resonates in different places, you shouldn’t even speak on it.

giphy.gif

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Time the **** out, **** this mean?

I know way more about the south and west than most that come from where I come from. I know my ****, grew up on it. I know growing up I had a lot of older heads telling me to not listen to the south music. **** was trash. That made me want to hear it more. Then I met a kid from New Orleans and a kid from Memphis and they put me on to some more ****.

I’m also not gonna kill Joe for however he said ATLiens cause I’ve never heard anyone say it and I don’t even know how to say it but if you’re from a certain area you’re gonna know more than the outsiders.

We’ve talked about this before. I’d love to hear Joe do a show with Killer Mike and Warren G or something. People from each region.

Ya'll are basically saying the same thing, but I agree with them someone who grew up in and experienced the music from that region with the other locals would be cool, whether they dig all regions or not which we all seem to do here. Having someone rep the South who can describe the real energy of **** like when 'No mo play in GA' dropped etc.

@wavycrocket Agreed. He’d be good in that space. Especially on some down South ****.

It gets tiring hearing NY cats talking about music from other cities. If you haven’t been immersed in that place’s culture to experience the way the music resonates in different places, you shouldn’t even speak on it. We need a west coast cat with credibility speaking to the west coast scene, a Midwest g spitting their game, a legend from the south like Big Bank talking that real.

Right now all we have is Joe Budden Rory and Mal. Hardly anyone questions then when it comes to NY commentary, but dudes be off in practically all of their other takes.

Only southern rappers Joe and nem know much about is Ross, Jeezy and Rae Sremmurd. They be lost on everybody else.

I’m also not gonna kill Joe for however he said ATLiens cause I’ve never heard anyone say it and I don’t even know how to say it but if you’re from a certain area you’re gonna know more than the outsiders.

In 96 that excuse would be ok but in 2017 this man didn't know how to say ATLiens. :lol:

He's never been around that culture to be familiar with that album. I remember when their single Me And You was out I never heard anybody around here have trouble saying the album title. DMV always been familiar with southern culture.

Sony Music has decided to dissolve its working relationship with R. Kelly, Variety has learned.

No external announcement of the move is planned in the immediate future, says a source, who added that the company took its time to wade through the issues “responsibly” and avoid legal ramifications. R. Kelly was removed from the RCA Recordswebsite, which lists the label’s signed artists, shortly after 10 a.m. PT on Friday, Jan. 18.
Soooo he get all his publishing back??? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Only southern rappers Joe and nem know much about is Ross, Jeezy and Rae Sremmurd. They be lost on everybody else.

I've heard Joe extensively discuss Scarface & Outkast (specifically Andre) on several occasions during the show. Joe is damn near 40 he gonna talk about the dudes close to his range & older. Ya'll want him up there discussing Dolph & Moneybagg Yo? :lol:

this **** ain't even specific to regions, it ain't like Joe out here giving in depth musical takes on Flip Deniro or Neek bucks. Joe has made it very clear that he don't listen to a lot of the newer cats, and most of the time when he's discussing these dudes it's usually something barely surrounding the actual music.

There's plenty of people who speak on the younger generation of music, for whatever reason the content just isn't as entertaining as Joe's it just is what it is. Ya'll act like Joe up there putting on for the Don Q's, Dave East, A-boogie's on a weekly basis :lol:

If I was Russell Wilson, I’d slap fire. Don’t speak on no other man...

But hey, Future listens to what IG bops, strippers, and his BMs tell him to do.... and Bow Wows sloppy 2nds
Why would Russ do that? He took Ciara from Future and has Future's son calling him Daddy. Future's son likes being around Russ more than Future. Only thing Russ could do to make the deal even better is play that "you'll never eva get your bish back" song that Future dropped while kissing all on Ciara. :lol:

When rappers give generic, PR answers to questions that are asked to them then they're "not being real". When they say how they really feel then "they shouldn't be speaking on it" or "clout chasing".

Lose, lose situation lol

I've heard Joe extensively discuss Scarface & Outkast (specifically Andre) on several occasions during the show. Joe is damn near 40 he gonna talk about the dudes close to his range & older. Ya'll want him up there discussing Dolph & Moneybagg Yo? :lol:

I mean he does deep dives into Rae Sremmurd all the time so it ain't a thing where he's sticking to his age group. :lol:

The only southern artists he really knows about are a couple super mainstream ones. I've never heard him talk about Face and when he does talk about Andre it's the same generic "he's great" kinda talk. Never heard go into detail about the ATLiens (he don't even know the name) or Aquemini or Stankonia. Never heard him talk about The World Is Yours or The Diary. He just names the go to "good" rappers from the south.

He never talks about 90's southern hip hop. It's obvious he's not that familiar. :lol:

Soooo he get all his publishing back??? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Pub and label deals are separate. I don’t know what his pub deal is.

Funny thing is there was none of this when Chris Brown (who is on the same label) beat the **** out of Rihanna so this really comes down to who is expendable in 2019 and who isn’t and has very little to do with a label doing anything “responsibly”.

I mean he does deep dives into Rae Sremmurd all the time so it ain't a thing where he's sticking to his age group. :lol:

The only southern artists he really knows about are a couple super mainstream ones. I've never heard him talk about Face and when he does talk about Andre it's the same generic "he's great" kinda talk. Never heard go into detail about the ATLiens (he don't even know the name) or Aquemini or Stankonia. Never heard him talk about The World Is Yours or The Diary. He just names the go to "good" rappers from the south.

He never talks about 90's southern hip hop. It's obvious he's not that familiar. :lol:

How many actual artist or albums is he doing that for in general? Your gonna get the Hov, Your gonna get the Nas, Your gonna get the Drakes etc etc. All the people who are gonna attract listens and attention. I've heard them speak at length about thug way too many times, i've heard them speak about 2 Chainz, They've spoken about Ross IN DEPTH at least three times since it's been out. Their the only people i've heard mention anything about Tip's album this year.

All in all they usually keep it exclusive to who's hot in the media currently, they ain't doing deep dives into Method man albums, they ain't running down the history of Fat Joe's career etc etc.... Joe talks about what people usually wanna hear, Ghost, Cam, Styles all dropped this year & all it got was a lil 2 minute mention like any other artist he ****s with from another region would get.

I just don't think people who follow the Joe budden podcast are tuning in to hear 90's hiphop debates, when they do get into that it's usually artist that he Ranks heavily, That doesn't mean he's not familiar with some of the biggest hiphop albums of all time.

We talkin about a ***** that Wrote a 15 MINUTE record about rap, Joe has some wild opinions, but to say he's not familiar with it seems extreme.

Facts. You all know good and damn well Joe doesn’t know much about anything out of the tri-state area. It’s definitely a regional bias with that show. No point in even debating that. :lol:

Their bias to whatever artist is receiving the most attention at the time. I'm not gonna say they're bias because he talks about artist from the south every damn week. now is he knowledgeable about a lot of artist, absolutely. However that same energy is expanded to artist from ALL over. Every time this dude speaks on Dave East he's completely wrong, dude had no idea what A-boogie was doing the past episode.

How many actual artist or albums is he doing that for in general? Your gonna get the Hov, Your gonna get the Nas, Your gonna get the Drakes etc etc. All the people who are gonna attract listens and attention. I've heard them speak at length about thug way too many times, i've heard them speak about 2 Chainz, They've spoken about Ross IN DEPTH at least three times since it's been out. Their the only people i've heard mention anything about Tip's album this year.

All in all they usually keep it exclusive to who's hot in the media currently, they ain't doing deep dives into Method man albums, they ain't running down the history of Fat Joe's career etc etc.... Joe talks about what people usually wanna hear, Ghost, Cam, Styles all dropped this year & all it got was a lil 2 minute mention like any other artist he ****s with from another region would get.

I just don't think people who follow the Joe budden podcast are tuning in to hear 90's hiphop debates, when they do get into that it's usually artist that he Ranks heavily, That doesn't mean he's not familiar with some of the biggest hiphop albums of all time.

We talkin about a ***** that Wrote a 15 MINUTE record about rap, Joe has some wild opinions, but to say he's not familiar with it seems extreme.

2Chainz and Tip are super mainstream. I'm listening to it now and their saying "Future makes music for the kids" like he's playboy carti or juice world. :lol: Future been out since 2011.

They are just outta touch with most **** outside of NY and they damn near admit it. It's cool, I don't think anybody is trippin.

2Chainz and Tip are super mainstream. I'm listening to it now and their saying "Future makes music for the kids" like he's playboy carti or juice world. :lol: Future been out since 2011.

They are just outta touch with most **** outside of NY and they damn near admit it. It's cool, I don't think anybody is trippin.

My only point is that he's out of touch musically with Most artist who ain't super mainstream or an actual fan of :lol:.

and also I get what he was saying as far as future making music for the Kids, Not that it's strictly like that but future's market def targets a younger audience also. I mean dude just said he didn't wanna publicly admit to quitting lean because his fanbase may stop messing with him :lol:. That's indicative of a pretty young fanbase.

In comparison to guys like Tip, Jeezy, Ross where there projects aren't really looking to catch the fanbase that a Carti/Juice World would have. Future's music & image is still coveted by that demo, despite his music still holding value with an older crowd too.

Word. Nothing to trip about. Magic still cool, just biased is all.

Still gonna peep the Saturday joint.

Back
Top Bottom