Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cole been putting out #1 albums since 2011, and that's not counting Warm up, Friday Night Lights.

Drake been putting out #1 albums since 2009. So Far Gone had the #1 song in the country on it.

Kendrick been popping for 9 years now. #1 albums, grammy's, mixtapes,

Their rise coincides with rap's rise in mainstream populous, but nevertheless, how many rappers you know stayed hot for a decade? For that alone they're legends.

You got a point but the #1 albums thing is more or less be scheduling (back then it was more obvious)

Dudes been rapping about this woman for a whole decade. At this point it would make more sense if you didn't smash

There’s more to being a legend than being successful
Hell there’s legends
That are half as successful
Or made less than half the money drake made
I swear y’all so trash
Cole drake and Kendrick
Ain’t no legends

There’s more to being a legend than being successful
Hell there’s legends
That are half as successful
Or made less than half the money drake made
I swear y’all so trash
Cole drake and Kendrick
Ain’t no legends
I might agree with Cole but drake and Kendrick are definitely legends at this point. Both have put out classic albums imo.

I listened I like most of it. Didn’t need the Eminem verse though.

Those songs with JID and 6lack are dope though.

I might agree with Cole but drake and Kendrick are definitely legends at this point. Both have put out classic albums imo.
A classic album doesn’t necessarily make u a legend either
There’s a culmination of things that make a legend
Classic album is one of the check boxes
But not be all and end all
And I ain’t tryna take anything away from them
But folks gotta relax
Everybody can’t be a legend
And that’s ok

A classic album doesn’t necessarily make u a legend either
There’s a culmination of things that make a legend
Classic album is one of the check boxes
But not be all and end all
And I ain’t tryna take anything away from them
But folks gotta relax
Everybody can’t be a legend
And that’s ok
They have multiple classic albums though

You got a point but the #1 albums thing is more or less be scheduling (back then it was more obvious)

Dudes been rapping about this woman for a whole decade. At this point it would make more sense if you didn't smash

Drake been rapping about girls he tricked with, then left him after he wanted a relationship, and they didn’t...

its just a a stupid argument. Thats like saying the NBA has no current future hall of famers. Its cats with no rings right now ballin thats gonna be in the hall... they are legends still. Same with rap.

Ppl denying the top three rappers that have dominated for damn near a decade legendary status is just hate.

Its no criteria available that these dudes would not qualify as legends if you are being honest and objective.

Hell Cole a legend just off not fumbling the Jay Z cosign and like every other rapper not name Kanye West.

Back
Top Bottom