Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

D7BiWUmW0AAli0_.jpg

She should stick with this instead of rap

Last edited:
I was just thinking about Nicki, her career on the super decline. Cardi, Megan and City Girls all climbing now.

Her lane is no longer clear.

This is the best description of Nicki's career. Saying it's on a super decline is an overstatement. Last album went platinum, sold 185k first week is hardly a super decline.

The way she reacts to her success is wild but she's still doing very well.
Nowadays the competition is sticking and is a real threat. She's gotta decide if she wants to compete as a rapper or sing the songs she really wants to make

This is the best description of Nicki's career. Saying it's on a super decline is an overstatement. Last album went platinum, sold 185k first week is hardly a super decline.

The way she reacts to her success is wild but she's still doing very well.
Nowadays the competition is sticking and is a real threat. She's gotta decide if she wants to compete as a rapper or sing the songs she really wants to make

She's the mature chick in rap now, and she can't be doing the same songs that these two dozen other chicks are. Foxy, Kim and Eve never got a chance to mature, she has that chance and extend her career and not just be a nostalgia artist.

Her fan base is 10 years older from when she first started. She still has a chance to separate herself.

She needs to add some substance and talk about adult stuff and not just I'm the queen and I deserve to be respected.

18 year old girls have other woman rappers out now who are closer to their age.

She's the mature chick in rap now, and she can't be doing the same songs that these two dozen other chicks are. Foxy, Kim and Eve never got a chance to mature, she has that chance and extend her career and not just be a nostalgia artist.

Her fan base is 10 years older from when she first started. She still has a chance to separate herself.

She needs to add some substance and talk about adult stuff and not just I'm the queen and I deserve to be respected.

18 year old girls have other woman rappers out now who are closer to their age.

But is she going to rap that or is she gonna sing it? I think she's personally over rapping and prefers to sing or do more "pop" music but she can't stand the backlash of that decision

The number of raunchy women rappers is massive now so it would def behoove her to move past that part of her career but she's been choosing to lash out at criticisms so I don't think she's ready to make that move just yet. She also may not think she needs to make more mature women rap and keep trying to compete with Cardi and Megan and City girls. She kinda can so I see why she is still doing it

Eiht blessed Menace and Boyz

But is she going to rap that or is she gonna sing it? I think she's personally over rapping and prefers to sing or do more "pop" music but she can't stand the backlash of that decision

The number of raunchy women rappers is massive now so it would def behoove her to move past that part of her career but she's been choosing to lash out at criticisms so I don't think she's ready to make that move just yet. She also may not think she needs to make more mature women rap and keep trying to compete with Cardi and Megan and City girls. She kinda can so I see why she is still doing it

She's always been sort of the female Drake, but her songs haven't popped like his. And 30 dudes didn't move in to the Drake lane.

Has Nicki even done the feminist thing in her raps? She needs to reinvent herself.

Does Nicki write her songs? She might want to get some outside writers for the songs she sings. I think fans could separate that from her writing her raps.

Last edited:
Man Cardi, City Girls and Megan is doing everything Nicki used to kill, just compartmentalized into several different acts with varying degrees of ratchetness :lol: hard to compete with

City Girls doing the straight up Trina esque ****. Cardi dipping and dabbing in the Pop lane now and then Meg pushing the moreso “rapper” ****

Uh, uh, uh, I been had skills, Cristal spills
Hide bills in Brazil, about a mill', the ice grill
Make it hard to figure me, liquor be kickin' me
In my *******; undercover, Donnie Brasco
Left my East Coast girl the Bentley to twirl (uh-huh)
My West Coast shorty push the chrome 740
Rockin' Redman and Naughty, oh, where my kitty cat?
Half a brick of yay in the bra where her ******* at
And I'm livin' that for life, we push weight
**** the state pen, **** **** at Penn State
Listen close, it's Francis, the Praying Mantis
Attack with the MAC, my left hand spit
Right hand grip on the whip for the smooth getaway
Player haters, get away or my lead will spray
Squeeze off 'til I'm empty, don't tempt me
Only to Hell I send thee, all about the Benjis, what

One of my favorite verses of all time. BIG's rhyme schemes were always crazy.

Last edited:
She's always been sort of the female Drake, but her songs haven't popped like his. And 30 dudes didn't move in to the Drake lane.

Has Nicki even done the feminist thing in her raps? She needs to reinvent herself.

Does Nicki write her songs? She might want to get some outside writers for the songs she sings. I think fans could separate that from her writing her raps.

Nah, Nicki's style has changed up a few times over the years. She started out real hood as the new Lil Kim, then she went Haru Juku Barbie, got a lil "weird" with the random voice changes mid verse, started easing into the pop sound, started singing and is now trying to do it all.

That does remind me of my theory that Drake doesn't really wanna rap like how folks want him to, similar to Nicki. I think they both want to do mostly just the singin' stuff right now

Nicki certainly does need to reinvent herself but I think she has her ear so tuned to whoever her critics are that she only thinks she needs to prove that she's still on top when she ought to just be enjoying her enormous fan base and feeding them

She say she write her songs. I'd love to hear a singin' album from her. That track on Carter V "Dark Side of the Moon" is great. She performed so well on that song and if she has 9+ more of those I'd be more than happy to run that a few times

Man Cardi, City Girls and Megan is doing everything Nicki used to kill, just compartmentalized into several different acts with varying degrees of ratchetness :lol: hard to compete with

City Girls doing the straight up Trina esque ****. Cardi dipping and dabbing in the Pop lane now and then Meg pushing the moreso “rapper” ****

I gotta say I didn't expect rachet woman hip-hop to take off like this lol

It's an interesting field to watch, curious to see how long they stay in that pocket since Cardi seems to be waning away from it

Back
Top Bottom