Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That girl’s flow on Swing My Way, damn. She bodied the flow

Got contact eye to eye
Then I walked over to him slowly
I know that you don't know me
But this might be my only shot at
A tenderoni, he told me that we can do this
i follow the white girl on ig

Why can’t he say that? He’s not wrong and I’m sure he’s aware of Rapsody and any other real rapping broad. When it comes to mainstream and the radio, we only hearing one type of sound from women. Offbeat stripper music.

I don't know if people just too sensitive now or what but everything he said is true. All these new female rappers that start to get shine are lacking talent. Cardi might actually be the least talented one. Kim, Foxy, Eve was on the radio a lot and they could also rap really good and hold their own with the males in their crew. Good for these thots and IG model rappers, get your bread but their actual talent is last on the list as far as their appeal.

JD talking about the stripper rappers, but not the dudes who rap about the same s****?? Ain’t JD on love and hip hop??? Like bruh, you a benefactor of this stuff you’re criticizing :lol: :rofl: :lol:

And I bet MONEY he follows a million strippers or “IG models”. He’s also 45+ years old and he still be in the club taking photos. I’m tired of the hypocrisy. Like bruh, this is the sound that y’all wanted and have promoted for the past 5-7 years. Deal with it.

JD probably ain’t even internet savvy enough to discover other musicians. People in their 40s and 50s gotta stop this self righteous BS. They’re some of them BIGGEST consumers and supporters of that love and hip hop/basketball wives, stripper music, bulls***. People kill me

Last edited:
he said what he said.
anybody that listened to hip hop prior to 2003 should feel the same way.

hip hop in general, along with r&b is in shambles. rappers singing 90% of the time and mumbling words...can't even say bars because they don't have any and they aren't witty enough for the content to not be stale. everybody biting everybody.
female rappers...the underground is legit but mainstream na. I said it in another thread but all megan seems to talk about is her *****, same with nicki minaj, same with city girls, etc. if there is an etc. because the gatekeepers won't allow variety.

jd's age has nothing to do with it. he's a legend and is responsible for a ton of hits and careers. his legacy is certified and instead of ****ing on him ppl should listen to him. if him, dame, irv and a few others were allowed, yes allowed, to do what they do then black music in general would be in a far better place instead of these kids out here mumbling nonsense.

and its not on some north/south stuff either. older ppl in the south are far more coherent with far less education than your typical lil nbe ybj yeet yeet.

on some age **** though these kids have no idea what they're missing. they got robbed of great music. smh in disgust at this game.

he said what he said.

hip hop in general, along with r&b is in shambles. rappers singing 90% of the time and mumbling words...can't even say bars because they don't have any and they aren't witty enough for the content to not be stale. everybody biting everybody.
female rappers...the underground is legit but mainstream na. I said it in another thread but all megan seems to talk about is her *****, same with nicki minaj, same with city girls, etc. if there is an etc. because the gatekeepers won't allow variety.

jd's age has nothing to do with it. he's a legend and is responsible for a ton of hits and careers. his legacy is certified and instead of ****ing on him ppl should listen to him. if him, dame, irv and a few others were allowed, yes allowed, to do what they do then black music in general would be in a far better place instead of these kids out here mumbling nonsense.

and its not on some north/south stuff either. older ppl in the south are far more coherent with far less education than your typical lil nbe ybj yeet yeet.

on some age **** though these kids have no idea what they're missing. they got robbed of great music. smh in disgust at this game.

You doing all this talking but cats like JD and them are to blame! They promote this kind of music. Y’all gotta stop getting mad at the youth when their parents ain’t even trying to introduce them to this music you speak off.

The PEOPLE created this monster so hey, y’all deal with it.

he said what he said.

Things aren’t so bad.

You doing all this talking but cats like JD and them are to blame! They promote this kind of music. Y’all gotta stop getting mad at the youth when their parents ain’t even trying to introduce them to this music you speak off.

The PEOPLE created this monster so hey, y’all deal with it.
na. like I said before, JD been out since whodini was popping and he was popping in the video.
i'm not gonna sit here and **** on the man. he gave us classics. timeless music.

he rode waves but he created them too.

like I said, he said what he said and I said what I said. I stand by it and I meant every world. all this stripper stuff is tridash. its not even being done right anyway.

People got used to the radio spoonfeeding them the "best" rap available and that time is gone
If the hip hop that you hear is "trash" you need to get off your shoulders and go find something that feeds you better
I disagree. music should never be looked at as "spoonfed" because a person relies on the radio. the radio stations need to support something called VARIETY, like they used to do.

the onus isn't on the listener. which ones are the professionals protecting the integrity of the genre?

in a perfect world without payola and all that...but with gatekeepers, ppl getting paid off, etc.? na, the game is the way it is on purpose.
But is the radio the main way we consume music anymore? Sure it's an accurate statement but it's also low hanging fruit. With minimal effort you can find a woman artist who has a different sound.

radio, social media, tv all pushing the same artists.

Things aren’t so bad.
**** trash period.

any female and any male can mumble over a trap beat and succeed as long as you have the accent to match.
no kind of quality check, no artist development, no nothing. just push this artist, make a few dollars, cast them aside, NEXT.
rinse and repeat.

i'm not wrong and neither was JD.

*****s was rapping about the same toxic subject matter back then too...
*****s had variety back then too tho. that's the difference.

I don't know if people just too sensitive now or what but everything he said is true. All these new female rappers that start to get shine are lacking talent. Cardi might actually be the least talented one. Kim, Foxy, Eve was on the radio a lot and they could also rap really good and hold their own with the males in their crew. Good for these thots and IG model rappers, get your bread but their actual talent is last on the list as far as their appeal.
What's the difference between Cardi and Kim?
Both didn't write their rhymes, both deliver club bangers and verses. Cardi actually has pretty good delivery, and they both talk about the same raunchy **** and expensive clothes.

And what we’re trying to tell you is the majority (who I don’t GAF about) are seeking out this stripper, mumbling or whatever type music you want to call it.

I for one, am an old soul. But a lot of these 20s and 30s something seek out that type of music. Megan the Stallion and City Girls are not my flavor. I’ve NEVER pressed play on their music and never will.

But this current young society in America (the majority of them) love that stuff. And sorry but, it will not get any better.

(I don’t know what the music wave is in Europe, Africa, Asia, etc is)

But strictly basing it on an American perspective.
The hip hop golden age is over. Just going to have to listen to older music and 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s R&B. That ship long sailed

And what we’re trying to tell you is the majority (who I don’t GAF about) are seeking out this stripper, mumbling or whatever type music you want to call it.
the majority don't know they have choices. the radio and social media dictates a lot of things for ppl. gatekeepers have blocked variety in the game. period. they are pushing this stuff...its an agenda.

look at r&b.

its not an agenda? keep it 100.

What's the difference between Cardi and Kim?
Both didn't write their rhymes, both deliver club bangers and verses. Cardi actually has pretty good delivery, and they both talk about the same raunchy **** and expensive clothes.
the difference between them is one was out at a time where artist development and variety were things so one was out when missy, da brat, rah digga, etc. were out and the other has a machine behind her and is pushed at a time where if you aren't talking about your ***** over a beat from a producer that copied a producer copying a producer you won't be heard.

There’s enough variety out. Just gotta look
na, there's not. you know what I mean or you are young(er) and don't.

one shouldn't have to do the same search they did back in the day to find underground artists to find variety. variety was on the radio, period. there is none now for most stations in this country.

you guys can make excuses and pretend like the quality didn't go down and like variety is still a thing if you want. i'm not gonna pretend with you.
I just posted vids where LL was 15/16 years old crushing it. now you have 30 year olds pushing drug habbits on teens mumbling.

the majority don't know they have choices. the radio and social media dictates a lot of things for ppl. gatekeepers have blocked variety in the game. period. they are pushing this stuff...its an agenda.

look at r&b.

the difference between them is one was out at a time where artist development and variety were things so one was out when missy, da brat, rah digga, etc. were out and the other has a machine behind her and is pushed at a time where if you aren't talking about your ***** over a beat from a producer that copied a producer copying a producer you won't be heard.

Of course there’s an agenda but people are growing dumber by the second. They’re going to follow no matter what. What I’m asking you is, what’s the solution? If you’ve got 20 and 30 year olds who are the present, and they’re having or already have kids, who are the future. This is the new reality bro.

I’m not going to ever tell people what music to listen to or, what pop culture entertainment to be interested in. You can’t force people who are stuck in their ways, to change

look at r&b.

That didn't make anything I said less true. I was strictly comparing the two artists and the music they make since they were the most prominent of their time respectively.

That didn't make anything I said less true. I was strictly comparing the two artists and the music they make since they were the most prominent of their time respectively.

I’m trying to tell dude that people are going to like what they like, regardless. Artist development and all that, people in this “high positions” don’t care about that. Ironically, the “machine” behind these artists are execs that were around in the 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. these people are the same age or older, than Jermaine Dupri.

Dupri has a record label and can sign whomever he so chooses :lol:

the solution is when you have kids, play quality music. go back to the essence. teach them about what came before hip hop. where the samples came from. transition to hip hop from the 80s-90s. help them develop an appreciation for music.
the problem is we are talking about rappers that don't care and labels, radio stations, etc. that don't care about music.

ppl are growing up in an era where nobody cares and it shows. WE have to take it back. no one will do it for us.
my cousin was so disappointed when his 12 year old daughter (a few years back) wasn't into biggie and told him to turn that old stuff off.

my son (1) nods his head and tries to beat on the wall, tables, etc. anytime boom bap comes on...and parliament, new jack swing, etc.
for a reason.

part of it IS our fault from the illegal downloading. we gotta take it back or watch it continue to go down in flames.

the solution is when you have kids, play quality music. go back to the essence. teach them about what came before hip hop. where the samples came from. transition to hip hop from the 80s-90s. help them develop an appreciation for music.
the problem is we are talking about rappers that don't care and labels, radio stations, etc. that don't care about music.

ppl are growing up in an era where nobody cares and it shows. WE have to take it back. no one will do it for us.
my cousin was so disappointed when his 12 year old daughter (a few years back) wasn't into biggie and told him to turn that old stuff off.

my son (1) nods his head and tries to beat on the wall, tables, etc. anytime boom bap comes on...and parliament, new jack swing, etc.
for a reason.

part of it IS our fault from the illegal downloading. we gotta take it back or watch it continue to go down in flames.

Part of it???? ALL are at fault. Stop blaming these labels and point to the real issue. It’s the FANS not caring. Period.

A lot of people my age (31) or younger weren’t even allowed to listen to hip hop or vulgarity. Good thing my moms was young, and my family loves music. My uncle was a DJ. Grandmother played straight temptations, Teddy Pendergast, Bootsy Collins, James Brown. The supremes, Earth Wind and Fire, bar-Kay’s, Isaac Hayes. Etc

People don’t have soul like that. And it shows. But, what are you to do?

you guys can make excuses and pretend like the quality didn't go down and like variety is still a thing if you want. i'm not gonna pretend with you.
one shouldn't have to do the same search they did back in the day to find underground artists to find variety.
When so much music is so easily accessible, you should have to do research.

Not everyone is tryna hear those old beats that don’t really knock anything. Like I said before, subject matter has always been toxic no matter how you slice it. You can say it with a different flow but at the end of the day, they were still glorifying drug use back then

There is more variety and music available than any point in history. All of it is easily discoverable to anyone, in fact Tidal and Spotify automatically suggest songs that are similar and start playing it. I listen to Cole, and Tidal took me to JID, then took me to West Coast Boogie, then KRIT. All of these artists I would never hear through the radio or "gatekeepers". People are just playing what they want.

Back
Top Bottom