Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

If these were Tru-Life, Push Montana, or Red Cafe type dudes, threads would be buried on page 350

Exactly. :lol:

Papoose, Saigon etc. It's been a good amount of NY dudes that was supposed to be "next" and didn't deliver because they wasn't THAT GOOD.

Griselda is. Like I said lyrically, production wise, the way they package everything is great. They give you a tour of where they're from. Their own style and sound. What has been missing in rap in a lot of areas.

Griselda has a cult following...just like plenty of other avant garde acts in all genres of music.

Nothing else to it. They're not getting some crazy, exuberant amount of attention that extends beyond a very niche group.
Their cult following extends to the other side of the Atlantic. I never expected to see our music outlets reviewing the Benny project etc, people talking about it on social media and praising Griselda, ...

I f'ed with Benny immediately.

Always thought Conway was nice but when I heard The Cow it was like "Aight I get it"

Took me a while to get into Westside cuz his voice but it was something about listening to Supreme Blientele in the winter that got me. I was randomly saying his hooks and ad-libs outta nowhere.

Some people are just better off being Ghost writers than MCs and I think Dave East falls into that category.

Yeah I never understood that, regional music is alive and well it’s just......regional :lol:

You gotta tap in and seek it out. Regional sounds only be hitting the mainstream like that when somebody within puts the right magic together to catch attention outside the region

Lately that’s been the dudes like Keef, Tee Grizzley, Kodak, Youngboy, Mozzy, etc. All these dudes took off from just doing the regional sounds of wherever they came from

Baby/Stunna and soon PG Ra doing the same as we speak

That East and Max B track is hard.

How can someone get in position to be a ghostwriter or make reference tracks?

Back
Top Bottom