Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Dave and Scooter dropped. Should be some good riding music this weekend. Jacquees going to be on some late night ****, with your lady. He be setting the table. Underrated imo.

Yeah, idk about prodigies.
9F618848-CB70-46F7-8B0B-A4AABC3F00ED.png

When I think of musical prodigies, I think of Mozart, Ray, Stevie and Michael.

And I’m a fan of Wayne, Keef and Kodak but starting out young and being influential doesn’t make you a prodigy imo.

dave needs more of a persona..he's to cookie cutter..its cut and dry with him..he doesn't have any swag lol

He needs to stick to the story-telling type songs, cause he's very good at those. Godfather 4 with Nas through Mama I Made It is his lane, but he wants the lane of songs with Chris Brown, Jacques, Tory Lanez. Tough dilemma to be in, especially at this juncture of his career where he's still trying to find himself and break out.

And I’m a fan of Wayne, Keef and Kodak but starting out young and being influential doesn’t make you a prodigy imo.

Wayne was 12-16 years old. Not even cursing unti his 1999 debut. Writing his own lyrics and hooks for CMR. Even baby himself said it. BG and Wayne were both rap prodigies. They were young as hell.

just like Shyheim with Wu Tang. Gotta give these dudes they props. We strictly talking rap.

That **** gets thrown around too loosely, people lose what being a prodigy is. I don't even think hip hop has any child prodigies. Maybe Nas, he's the only _ that was truly great at under 18.

That **** gets thrown around too loosely, people lose what being a prodigy is. I don't even think hip hop has any child prodigies. Maybe Nas, he's the only _ that was truly great at under 18.

Boosie, Nas, BG, LL, Wayne, Youngboy, Keef, Mob Deep, Kodak off the top of my head.

Prodigious talents 🤷🏾‍♂️

This is a prodigy.

His skill level, his wordplay, flow everything was GREAT.

I love BG, one of my favorite rappers period but nah. Wayne wasn't either. He wasn't even the best in his crew. Keef damn sure wasn't no prodigy. Kodak and Youngboy was booth real talented for that age just like BG but I can't say prodigy. They was still flawed.

I'm not even getting into this Prodigy discussion, i'm just gonna say Nas & Mobb Deep dropping some of the best albums ever made at 18-19 are things prodigies do. Being influential & being better than your peers (mostly due to your peers being trash) does not = being a Prodigy.

As far as East project goes it's smooth, I'm gonna give it a few more spins over the weekend. But Def Jam as usual kinda skewed it in the wrong direction. Joint shouldn't be more than 13-14 tracks at most.

Baby (average forced song to appeal to the chicks)
Night Shift ft Lil Baby (Bland as **** & unnecessary after the gunna track)
On Sight (throwaway generic Ty Dolla song)
Penthouse (Same vibe i get from the Ross & Dream Track)
Nipsey Tribute (would have been a good song on a standalone but not needed on the album)

As far as standouts
Godfather 4, Need A Sign, Mama I Made It, Wanna Be a G.

a lot of the Loosies he dropped over the past year could have been inserted on here over some of the tracks.

LL COOL J was 16................... get your history in order. 17 when he dropped his debut.

Rakim was 18.

BG and Wayne were 15/16......

This is a prodigy.

His skill level, his wordplay, flow everything was GREAT.

I love BG, one of my favorite rappers period but nah. Wayne wasn't either. He wasn't even the best in his crew. Keef damn sure wasn't no prodigy. Kodak and Youngboy was booth real talented for that age just like BG but I can't say prodigy. They was still flawed.

NT shut down for a few hours, y’all go smoke a lil K2 or some ice..........

And come back talking jibberish. Nas is my favorite rapper but he WAS not the only rap prodigy. Stoppppppp

The New York arrogance is rearing her ugly head again today.......

Notice how they try to confuse and bamboozle

I like the Dave album. My issue is the order of the songs is ****ed up. What happened to real producers and people that know how to put together the collection of songs for the album?

Back
Top Bottom