Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The New York arrogance is rearing her ugly head again today.......

Notice how they try to confuse and bamboozle

what in the blue **** does NY bias have anything to do with saying NBA YOUNGBOY & CHIEF KEEF aren't child prodigies :lol: :lol:

there good artist depending on who you ask but none of them have created anything at a young age that will standout as exceptional or game changing in the grand scheme of the genre.

again being influential doesn't mean that your a prodigy.

what in the blue **** does NY bias have anything to do with saying NBA YOUNGBOY & CHIEF KEEF aren't child prodigies :lol: :lol:

there good artist depending on who you ask but none of them have created anything at a young age that will standout as exceptional or game changing in the grand scheme of the genre.

again being influential doesn't mean that your a prodigy.

“only rap prodigies are Nas and mobb deep”

Mentions BG, Wayne, any non-New York bred emcee*******

“They were good, but not prodigies”

Sounds about right

:lol: No one explicitly said Nas & Mobb are rap prodigies aside from Baltimore Wavy saying the latter are.

Max said Nas is the closest thing to a prodigy in rap but even then, isn’t sure rap even has a prodigy (I agree).

Ty said what Nas & Mobb did album-wise at such a young age is what prodigies do but he never outright called them that.

Before we continue this argument, I think we should clarify what everyone is saying because I’m getting the drift that there is differentiating between a MUSICAL PRODIGY & a RAP PRODIGY taking place?

Edit: Nevermind on the third paragraph. :lol:

“only rap prodigies are Nas and mobb deep”

Mentions BG, Wayne, any non-New York bred emcee*******

“They were good, but not prodigies”

Sounds about right

So i'm NYC bias because....... I called Nas & Mobb Deep Prodigy's for literally creating some of the best albums OF ALL TIME at the age of 18-19.

The Block Is Hot & Chopper City are comparable to those two albums in what capacity???

****** acting like i said A-Boogie was a prodigy :lol: (& Btw if youngboy can be given that bull**** title then A Boogie should be given that too)

I like the Dave album. My issue is the order of the songs is ****ed up. What happened to real producers and people that know how to put together the collection of songs for the album?

The first song is one of the worst openers ever. I was about to **** on DJ Premier but I should've been ****ting on Swizz Beatz instead for that crap. Penthouse isn't a bad song, but that's a middle of an album song, not a second track to an album. Should've just come out the gate with Godfather 4 and go from there.

Earl Sweatshirt was a rap prodigy

Earl Sweatshirt sucks and is one of the most boring Nyquil rappers today.

I'm cool with BG being labeled as a prodigy. He was way ahead of his time even as a 14 year old, and I can even see Kodak and YoungBoy called that cause they have some wise beyond years content driven music like old school Boosie (despite goofy immature antics that don't look good going forward). But some of these other dudes....LOL. Simply being under 22 with a rough upbringing doesn't make you a prodigy, especially when they don't stand out in any way.

Last edited:
So i'm NYC bias because....... I called Nas & Mobb Deep Prodigy's for literally creating some of the best albums OF ALL TIME at the age of 18-19.

The Block Is Hot & Chopper City are comparable to those two albums in what capacity???

*****s acting like i said A-Boogie was a prodigy :lol: (& Btw if youngboy can be given that bull**** title then A Boogie should be given that too)

Chopper City and all the early HotBoy$ albums are ON PAR with Illmatic and the infamous! Damn right! You’re not from
The south so you wouldn’t understand!!!

All those albums give you the street perspective of teenagers....

somehow, the NYC bias always rings true. Smh. Y’all gotta stop that.

chopper city is a CLASSIC! Bg was 16 years old!!!!!

Cause it’s a “southern” album, Chopper City ain’t on the same level as Illmatic or The Infamous? Y’all NYC cats kill me

I’m from Texas and was like 15-16 when Illmatic dropped. I can remember being amazed. I’m still amazed when I hear now and think of the age he was when he wrote it.
But that was pre internet so it was much harder to get heard. I’m sure prodigies of all sorts have always existed but social media gives everyone a platform now. But I still haven’t seen a youngster come out that was that advanced since him.

Aite Man Choppa City is in the hiphop Pantheon along Illmatic & the Infamous :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Illmatic is the best rap album of all time. Different category to me.

I know many people that would put chopper city up there with the infamous tho. That’s not as laughable as you thing woe.

Mobb Deep :lol:

One hot album every 10 year average...... prodigies!! :lol:

B5503140-EAF7-49BA-A55F-57E706FDA38C.png

Earl Sweatshirt sucks, how the hell is he a prodigy?

Wayne was garbage as a kid and as an adult soooooo he’s never been a prodigy.

Back
Top Bottom